cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Cards are now available on our website

Moid_I
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Great news! Public Mobile SIM cards are now available for order on our website. Even though we are continuing to operate in BETA (which means we’re still testing and working out a few kinks), customers do not have to wait for an exclusive invitation to join Public Mobile. We’re now open to everyone!

So go ahead and let your friends know. Plus you can earn Refer-a-Friend Rewards if you are on a rewards eligible plan.

Just a few things to note:

• SIM cards are shipped within Canada only
  • 1 SIM card per order
  • Our Triple Punch SIM cards have all 3 sizes (Standard, Micro and Nano) in one card! All you need to do is “punch-out” the size you need for your phone.

Tri Punch.png

• Now, you can get a SIM card the next day with Next Day Shipping option. Obviously this will depend on what time you place your order.
  • When you are ordering a SIM card for the first time, you will be prompted to create a new account. This account is not associated with your Self Serve or Community accounts and can only be used to for placing online SIM card orders

Order your Public Mobile Triple Punch SIM Card today!

*If you have one of our older cards (individual Standard, Micro and Nano cards), don’t worry, they still work. But single cards will no longer be available to order from our website.

56 REPLIES 56

Umair
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yes i got both emails but didnot receive my sim after 8 business days.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @Umair, it can take upto 7 business days.  

Did you receive order confirmation when you placed the order for a sim card?  

You get two emails.  One immediately when you place an order and then one when the sim card is shipped.

Umair

I ordered my SIM last week but i didnot receive that . why?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

The answer is "yes".

Changing a phone or SIM card in no way affects your plan. Remember to enter its number in " Change SIM Card" in your self-serve account.

Cheers.

asa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a question:  I have a public mobile phone that used standard SIM card, May I  apply the triple punch SIM card to activate it and keep my old plan? because I want to buy a new phone that used Micro SIM card.

Thanks

@Anvesha Yes just order it from the PM web site with an email address DIFFERENT from you PM account address. Your current phone number is not affected by the order. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anvesha

I am still
​ currently​
with Public Mobile and on the website it shows that the
​​
Triple Punch SIM Card is available?
Is it possible for me to get one as an existing customer?
​ And keep my phone number the same? ​

srlawren

Thanks @Luddite!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

PM and Koodo are related to Telus and it seems account creation sometimes has glitches when email addresses are not unique to each provider. Once the port is complete you can change the PM address back to the one you prefer. This is the procedure I used moving from Telus and there were no issues.

I forwarded my Telus number to the PM number for the transition and ignored texts for 2 days. Only alternative is two phones during the 'stability' test period.

srlawren

Thanks, @Luddite, for the advice! I'm pretty tempted to port the number right away, just becasue i don't want to give peopele a temporary number and so on.  It's too bad you can't "call-froward" texts like you can calls, or I could quite easily live for a few days with both accounts active, with calls and texts forwarded to the temporary number. 

I'm curious why you mention using a different email address? 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren To ease your transition I suggest using a different email address from your Telus account when setting up your PM account. You may also find it less stressful for get a new phone number intially until you are sure everything is running smoothly. Once you've joined PM you can port your old Telus # whenever you wish from your self serve account. Don't cancel your Telus account until the port in of that number is complete.

Welcome to PM.

srlawren

Another newbie, here.  I orderd my card last Thursday, hope to receive it in the next few days.  I'll be moving my phone over from parent Telus down to PM, saving $20/month + taxes, and getting more (Unlimited Canada-wide vs 200 local minutes, 4gb data vs 3gb). 

That's great @David_J

David_J
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

I have updated the link in Moid's original post.

@mbilalbutt,

Public Mobile is owned by Telus. They use the same network...

Answer: Absolutely

Reception is Terrific

mbilalbutt

Just ordered my sim card! Yay! Excited! Never been with PM before, hope the coverage and reception is the same as Telus. 🙂

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Thank you for sharing that. I hope others benefit from it.

Cheers.

deannamarie
I usually Google public mobile and go to the link, on Google Chrome. It works every time (: !

I just checked that Link, and yes, Link does not take us to the shopify page

imm1304

Thats strange.  I used chrome from my phone just a minute ago and did not get any errors.  I was able to place order and get confirmation email immediately.  If this isnt working for you, try ordering form a computer.  Good luck 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

I use Chrome as my phone's browser. I just cleared cache and history, and ran my junk, malware, and residual file cleaner. I still encountered the same results, namely, a pink coloured error page pertaining to authorization.

Just went through the mobile web page with Safari on mt iPod. Everything clicked through correctly all the way to set up your account.

Stopped there because already ordered one. Robot Very Happy

Martin
Legend
Legend
Moid,

Using my Moto G phone, I clicked Order in blue-coloured lettering. It led to an error page. The hyperlink requires updating.

FYI.

This is wonderful for newcomers to Public Mobile.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Yippee Kai Yay

Tri-Sims All the Way

Hooray

Need Help? Let's chat.