cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
felix1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: SIM Swap Fraud

Fell victim to this last night. Fortunately I got it all figured out. Thank you Moderators!

Admittedly my Public login password was weak. I did not think hackers would gain anything from using this account but now I know they could do a lot of damage.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@felix1 wrote:

Fell victim to this last night. Fortunately I got it all figured out. Thank you Moderators!

Admittedly my Public login password was weak. I did not think hackers would gain anything from using this account but now I know they could do a lot of damage.

@felix1 Thanks for coming here and letting everyone know your experience. I think it's important to note that your account or mine may not provide hackers what they are looking for once they are in but it is a massive headache and I would think a physiological hit to go through this. Once they realize there is nothing to be gained they may well move on, leaving the affected parties to pick up the pieces.

rhbcc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for shedding light to this.Hopefully this will make people realize that they still need to routinely change or toughen up their online passwords especially during the pandemic where theres a LOT of online fraud.

Need Help? Let's chat.