Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: SMS Notification for Autopay Error

@gblackma 

Oh I got it.

Well as I understand these messages are not confirmation but to get your attention, if you are reactivating you attention is probably already there.

Cheers

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If Public Mobile implements these new failure messages, then please give us the ability to  disable the existing two payment related SMS messages:

- Your payment is due, if you are on auto-pay then ignore this....
- Thanks for your payment...

I hate those two SMS messages, because they arrive at 1am and wake me up.  Super annoying.  There is no option to stop them. 

If the new failure messages become live, then those two messages are not really necessary any more and I would like to stop them.  (Or at least prefer to have them sent via email instead of SMS.)

I just want to be notified when there is a problem.. not anytime else.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

I would just block all ports unless headsup.

I've read here couple of times when people got sms notification after midnight, one didn't have time to react, by the time they got to their selfserve the account was already gone, the other woke up the next morning with that as the last message.

Not to mention that I've read sms doesn't have such high priority, so it could be delayed. Just get rid of it unless you contact mods

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Ideally if the Auto-Pay failure occurred to no fault of the customer or his credit card company then Public Mobile should send out a text apologizing and informing the customer that their renewal for the current period would be free of charge. That would motivate Public Mobile to fix the bug pretty quickly. 😉

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hstraf wrote:

If Public Mobile implements these new failure messages, then please give us the ability to  disable the existing two payment related SMS messages:

- Your payment is due, if you are on auto-pay then ignore this....
- Thanks for your payment...

I hate those two SMS messages, because they arrive at 1am and wake me up.  Super annoying.  There is no option to stop them. 

If the new failure messages become live, then those two messages are not really necessary any more and I would like to stop them.  (Or at least prefer to have them sent via email instead of SMS.)

I just want to be notified when there is a problem.. not anytime else.

Thanks.

Once again I disagree. I want them. I have never ever had a text from PM before 9am. They have never ever texted me after  5pm. Why not be informed/communicated with?

One day you’ll be asking for them. Put your phone on DND. Are you located in a province different than what province that your SIM is registered in? 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am in the same province as my SIM chip.

I understand some people want the two messages I mentioned.  What I am suggesting is the option to disable them.  

We should be able to login to the account area, and enable/disable whatever notifications we want.  Or at least be able to choose to have them send as either SMS or email or both.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@kselmak 

Maybe I'm mis-remembering but I thought they now have a final confirmation that needed a reply or it fails to complete.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@z10user4 The procedure requiring Public Mobile customers to confirm/authorize a port out by replying to a text message has been discontinued (for now).

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 Just when we make progress we go back. Any idea why they have stopped?

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

One more reason for considering the Pay Once-a-Year Plan. Please read the suggestion at the link below: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Pay-Once-a-Year-Plan/td-p/579759

@Catherine_T