cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: SMS Notification for Autopay Error

@xdragon wrote:

This is a great feature.  So even if I'd forgotten to update my account with new expiry day for my credit card, I would still be able to notified for that instead of having to find out I can't use my cellphone because my credit card has expired.

That's not how I interpret these features. (if you're talking about the OP) I interpret them as after the fact being a little descriptive rather than saying nothing when your account suspends. Your account is still suspended.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is a great feature.  So even if I'd forgotten to update my account with new expiry day for my credit card, I would still be able to notified for that instead of having to find out I can't use my cellphone because my credit card has expired.

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This type of information is KEY! Ths communtiy needs to be PREinformed with all issues that are important as this one. GOOD TO SEE!

Some might find something like this happening very upseting "after the fact". All related issues should be done with this process as it is informitive & direct! Once this is impelmented, and someone has a issue, you can easily direct them to this SMS notification that was already sent out to them.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@geopublic wrote:

If Public Mobile offered the above plan I would not mind paying for the entire year upfront ...

Exactly why CWTA and CRTC made it illegal for foreign competition to enter the Canadian market. None of the Big Three and none of their subsidiary brands (including Public Mobile) has any need to compete with this offer. Or with the even better offers available to consumers in certain parts of Europe and Asia.

Public Mobile might offer an extra GB for five bucks less than its Canadian peers. But Telus wouldn't allow (also wouldn't be allowed to allow) their third-tier brand to rock the boat too much.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's really a huge problem.  My service was cut off as soon as I got the SMS.  My account access was cut off also. Paying by using *611 doesn't work either. Surprise. Surprise.   

So I am assuming that the auto pay problems are caused by PM, not by the credit card company or banks.  I have never had auto pay not work for any of the other services I pay for.  

So I am just kind of wondering what kind of a company would consider it acceptable business practice to cut off people's phone service instantly during a pandemic and just generally when they are source of the problems?  

It's a kind of company that doesn't understand the meaning of their customers relying on phone service for appointments, emergencies, family issues, especially during a pandemic when people get most of their medical and mental health services via their phones. 

It's dangerous and negligent.  

I have had affordable cell phone service in the US, cheaper than what PM provides, and they did provide on-call customer service.  Either your service is spot-on or, if your company has all sorts of problems providing the service, at least offer telephone based customer service.  Otherwise, what's the point?? 

I am looking for another provider at this time.  This auto pay thing pushed me over the edge. 

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@LisaMcFadden unless your sole purpose is to save money. public isn't the right company for your needs. you're better off with lucky or chatr... but don't expect things to be perfect on their end though.. look at the reviews for lucky and chatr. and you will see the same issues you see here..

the best thing you can do is to pay ahead of time and avoid the auto-pay glitch. you still qualify for the $2 reward. I have been managing my account this way and my service never disconnects. I pay about 1 month ahead, when I receive the text that my plan has renewed.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gpixel4 wrote:

@LisaMcFadden unless your sole purpose is to save money. public isn't the right company for your needs. you're better off with lucky or chatr... but don't expect things to be perfect on their end though.. look at the reviews for lucky and chatr. and you will see the same issues you see here..

the best thing you can do is to pay ahead of time and avoid the auto-pay glitch. you still qualify for the $2 reward. I have been managing my account this way and my service never disconnects. I pay about 1 month ahead, when I receive the text that my plan has renewed.

Even then, at the time of activation, the only thing that is guaranteed is the $2 autopay reward and the $10 credit if you're referred, at least in the short term. The rewards take time to build up. The rewards are really all Public Mobile has to offer these days.  Other than the potential for those, there's very little reason for people to choose Public Mobile over its direct competitors. Please - no one misunderstand me - saving money is one big thing, but when it comes to almost everything else, whether it's customer service, device sales, and even prices plans, you might as well just flip a coin betwen Chatr an Lucky.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Lucky is pretty good. Basically the same thing as Public. Except they offer a wider array of long-distance options. And data options. And other options.

But Lucky doesn't offer any of the Rewards (discounts) we get on Public. They've also never given any gifts to their customers. And they nickle-dime you on everything they can, little fees on stuff, little "service pass" charges, the more "options" you use the more it all adds up.

I think it's probably worth paying more for service and support if you'll make use of it.

I think it's definitely worth paying less for service and support if you'll almost never need it.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@LisaMcFadden wrote:

It's really a huge problem.  My service was cut off as soon as I got the SMS.  My account access was cut off also. Paying by using *611 doesn't work either. Surprise. Surprise.   

So I am assuming that the auto pay problems are caused by PM, not by the credit card company or banks.

@LisaMcFadden  Yes, a large number of Auto-Pay failures are due to issues with PM's processing systems.

I have never had auto pay not work for any of the other services I pay for.  

So I am just kind of wondering what kind of a company would consider it acceptable business practice to cut off people's phone service instantly during a pandemic and just generally when they are source of the problems?  

I agree. If the failure was due to a PM system problem then PM should restore service and credit the cost of the plan renewal to the customer. 

It's a kind of company that doesn't understand the meaning of their customers relying on phone service for appointments, emergencies, family issues, especially during a pandemic when people get most of their medical and mental health services via their phones. 

It's dangerous and negligent.  

One word oligopoly

I have had affordable cell phone service in the US, cheaper than what PM provides, and they did provide on-call customer service.  

One word competition.

Either your service is spot-on or, if your company has all sorts of problems providing the service, at least offer telephone based customer service.  Otherwise, what's the point?? 

I am looking for another provider at this time.  This auto pay thing pushed me over the edge. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Agree.  Every providers have their renewal issues which we do not know about.  PM has this forum to show every issues they have.

After Rogers switched my Mobilicity to Chatr on 3G alone and pay-per-use to suck the fund in on account dry.  Rogers network in western Canada is not that good.  I cannot get any 3G signals in big box store like Superstore, HomeDepot etc.  I don't know about Lucky as I have not use it.  PM with LTE capped to 3Mbps is perfect for me on small amount of data every 30 days.

The best way to navigate around PM issues is to learn what makes PM ticks and avoid the issues.  I was on this forum couple days after my first activation and I manage 8 accounts for my family members.  None of these 8 accounts had stopped working 1 second.