Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Select ready-made plans expiring April 22nd

Check your account usage.

PM follows the 1024mb/gb rule.

I have 4.5 + 500 and it shows 5,120 MB.

This is technically incorrect, according to TOS.

They can change prices for your existing plan on a whim (with notification).

Most carriers recognize this as poor business practice and choose not to.  PM once tried to jack up the $40/4GB price on an old promo and faced major backlash.

Still...Fido and Virgin do it all the time...part of why I left for PM.  Hopefully they don't follow suit.  If they do, there really is no "choice" (even though PM is still Telus).  Perhaps it'd be good to say there would no longer be any "value."

Mayor / Maire

@zxcvbnm wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@Claireleau wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@Claireleau wrote:

Hi, i just need one clarification

I am currently waiting for my SIM card to arrive and was planning to get the talk+text+500mb+500mb plan at 25$, but now i read that it will expire.

So assuming that i receive my SIM card before april 22th and subscribe to this plan, will i be able to keep it forever, or will i be forced to choose another plan next month ?

There's no such thing as forever. The company can change things whenever they like. They should give some notice but they can still change things.

Yeah i realise "forever" is quite a long time. In the past i have been with Koodo and Bell and they let you stay on long-forgotten plans as long as you don't change it. My question was more about checking if PM usually let you keep promotional plans you're subscribed to after they expire or not. I'm very new to this pre-paid concept.

Then yes. There are people here still on a famous plan from the fall of 2016. Of course if you change plans then if a promo plan is no longer available then you can't go back to it.

What were those fall 2016 promo plans?

Before my time. It was a 90 day plan that many regulars here still have and continue to flip flop over whether they can let it go.

I'm sure they can describe it if they wish.

Oracle

@zxcvbnm wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

Then yes. There are people here still on a famous plan from the fall of 2016. Of course if you change plans then if a promo plan is no longer available then you can't go back to it.

What were those fall 2016 promo plans?

@zxcvbnm 

The Fall 2016 promo plan included unlimited province-wide calling, unlimited international texting, and 12 GB of LTE data over 90 days for $120.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I changed from the $40 to the $15 plan for a month while I'm out of the country. I hope they have a similar or better plan in May!

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@stonechucker wrote:

@homer wrote:

Just read through the ToS and found the answer of this question: 

@Alan_K wrote:

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Public Mobile has the right to change any of the terms of service, including rates, without notice. Changes become effective thirty days after being posted at publicmobile.ca/plans 

They can create or end the availability of any promo or inmarket plan whenever they want, without any warning.  It’s when they change your active plan (or to be renewed or reactivated plan) they give notice, and the change applies 30 days later.

I don't think I like the sound of this where they can jack up the price of your current plan or  change it to the current equivalent plan. I shall see how it goes as I stay with PM.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@geopublic wrote:

@steff12321 wrote:

Are these expiring to make space for more exciting offers? Smiley Surprised

Judging by how Koodo increased their pricing, I'm afraid prices might be going up Smiley Sad

Hopefully PM is not making that mistake. There is already competetive plans (even better on medium data usage) from the competitors out there. 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Tor9898 wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@steff12321 wrote:

Are these expiring to make space for more exciting offers? Smiley Surprised

Judging by how Koodo increased their pricing, I'm afraid prices might be going up Smiley Sad

Hopefully PM is not making that mistake. There is already competetive plans (even better on medium data usage) from the competitors out there. 

I hope they don't either... Just a thought, isn't this discount offer due to a CRTC ruling forcing them to provide it? Maybe that will keep the pricing in line to a certain extent. I could be wrong ...

Mayor / Maire

@duffer900 wrote:

Just a thought, isn't this discount offer due to a CRTC ruling forcing them to provide it?

Ha ha ha CRTC forcing good one ahh good times Smiley Happy

I did the exact same thing for the same reason, just read about the coming changes and tried to go back to my old 4.5gb for $40 plan but the system must be overloaded with others doing the same thing.

Not a happy camper.