cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: SMS Notification for Autopay Error

@computergeek541 

Well that was short lived. I thought it was perfect.

Sigh.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Ideally if the Auto-Pay failure occurred to no fault of the customer or his credit card company then Public Mobile should send out a text apologizing and informing the customer that their renewal for the current period would be free of charge. That would motivate Public Mobile to fix the bug pretty quickly. 😉

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

One more reason for considering the Pay Once-a-Year Plan. Please read the suggestion at the link below: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Pay-Once-a-Year-Plan/td-p/579759

@Catherine_T 

Highlighted
Oracle

@sa7375 wrote:

One more reason for considering the Pay Once-a-Year Plan. Please read the suggestion at the link below: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Pay-Once-a-Year-Plan/td-p/579759

@Catherine_T 

@sa7375, PM got away from the 90-day plans as they were confusing to customers.  I don't see them starting up a 360-day plan for the same reasons.  You are able to add those funds to your self serve now if you like.  Another downfall to this is that if you are on this plan and another provider offers a great deal that works for you, your money is tied up here with no refunds and you miss out or lose out on what you paid for.

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@sa7375 wrote:

@Catherine_T 

@sa7375, PM got away from the 90-day plans as they were confusing to customers.  I don't see them starting up a 360-day plan for the same reasons.  You are able to add those funds to your self serve now if you like.  Another downfall to this is that if you are on this plan and another provider offers a great deal that works for you, your money is tied up here with no refunds and you miss out or lose out on what you paid for.

Agree.  PM is a prepaid service provider.  There is no refund of the unused days of the current cycle.  I may consider a 90 days plan if it is cheaper and I definitely will not get a 1 year plan.  I was considering to sign up the PM $120 12GB 90 days plan back in 2016.  But I decided not to because I need Canada wide calling.

1 year plan is bad for the refer-a-friend credit.  Imagine that your referrals stay with PM for the whole year and decided to leave PM couple days before your annual renewal.  $12/referral will be down the drain.  I prefer to get my referral credit every 30 days.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@popping wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@sa7375 wrote:

@Catherine_T 

Agree.  PM is a prepaid service provider.  There is no refund of the unused days of the current cycle.  I may consider a 90 days plan if it is cheaper and I definitely will not get a 1 year plan.  I was considering to sign up the PM $120 12GB 90 days plan back in 2016.  But I decided not to because I need Canada wide calling.

1 year plan is bad for the refer-a-friend credit.  Imagine that your referrals stay with PM for the whole year and decided to leave PM couple days before your annual renewal.  $12/referral will be down the drain.  I prefer to get my referral credit every 30 days.

Bang on!! I agree. If you want a longer plan then use the hybrid plan and pay 30, 60, 90 days ahead etc. on your own. 

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Bang on!! I agree. If you want a longer plan then use the hybrid plan and pay 30, 60, 90 days ahead etc. on your own. 

@LurganIeUk It sounds like you are "opposed" to the idea. Why do you even care one way or the other? No one would force you into signing up for something against your will. It's just one more possibility that someone threw out there that may appeal to people willing to commit to PM for that long for the right price.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

ATT-1.PNG

If Public Mobile offered the above plan I would not mind paying for the entire year upfront. Also if the the data allowance would be for the entire year that would be another benefit for a 360 day plan and also if I remember correctly the original proposal was for a discount to be applied if one were to decide and go with a 360 day plan.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@geopublic wrote:

If Public Mobile offered the above plan I would not mind paying for the entire year upfront ...

Exactly why CWTA and CRTC made it illegal for foreign competition to enter the Canadian market. None of the Big Three and none of their subsidiary brands (including Public Mobile) has any need to compete with this offer. Or with the even better offers available to consumers in certain parts of Europe and Asia.

Public Mobile might offer an extra GB for five bucks less than its Canadian peers. But Telus wouldn't allow (also wouldn't be allowed to allow) their third-tier brand to rock the boat too much.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wonderful idea PM! Thank you for your efforts. 

Need Help? Let's chat.