cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Saying Goodbye to the Public Lab

@nishufan wrote:

It means the idea badges will no longer available, and the last time chance you can get it is posting ideas before February 1st.

I never got the point of them anyway...it's not like they did anything, nor were they anything to brag about... 

Highlighted

@makkahn28 wrote:

Personally I think PM maybe in a Bit of a Haste, The Lab has Some Usefulness

What will happen then? How does PM know WHAT PPL want If Lab is No longer there?

I think we have plenty of vocal people who already let everyone know what they want (or don't want) regardless of whether or not the Lab is there (a lot of opinions float outside of the lab anyway, and there have been instances where I've either witnessed or suggested someone put their idea in the lab rather than in the middle of a non sequitor discussion thread).

Darn! I was just going to go to the lab to make a suggestion on making the transaction history clearer (I get confused every time I look...). Well, it's not Feb 1st yet, so I'll give it a browse to see if it's previously been mentioned...

There are currently (as I last looked) 620 new ideas.  It's been this way for a number of weks now, but there have been atleast 1 new idea almost everyday.

It's clearly not a priority for updates, and as a result, I don't think we should continue the Public Lab.

There are so many great (and duplicated) ideas, and they're never acted on.

This is a dead horse that needs to be dealt with.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@danielj

Thanks for the link.

It's not that I don't understand the transactions, but it would be helpful if the "balance" isn't all listed as positive because they aren't. If it's negative, it should be reflected as such rather than showing numbers going up and down.

Mayor / Maire

wrote:

There are currently (as I last looked) 620 new ideas.  It's been this way for a number of weks now, but there have been atleast 1 new idea almost everyday.

It's clearly not a priority for updates, and as a result, I don't think we should continue the Public Lab.

There are so many great (and duplicated) ideas, and they're never acted on.

This is a dead horse that needs to be dealt with.

@stonechucker

The stats on top of the Public Lab post / tread list only reflect the ideas the PM employees have actually looked at / "sorted" / "prioritized" / given some kind of "feedback" on. (all categories together I'm adding up to 946). "Brand new" meaning: We have read this - we might consider what to do about it."

In my browser I see 20 posts per page and there are 65 pages, so there are between 1280 -1300 "ideas" in the lab. So that's roughly a quarter that no label has been given to. I assume that some of those are questions wrongly posted in the lab (that should have been moved to the appropriate section) or spam (that should be deleted).

I guess the lab worked reasonably well when it was first introduced - enthusiastic staff, small customer base and an even smaller number of people who embraced the opportunity to give their input and were heard at the Beta stage.

As time moved on, "every" new community member felt the obligation to get the "5 ideas" batch, ideas unread by PM staff just added up, and "glitches" persisted the remaining enthusiasm of the staff was needed elsewhere... It didn't help that oracle powers didn't extend to the lab.

Like others I think that the highest priority for Public Mobile should be to have all known problems in self serve fixed and some functions expanded (I still believe that, at this point, starting from scratch might be a better choice than putting a bandaid here and tweak that, just to find out that that fix messed up something else over there...) If the mods would only need to deal with a small percentage of the current volume of customer service requests, more resources could be put into optimizing the website and - hopefully - implementing some of the great ideas in the lab.

Unfortunately, I think it's not going to happen anytime soon... It feels a bit like the higher ups at Telus go along the lines of: "We are getting a reasonable amount of money out of PM, so it ain't broken, no need to throw money at it to fix it." Meanwhile the mods and back ground crew, who are doing their best every day, are scrambling to keep customers happy.

Once more just my two cents.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Looking forward to what the next step is. As a new customer, I liked the idea of the lab.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I was looking around, trying to figure out on how to get myself an Idea Badge… Sad news!

P.S. If you don’t need your Idea Badge, please donate! Smiley Wink