cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Select ready-made plans expiring April 22nd

@AE_Collector wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

This does match Chatr's offers with one exception.

Chatr is still offering 1 GB plan at $25, but this excludes out-going calls.

Don’t understand that... Chatr $25/1GB doesn’t include voice or you can receive voice calls but not make voice calls?

It's an autopay 1gb  nationwide data plan that includes unlimited, Canadawide incoming calls. Outgoing calls are charged 40 cents /min and are billed directly to a credit card  

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Okay so it might be $5 less than PMs 1GB plan and be appealing for some but if you use voice that would be a pain in the @#$&. JMHO

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@AE_Collector

Well if you make just 10 calls a month of say 2 min each, the $25 Chatr

plan would actually be more expensive than than the $30 PM plan. Also keep in mind that retrieving voicemail also attracts outgoing call charges. Thing is, for some people Rogers provides better coverage, while Bellus is virtually unusable. 

If you couple that with the kind of fiasco we're seeing today, where some PM customers have lost service despite being fully paid up, we've got a ball game. And Lucky Mobile still has a $25/500 + 500mb plan, although I'm not sure Lucky has much in the way of add-ons like US roaming.

I'm a big PM fan but this company needs to get its act together, if it wants to stay competitive. As things stand, I could never in good conscience recommend PM to friends and family. 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Luck Mobile still offers unlimited talk/text plus 1GB data for $25, so they are more attractive for the new activations. They offer live customer service and eSim, but not the referral and auto-pay discounts. 

NJC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yep - this is a disappointment. I signed up a family member for $25 / 1GB plan and had bought a sim card ... left for holiday in the USA and when returning, the plan is gone. Smiley Indifferent

I've signed up for the cheap plan for now, but it doesn't look like another special will be happening soon. 

Mayor / Maire

@NJC wrote:

Yep - this is a disappointment. I signed up a family member for $25 / 1GB plan and had bought a sim card ... left for holiday in the USA and when returning, the plan is gone. Smiley Indifferent

I've signed up for the cheap plan for now, but it doesn't look like another special will be happening soon. 

Looks like that $25 plan is now $30. Be aware that Public Mobile frequently has pop-up promo's that you can take advantage of. If one does come around that you like, you can always buy it at that time, but future date it to your renewal date. That way you won't lose any time on the plan you currently have.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NJC wrote:

You can still get that plan, go to change plan in your account, select your own plan, then select 30 days, unlimited Canada wide minutes, unlimited international text and then opt for 500 + 500 mb with autopay.  You can future date it for your next billing cycle so you won't lose your current plan.  This way it will be locked in, but I would suggest you do it ASAP because there's no guarantee this option will be available for long.

Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@NJC wrote:

You can still get that plan, go to change plan in your account, select your own plan, then select 30 days, unlimited Canada wide minutes, unlimited international text and then opt for 500 + 500 mb with autopay.  You can future date it for your next billing cycle so you won't lose your current plan.  This way it will be locked in, but I would suggest you do it ASAP because there's no guarantee this option will be available for long.

@dabr; where do you see that old plan at $25 ? Looks like it's now $30.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hairbag1 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@NJC wrote:

@dabr; where do you see that old plan at $25 ? Looks like it's now $30.

Log into your account and select build your own plan option.  It's been there a few days @rmunday  I believe was one of the first one to notice.