cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Cards are now available on our website

Moid_I
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Great news! Public Mobile SIM cards are now available for order on our website. Even though we are continuing to operate in BETA (which means we’re still testing and working out a few kinks), customers do not have to wait for an exclusive invitation to join Public Mobile. We’re now open to everyone!

So go ahead and let your friends know. Plus you can earn Refer-a-Friend Rewards if you are on a rewards eligible plan.

Just a few things to note:

• SIM cards are shipped within Canada only
  • 1 SIM card per order
  • Our Triple Punch SIM cards have all 3 sizes (Standard, Micro and Nano) in one card! All you need to do is “punch-out” the size you need for your phone.

Tri Punch.png

• Now, you can get a SIM card the next day with Next Day Shipping option. Obviously this will depend on what time you place your order.
  • When you are ordering a SIM card for the first time, you will be prompted to create a new account. This account is not associated with your Self Serve or Community accounts and can only be used to for placing online SIM card orders

Order your Public Mobile Triple Punch SIM Card today!

*If you have one of our older cards (individual Standard, Micro and Nano cards), don’t worry, they still work. But single cards will no longer be available to order from our website.

56 REPLIES 56

@errational Think you're stuck with a repair or acquiring a new phone.

Unless, you accidently removed the nano portion and left the micro frame behind. The tri-sim has three parts: nano, micro, normal.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

errational
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Luddite Thanks for the reply, unfortunately it's not really the height, but the length that's the concern. Comparing to my old Fido SIM i can see the gold contacts don't extend quite as far along the length of the PM SIM. I've only had about 4 hours of service in 2 days because of this issue (not really PM's fault though!)

@errational Sometimes one or two layers of scotch tape on the back (not the gold side) of the SIM creates enough pressure to make contact. 

PM only supplies the tri-SIM now.

errational

Are there absolutely no single-sized SIMs left? The SIM slot on my phone is busted and the multi-sized SIM contacts don't quite reach the broken contact on the SIM slot. 😞

Basically I'm looking for a micro SIM that's not in a three-size SIM pack.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jchlo, from me?  Yes, free.. PM gives us Oracles a few to help speed things up when possible. 

jchlo
Is it free?

imm1304

@av_ace11, it should not have taken this long.  Send your order number to @Shazia_K via a private message.  

If you are in Toronto and need a sim card today, inbox me and we can arrange for a pickup.  

av_ace11
Hi

I orderred a sim card on 11th October and it still hasnt arrived and i haven't gotten a reply to my emails either.

I am changing address now on 1st November so i would really appreciate if you can please resend me a sim to my new address free of charge.

Thanks

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@srlawren, Welcome to Public Mobile. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

FYI: Please check with MasterCard to see if you were charged for the failed transactions.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

It's great to read that the porting has been done.

Now, I can unequivocally say, "Welcome to Public Mobile."

Enjoy!

srlawren

Update: Ported!  (from Telus postpaid).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

Thanks, @Martin.  I ended up breaking down and buying vouchers tonight at a Shell station (I needed gas anyway!) and now appear to have phone, text, and data all working on my temporary new number. I guess next step is the port, which I will start shortly after a couple more tests.

I still need to find out from PM what went wrong with my credit cards, since I'd like to set up auto-pay before my next renewal date (90 days away, so I have some time) for the reward and convenience.  At least now I'm not in a panic to hear from them.

Cheers!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

I hope that your problem with be resolved quickly. I trust that you were not charged for failed transactions.

Cheers!

srlawren

Hi @Martin - yes I understand that the $10 and 10 days will go away, and I'm totally fine with that.  I was trying to add the full $140 + tax (the system adds the tax automatically), but could not get it to process the payment.  I'm hoping to hear back soon so I can start enjoying PM!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Considering that all plans are prepaid and there is no proration of unused days, I hope that, when you attempted to pay for the 90-day plan, you did not try to deduct $10, being the cost of the 10-day plan, from it.

Due to multiple attempts to use your cards without success, you should contact MasterCard to see if any transactions were successful, notwithstanding the error messages that you received.

Though I wish the circumstances were better, welcome to Public Mobile!

srlawren

Hi @Jeremy_M, I did finally receive my second SIM today!  It shipped two calendar weeks ago, and finally made it to my mailbox sometime today.

I activated it using the $10, 10-day text-only on a new phone number option as @Luddite has suggested before, and that initial payment went through fine, the phone accepted the SIM, and I was able to succesfully text.  Okay great!  However, I then went to change to my actual desired 90-day/Provice talk/Canada text/6gb plan, and that's where it all fell apart.  

Basically every attempt (I made several, on two different mastercards, including the one that succesfully made the initial $10 payment) to top up my funds enough to change my plan failed, saying it was unable to verify my credit card info.  I have sent a support email a short while ago, but thought I'd update you here, too.  Anything you can do to help would be appreciated, as I'm rather stuck at the moment.

