cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Ordering & SIM Card Payment & Pick-Up Locations

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

UPDATE: VANCOUVER IS OFFICIALLY SOLD OUT.

Hey Community,

There are only 2 more days left for you to take advantage of our 4G/ $40 promotional plan. Since time is short, we are doing a couple of things to help you get your SIM cards prior to the promo ending, and so that we level-set on expectations.

We are temporarily stopping SIM cards shipments.

Unfortunately, you’ll need to come back to order SIM cards next week since we’ve temporarily stopped shipping SIM cards. Why? We thought you’d want to know. It’s simple: any SIM cards that are ordered now will not make it into your hands before the end of our promotion (Sunday, November 20 at 11:59pm) and we don’t want you to get your hopes up and then be disappointed. But do come back and check us out next week – we’d love to have you join us.

We will be setting up SIM card pick-up locations in 3 urban centres.

For people who have not yet received their SIM cards in the mail, or for people who would like to switch at the last minute, we are setting up SIM card pick-up locations.  This is how it will work:

• Those who have not yet ordered a SIM card can purchase a SIM card for $5 each. Credit cards and VISA debit cards are the only accepted payment methods.  No other method of payment will be accepted. All SIM card purchases will be non-refundable.
  • In the spirit of Movember, all proceeds will be donated to the Movember Foundation to address some of the biggest health issues faced by men.
  • If you have ordered a SIM card and have not yet received it, please bring your Shopify order confirmation email to prove your payment (either electronically or printed). Without this confirmation email, you will need to pay for another SIM card.

Who are you looking for? At each location there will be two Public Mobile representatives dressed with a white Public Mobile snapback and orange Public Mobile cape. Yes, that’s right- a cape. 

What time will the reps be available? Reps will be available Friday November 18th and Saturday November 19th from 11am - 7 pm local time. 

How many SIM cards can I purchase? There will be a limit of 2 SIM cards per person

Please note:  There are limited quantities of SIM cards at each location and we will be spreading out our supplies across the two days. 

Where can you pick-up SIM cards?

Toronto

Outside of the TELUS Tower

25 York Street

Toronto Ontario

M5J 2V5

Vancouver -- SOLD OUT FOR NOVEMBER 18 & NOVEMBER 19 

On the corner of Richards St and West Georgia

Vancouver British Columbia

Montreal

North of the TELUS Tower

Corner of René-Lévesque Boulevard and Union Avenue

Montreal Quebec

H3B 3C1

Last but not least, if you do have any Public Mobile SIM cards that you are not planning on using before the promotion is done, be kind! Let friends, family or Community members know, so that they can also take advantage of the great deal. We appreciate you lending a hand! 

-Public Mobile Community team

277 REPLIES 277

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Maybe just hold off another week, things should be back to normal soon.

bluerage
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I wonder just how many people were affected.

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pikachiu132 who knows. I've been waiting for a response from Monday. I woudl assume their priority is on those who paid and can't get service right now.

pikachiu132

Hi! Sent @Jeremy_M a message on Friday night regarding this. 

I'm a noob, how long before I can expect a response?

bluerage

While I understand the model PM uses to keep their prices down it is frustrating that they at least don't give an updates.

Has anyone that signe up on the 6gb plan been successfully transfered onto the promo they were running?  

Are we just adding to the backlog if we sign up now and send a message to the mods to get plans updated?

Would they rather us wait for the backlog to get cleared?

I only monitor a few threads but I haven't seen a mod comment or reply on any of them.

Juhi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have sent two messages to the mods as well as a FB message now.  I have not yet received my SIM card; it was ordered on Nov 8 (Order no. 89013). Could someone please look into this? 

Betballs

Sending this message was very hard,  sure you're busy... I signed up a sim my dad ordered i think couple weeks ago #938411. Maybe an extra digit in there 

Just activated 3 months 6 gb but understand the promo is good if sims predate Expiry. Email is Bethybet@mail.com.  Not sure how community works just saw your post to message moderator 

cptwonton
@jimmyche

Thanks! I'll give that a try.

jimmyche

@cptwonton

I would also private msg Jeremy_M and Dave_M to explain your situation,
You basically did your due diligence to order the sim before the promo even started.

orangearmy

My activation failed on Sunday Nov-20.  PM'd mods @Mary_M and @Jeremy_M  but havent received a response.  I would appreciate if someone could get back to me with an answer.  Thanks in advance.

PZ

jrniebla

I didnt got a Canada Post Tracking, only an email from pubic mobile about my order, but all it says is the order number and that's it.

I've sent a private message to a moderator yesterday, waiting for reply...

