cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Ordering & SIM Card Payment & Pick-Up Locations

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

UPDATE: VANCOUVER IS OFFICIALLY SOLD OUT.

Hey Community,

There are only 2 more days left for you to take advantage of our 4G/ $40 promotional plan. Since time is short, we are doing a couple of things to help you get your SIM cards prior to the promo ending, and so that we level-set on expectations.

We are temporarily stopping SIM cards shipments.

Unfortunately, you’ll need to come back to order SIM cards next week since we’ve temporarily stopped shipping SIM cards. Why? We thought you’d want to know. It’s simple: any SIM cards that are ordered now will not make it into your hands before the end of our promotion (Sunday, November 20 at 11:59pm) and we don’t want you to get your hopes up and then be disappointed. But do come back and check us out next week – we’d love to have you join us.

We will be setting up SIM card pick-up locations in 3 urban centres.

For people who have not yet received their SIM cards in the mail, or for people who would like to switch at the last minute, we are setting up SIM card pick-up locations.  This is how it will work:

• Those who have not yet ordered a SIM card can purchase a SIM card for $5 each. Credit cards and VISA debit cards are the only accepted payment methods.  No other method of payment will be accepted. All SIM card purchases will be non-refundable.
  • In the spirit of Movember, all proceeds will be donated to the Movember Foundation to address some of the biggest health issues faced by men.
  • If you have ordered a SIM card and have not yet received it, please bring your Shopify order confirmation email to prove your payment (either electronically or printed). Without this confirmation email, you will need to pay for another SIM card.

Who are you looking for? At each location there will be two Public Mobile representatives dressed with a white Public Mobile snapback and orange Public Mobile cape. Yes, that’s right- a cape. 

What time will the reps be available? Reps will be available Friday November 18th and Saturday November 19th from 11am - 7 pm local time. 

How many SIM cards can I purchase? There will be a limit of 2 SIM cards per person

Please note:  There are limited quantities of SIM cards at each location and we will be spreading out our supplies across the two days. 

Where can you pick-up SIM cards?

Toronto

Outside of the TELUS Tower

25 York Street

Toronto Ontario

M5J 2V5

Vancouver -- SOLD OUT FOR NOVEMBER 18 & NOVEMBER 19 

On the corner of Richards St and West Georgia

Vancouver British Columbia

Montreal

North of the TELUS Tower

Corner of René-Lévesque Boulevard and Union Avenue

Montreal Quebec

H3B 3C1

Last but not least, if you do have any Public Mobile SIM cards that you are not planning on using before the promotion is done, be kind! Let friends, family or Community members know, so that they can also take advantage of the great deal. We appreciate you lending a hand! 

-Public Mobile Community team

277 REPLIES 277

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Doyle you should've picked the 6GB $120 plan. It would've been a lot easier for them to adjust. That's what @Jeremy_M suggested.

Rockdaddy22
What's the problem @bsaeed

bluerage
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
It really isn't necessary to message every mod. No matter who you message it goes into one pool where all the mods can see. All you're doing is creating more chaos/confusion. Also Dave posted an update that they are currently 12 days behind on addressing peoples issues. Please be patient and give them at least a week to address your issue.

bsaeed
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have sent private messages to @Mary_M@Jeremy_M@Saray_O and @Shazia_K on Monday regarding the 4G promotion plan (bought SIM card during the promotion period and activated it on Monday) and I'm still waiting on a reply from one of them. 

I also sent messages to Public Mobile accounts on Twitter and Facebook and sent an email to the customer services, but no response so far.

Can someone tell us the waiting time to get response from public mobile?

orangearmy
I'm also waiting on a reply from either Jeremy or Mary.. Both mods were PM'd over a wk ago.

CarolLi

Hi Jeremy,

I have sent you two private messages last Wednesday and Thursday regarding the 4G promotion plan. Just wondering do I have to wait further. What's the waiting time to get response from public mobile?

Thanks,

Carol

Doyle

I picked the promo package with 12 GB that was selling for $180 plus tax when the server came back online that night and requested a refund for the difference

Rockdaddy22
Read a few threads lol Most people input the wrong info and get a failed port. I've thankfully never experienced one, I input the CORRECT account number and name and it's all good :). The alternate number section is any number really, a friend or family anything.

pikachiu132

What is the issue with porting that everyone is experiencing?