Thanks!

Scott

@Martin wrote:
Hello,

I believe that, for every X number of negative posts, there should be at least 1 positive one. If not, would-be customers will soon think of Public Mobile and mistakes as synonymous.

With regard to ordering SIM cards, I have done so on 3 occasions to test the system. In each case, I received the card on the 3rd business day, and I live in a mid-sized Ontario city.

FYI.

@Martin Even without positive posts I think we should take heart from the LACK of problem posts. After all, I figure PM is processing at least 5,000 renewals every day and, perhaps, 50 new customers. New customers clearly have higher probability of account activation errors, but while annoying they are  being managed reasonably well. Suspect the bugs are hard to find because they only affect a small fraction of renewals and activations.

The power of positive thinking shall prevail; or the brainwashing was effective.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

I believe that, for every X number of negative posts, there should be at least 1 positive one. If not, would-be customers will soon think of Public Mobile and mistakes as synonymous.

With regard to ordering SIM cards, I have done so on 3 occasions to test the system. In each case, I received the card on the 3rd business day, and I live in a mid-sized Ontario city.

FYI.

srlawren

Thanks @Jeremy_M, wow, I would not have expected that.  Okay I'll keep checking my home box for a few more days.  Wish me luck, and thanks for investigating. 

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@srlawren

I took a look at the order # you mentioned in your previous post, I see that one of the orders were returned  as undeliverable  (moved/unknown), Hopefully you will receive the other order soon. Please advise the community once you receive your second order. If you don't receive it, try placing another order and try mailing the SIM to a family member or friend.

Cheers:)

srlawren

Or, maybe one of your competitors is paying them to "lose" a bunch of SIMs to keep their chrun rates and ARPU in check!  😉 Robot Frustrated

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@srlawren

Glad to assist! Sometimes it can be an issue with Post Canada as well. Maybe their annoyed with all the SIM cards going out...lol

I'll keep you updated 🙂

srlawren

Hi @Jeremy_M,

Thanks for your reply.  I did check over the address both times before placing the order, and I just looked at the order confirmation emails for both orders and they are both correct.  Very odd indeed.  I haven't checked my home mailbox yet but as of Friday evening there was still no SIM from either order (I've completely given up on the original one of course, but still have a faint hope the second may arrive today or tomorrow).

I can't imagine there's much you'd be able to do as once it leaves your hands it's with Canada Post, but I do appreciate your reply regardless.  🙂

Thanks,
Scott

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@srlawren

Thanks for pointing this out! We will definitely take a look into this and see why you haven't received your SIM cards. By any chance did you verify your mailing address in Shopify?

Cheers!

imm1304

Hey @srlawren, it does seem odd..  not receiving free sim by mail hasn't been reported much as a problem.  Sucks that it happened to you twice in a row.  Anyone near you who has an extra sim could help you out.. ask within your friends circle.   

@srlawren @charlie_young @Umair Ordered Tuesday, Shipped Wednesday, arrived Friday/today. I live in Mississauga.

Man, the other "Robers" must be making a mint charging $5-10/SIM if PM can mail them out for no charge! I'm laughing all the way to the bank; of course saving $5 is just the tip of the iceberg that is my frugality. Can frugality be large??? Smiley LOL

srlawren

@imm1304 wrote:

There is a slight chance that your sim got lost in the mail. 

This appears to have now happened to me twice

I orderd my first one (order #25433) on August 27, and it shipped on the 28th.  This one was sent to my office, where I have received lots of stuff.  It never arrived.

I ordered my second one (order #30134) on Tuesday Sept 15th, addressed to my home, and it shipped later the same day.  So far it has not arrived either.  Yesterday was the 7th business day after it shipped, and my mailbox was empty last night.  I've received other mail since the order shipped, but not my SIM.

I'd have to say, I'd have been a customer a lot quicker had these been available through a retail partner of some kind.  I guess I should have paid the $20 for the express shipping, but it didn't seem necessary.  I work and live in suburbs of Vancouver BC,so it's not like I'm in the styx or anything.  Very odd, have not experienced lost mail in the past to the best of my recollection.

Anyway, maybe it will show up at home today.  I'll check tonight. 

charlie_young
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

good 2 know

imm1304

It also depends on Canadapost.  People in and around Toronto seem to receive the sim cards sooner as I believe they are being mailed from Toronto.  There is a slight chance that your sim got lost in the mail. 

You should order another one right now as @Mansi_G suggested... and if both arrive then you can keep one as a backup or give it away to friends/family.. may even collect referral reward.  

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @Umair - If you haven't received the SIM by today, I suggest you submit another order. Although I can check the status of your order which shows fulfilled, I am unable to track it.

Need Help? Let's chat.