cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Ordering & SIM Card Payment & Pick-Up Locations

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

UPDATE: VANCOUVER IS OFFICIALLY SOLD OUT.

Hey Community,

There are only 2 more days left for you to take advantage of our 4G/ $40 promotional plan. Since time is short, we are doing a couple of things to help you get your SIM cards prior to the promo ending, and so that we level-set on expectations.

We are temporarily stopping SIM cards shipments.

Unfortunately, you’ll need to come back to order SIM cards next week since we’ve temporarily stopped shipping SIM cards. Why? We thought you’d want to know. It’s simple: any SIM cards that are ordered now will not make it into your hands before the end of our promotion (Sunday, November 20 at 11:59pm) and we don’t want you to get your hopes up and then be disappointed. But do come back and check us out next week – we’d love to have you join us.

We will be setting up SIM card pick-up locations in 3 urban centres.

For people who have not yet received their SIM cards in the mail, or for people who would like to switch at the last minute, we are setting up SIM card pick-up locations.  This is how it will work:

• Those who have not yet ordered a SIM card can purchase a SIM card for $5 each. Credit cards and VISA debit cards are the only accepted payment methods.  No other method of payment will be accepted. All SIM card purchases will be non-refundable.
  • In the spirit of Movember, all proceeds will be donated to the Movember Foundation to address some of the biggest health issues faced by men.
  • If you have ordered a SIM card and have not yet received it, please bring your Shopify order confirmation email to prove your payment (either electronically or printed). Without this confirmation email, you will need to pay for another SIM card.

Who are you looking for? At each location there will be two Public Mobile representatives dressed with a white Public Mobile snapback and orange Public Mobile cape. Yes, that’s right- a cape. 

What time will the reps be available? Reps will be available Friday November 18th and Saturday November 19th from 11am - 7 pm local time. 

How many SIM cards can I purchase? There will be a limit of 2 SIM cards per person

Please note:  There are limited quantities of SIM cards at each location and we will be spreading out our supplies across the two days. 

Where can you pick-up SIM cards?

Toronto

Outside of the TELUS Tower

25 York Street

Toronto Ontario

M5J 2V5

Vancouver -- SOLD OUT FOR NOVEMBER 18 & NOVEMBER 19 

On the corner of Richards St and West Georgia

Vancouver British Columbia

Montreal

North of the TELUS Tower

Corner of René-Lévesque Boulevard and Union Avenue

Montreal Quebec

H3B 3C1

Last but not least, if you do have any Public Mobile SIM cards that you are not planning on using before the promotion is done, be kind! Let friends, family or Community members know, so that they can also take advantage of the great deal. We appreciate you lending a hand! 

-Public Mobile Community team

277 REPLIES 277

Tommyd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Ptopiwala

I sent you a private message, please check when you have time 😉 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Ptopiwala
Anyone still waiting for their SIM card in the mail? I ordered nov 7th and have received nothing. I messaged a mod a week later and no reply. What's happening?!

pikachiu132

I happened to check. I didn't get a notification that my private message was answered (shouldn't I though?)

I did a text message on my phone that my auto rewards $6 was loaded. 

bluerage
Just curious if you just happened to check or if you were contacted after it was changed.

pikachiu132

JUST as I was typing this - @Jeremy_M was changing my plan. Good news story all. 

pikachiu132

Anyone have Mods replying to you recently and had the promo plan activated?

I messaged them 2 weeks ago, and still no response, depsite the 12 day latency. 

I'm officially on PM now, but on the 6GB plan. I guess i'd like to know either way if I'm getting this promo plan, cuz then I'll switch to the 12GB plan!

@ritatmariam if its defective a mod will mail a replacement to you 

Only issue is the waiting Cat Wink

Tommyd
i agree order a new one, its only $5

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I'd order a new one and try and get a refund later.

ritatmariam

I have a defective SIM card, am I supposed to order a new one or public mobile will give me a new one?

Rockdaddy22
The mods should be able to switch them over no problem, if they had issues choosing the 12GB before the 20th.
I don't think bluerage was you referring to you mana 🙂

Mana
Mayor / Maire
I am sorry, I am not complaining, just asking clarification on some questions that a few people have.

So if you had future dated the promo due to issues with selecting the promo and the future date is at the end of the 90 day cycle, would the mod simply switch it to promo now without having you pay another $120 for the promo or will you lose the balance that you have paid for the current plan and will have to pay $120 for the promo?

bluerage

I'm wondering if half the problems are due to user error. I ported 4 times over the duration of the promo(including after the promo was over) without a single issue. Obviously my last port is the 6gb option. Now I just have to wait until the mods clear up the back log and move me to the 12gb promo.
For those of you in the same situation you have to RELAX. You'll get moved over eventually. All your bitching and paranoia is just creating chaos and delay for the mods. Let them deal with the accounts with service issues. Most of us shouldn't have any issues with 6gb for a few weeks.

Rockdaddy22
It kinda makes sense. Some users chose the wrong plan by accident before the 20th, so they chose to future date themselves. They could do it themselves before the 20th. Now you can't of course.

Mana
Mayor / Maire
Oh OK. I heard otherwise that some new user couldn't pick the promo a after Nov 18 but were able to select it under future plan change. Does that make sense.

Rockdaddy22
If it was before the 20th they should've been able to.

Mana
Mayor / Maire
I was just asking when the issue was happening and some people were not able to select the promo, as a workaround was it possible to select it as a future plan date (future dated plan)?

Rockdaddy22
Yes, you should choose the 6GB plan that's $120 and they'll bump it up to 12GB later.

Rockdaddy22
Not sure I understand @Mana

Mana
Mayor / Maire
I also thought when the issue was happening the workaround was to just select the 6gb plan and then future date the promo plan because the promo was available as a future date selection.

Is that not true?

Rockdaddy22
Ok, so you had an error when activating. That makes more sense, they'll be able to fix you up, you'll just have to be patient.

Doyle

well, yes they were and as mentioned I had doucumented the server error messages with dated screenshots;

@ Mana no I have not heard from support yet

Rockdaddy22
@Doyle as far as I know the server was never down for new sign ups. People were signing up right until midnight if I remember correctly.

Rockdaddy22
@bsaeed just be patient, they'll get to you. Unless you're almost out of your 6GB I wouldn't worry to much about it. They're extremely busy dealing with service issues at the moment.

Mana
Mayor / Maire
So did you end up signing up after Nov 20?
Did they refund and change your plan to promo yet?

Doyle

well yes that was my intent; without the server down I could have signed up for the promo plan but the server was down until after the promo had ended and the promo plan was not on the site anymore;  since I did not get any guidance how to deal with this situation I decided to sign up for the 12 GB plan trusting that I will be manually switched to the promo plan and get a refund.

Mana
Mayor / Maire
Hi,

Instead of asking for a refund shouldn't you have asked to be switches to the promo so that you have the promo for good? Refund is just a one time thing.

Doyle

Hi Rockdaddy22

Unfortunatley this was posted after I had reported the server error and so I went ahead signing up for the promo plan of 12 GB and requesting a refund for the difference

Cheers

bsaeed
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
@Rockdaddy22 i have purchased my SIM card in the promo period and followed the instructions that Jeremy_m posted to activate my line. I have sent msgs to mods to honor me the promo but I got no response. Can you assist me with this?
Need Help? Let's chat.