Rockdaddy22
Welcome to the PM family

xxJDxx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
You scared me for a second @xxJDxx, I thought I screwed you lol I'm so happy everything worked out, it made my night at work 🙂 Remember, most ports actually work without a problem. It's people providing wrong pins or imei that cause MOST of the failed ports.

Yea, my bad. I should have known better but I had helped a friend transfer his service a few days before and it ported over almost immediately. The fact that mine was only partially working at first made me think something had gone wrong. But all appears to be good. 

Rockdaddy22
You scared me for a second @xxJDxx, I thought I screwed you lol I'm so happy everything worked out, it made my night at work 🙂 Remember, most ports actually work without a problem. It's people providing wrong pins or imei that cause MOST of the failed ports.

PhoneSeeker

@jrniebla wrote:

I ordered my SIM in Nov 10th, and haven't received it yet, can I still pick a SIM somewhere in Toronto?

@jrniebla

I don't think that they are doing pick-ups anymore. What does the Canada Post mail tracking say for your SIM card? 12 days is awfully long, I'd contact a moderator to get a new one sent to you and to ensure that you remain elegible for the promo since you ordered your SIM card before the promo ended.

Private messaging instructions here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

jrniebla

I ordered my SIM in Nov 10th, and haven't received it yet, can I still pick a SIM somewhere in Toronto?

@xxJDxx wrote:

Wait! I take it back!

It took about half an hour but I just got a text message from PM saying the port was successful and it looks like I'm now recieving calls!

Sorry for the premature complaining! Panic sets in when you think you might have to go without recieving calls for an unknown amount of time. 

Good to hear that your porting went smoothly.  Porting is supposed to take up to 2.5 hours for transfering a phone number from one wireless carrier to another.  Anything less than that is considered within the acceptable range.  Also, note that during that half hour it took for the porting process to finish for you, you could have kept using the service from your old carrier and your calls would have ranng there if someone called you.

xxJDxx

Wait! I take it back!

It took about half an hour but I just got a text message from PM saying the port was successful and it looks like I'm now recieving calls!

Sorry for the premature complaining! Panic sets in when you think you might have to go without recieving calls for an unknown amount of time. 

xxJDxx

Took your advice and decided to go ahead with the port. 

What a nightmare!! After restarting, swapping sims, testing, repeat about 5 times now I think I've finally got it mostly working. Seems I can send/recieve texts, and even make calls, but i cannot receive incoming calls! Thats EXACTLY what I was afraid of. I use my phone for work and NEED to be able to recieve calls.

Rockdaddy22
xxJDxx I wouldn't worry about the plan. I would just try the port mysel in self serve. If it fails keep using the old sim, no harm. If you port, just use account number not pin or imei. Check the authorized user box BEFORE clicking anything. Alternate number can be any Canadian number.

cptwonton

@Jeremy_M

I ordered my SIM on Oct. 24th, would that mean I would be excluded from the promo plan or would it be honoured as well? 

xxJDxx

I've activated my PM line but am a bit apprehensive to port my old number over until I know that I'm on the promo plan and wont have to deal with a loss of service if my Port fails. At the same time I'd like to get off of my old carrier so I dont have to continue paying for two lines.  PM'd a MOD though, so I guess its just a waiting game now. 

Rockdaddy22
@maximizeaccount @Jeremy_M doesn't lie if that's what you're asking.

@Kordaek private message a moderator, explaining your mistake, and I'm sure they'll make the adjustment (providing your fall within the Oct 25th to Nov16th timeframe of ordering a SIM card).

As @Rockdaddy22 has been mentioning... this is an account change. There are people out there without service, and they're the priority right now. You have service, your phone is working, it's just you paid too much. Don't send more than one private message to the moderators. They'll get to your message.

Rockdaddy22
You've done the right thing, it's a waiting game.

Kordaek

Jeremy, I wish I'd seen this information prior to activation. 

I activated yesterday but was unable to find the promo plan. Instead, I paid $186 for the 12 gb variant. 

How do I go about having this changed to the promotional plan? I've sent a PM but as yet am still awaiting a response. 

Thanks in advance!

maximizeaccount

Just trying to see if the suggested method has worked for anyone, Did I scream out of my lungs asking WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG?

Rockdaddy22
You guys know people here are waiting with no service? Can't you guys wait a week or 2 for account change issues. Will you use all 6GB that quick. Just my opinion anyway.

dearmusic

@maximizeaccount

Did you? When did you messaged and how long are you still waiting?

Wondering what kind of wait time I am looking at...

Rockdaddy22
Did he just suggest that? Give it a week or 2 for things to clear up here. You'll all get the promo don't worry. Let the mods focus on people with no service, don't you agree?
Need Help? Let's chat.