Rockdaddy22
You should definitely attempt the port yourself, your wasting money. It is self serve after all.
You need to pick the
90day
6GB
prov talk
Global txt
Get a mod to change it later.
Of course there's always a chance of s failed port, so be prepared. Just input the correct account number and nam and you should be good.

pikachiu132

So I got a SIM card during the promo period, but didn't activate until last week and pm'd Mod on Friday. Still no response. 

I'm seeing a lot of issues with porting phone numbers etc. Is it safe for me to port over my phone number and use PM, until I get a response from them and still get the promo plan? I'm paying two carriers until I officially switch!

Thoughts?

Rockdaddy22
No it doesn't apply, they should be able to tell if you attempted activation with that sim. I definitely understand your issue 😞

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Rockdaddy22 Problem is there no way to prove this unless you made it far enough into the process.  I was hoping to get a yeah or nay from the PM I sent on Monday but no response yet. Not going to try to activate this sim now unless I know I can get on that plan. I totally get that trying to do an activation during the last hour or the promo isn't very smart but I only got the sim hours before. It's not a sim ordered during the promo period, but before it, so the official exception doesn't seem to apply.

Rockdaddy22
You should be fine considering you had activation issues.

Doyle

same here also opened a support ticket and supplied a screenshot when the server was down

Jonavin

@orangearmy Same thing with me but I am not confident thye will do anything because we are outside of their official rules for late registration. Even if technical issues prevented us from registering, without an order code, we're outside the late registration parameters.

orangearmy

I picked up my SIM from the Toronto pkup location on Nov-19.  Activation failed on Sunday the 20th.  Emailed mods and waiting for a response.

Rockdaddy22
No those had to be activated on or before the 20th

Mana
Mayor / Maire
OK thanks.

But what about those sims that some people picked up in person on November 20. If those haven't been activated, do they still qualify for the promo?

Rockdaddy22
It's really pretty simple. If you ordered your SIM between October 25th and November 16th your good.

Rockdaddy22
The last day you could buy one was the 16th, that's why the 16th lol

Mana
Mayor / Maire
Thanks so much again for your response.
Regarding the above post about November 16 cut off date, I thought the promo date was extended to November 20.
Will the sim cards bought up to and including on November 20 not qualify for the promo?

Please kindly clarify.

Thanks again.

Rockdaddy22
Maybe activate now or whenever, with a new number, make sure everything works, then attempt the port next week or something.

Rockdaddy22
Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve.

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

Mana
Mayor / Maire
Yes, I plan on posting my number.

I don't have an issue waiting a bit for activation but if I wait another week or so,would PM still honour the promo?

I am just afraid that they might say that since it's been a few days after the promo end date it's not possible to get the promo, even though the sim was bought during the promo period.

Rockdaddy22
If your not porting a number I'd go ahead and do it now, what's the harm. You could always wait a few weeks to get the plan changed, unless you plan on using 6GB before then.

Mana
Mayor / Maire
Thank you for your response.

I don't mind waiting till Tuesday to sign up to help not adding to the backlog.

Just wanted to make sure that I won't be denied the promo since I have activated the sim card yet. The sim card was bought during the promo period.

Thank you for your help.

Jonavin

@Mana you are elligible. Sign up under the $120 90 days, provincial calling, global texting, 6GZb plan and then PM a mod with your sim order number.

As for timing, iI would wait until Tuesday? No other reason other than that being the first business day after the weekend catch up on Monday.

Mana
Mayor / Maire
Hi,

I am very new to PM so I apologize if I am asking a stupid question.
I have read many posts but I am not sure what exactly to do to resolve my issue.

I bought a PM SIM during the promo period but due to mail delays it arrived just today. Now when I try activating it, I don't see the promo anymore.

I noticed that some ppl activated under the current 6gb $40 plan and are asking mods to switch it to promo and I noticed that some people don't have any service due to these kind of issues.

I also noticed that mods are extremely busy and working very haed to resolve all issues.

My questions are:
1. Am I still eligible for the promo? Since I did buy the sim during the promo peroid.

2. should I just wait for the backlog to clear up and then before activation contact a mod for the promo code or should I just go ahead and activate under the current plan, just like other people and then ask for switching to promo?

I just don't wanna end up with no service or pay for two carriers.

Please kindly let me know. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

orangearmy
PM'd mods on Monday.. still no reply. 😞
Need Help? Let's chat.