Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] System issue expired select customers' services

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

17:00 PM ET - April 23, 2019

Today we identified a technical issue affecting select customers where plans were mistakenly renewed prior to the plan renewal date, resulting in loss of service for some customers.

Our technical team has investigated the issue and is restoring service in batches for those affected. By 9:00 PM ET, all services should resume. Customers impacted by this issue will receive an SMS in the coming days.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

14:00 PM ET - April 23, 2019

Hey Community,

Today we identified a technical issue affecting select customers where plans were mistakenly renewed prior to the plan renewal date, resulting in loss of service for some customers.

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

202 REPLIES 202

sarahcanada
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My mother's phone has also been disabled for a few days, no way of calling out. I've sent a private message to the moderators and have not heard back. People depend on these phone lines, this is ridiculous 

cstroud

Its now the 26th and the issues seems to be on-going. Could you please provide an update?

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@rideaway wrote:

Yes the support is rediculous. They just completley ignore me after 2 days. I can't work with a company that won't even respond.

It is definitely frustrating. Something has gone wrong with their system in the backend and they are working hard to respond to the huge volume of tickets they are receiving.

I hope you get resolved quickly, but the lack of "human" CSR's, keeps the price down significantly. To get that extra support level, you could be paying 2-3 times as much for your service. It's all relative.

I do hope you get resolved, and they get their services running MUCH better soon.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Baloopink wrote:

My phone stop working again this morning what is going on

If you haven't already, contact the moderators for assistance.

write a message here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437.

rideaway
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes the support is rediculous. They just completley ignore me after 2 days. I can't work with a company that won't even respond.

Baloopink

My phone stop working again this morning what is going on

Baloopink

Why is my phone not working again keep saying my account suspended when I freaking paid the bill

Baloopink

Hi my phone is down again on Thursday april25 since early morning

Kjbc12

I still have no service and haven’t since yesterday 

steering

"Our support is all online so that we can save you money and because no one enjoys waiting on hold." - Ha! I've been on hold for days with no reply! That slogan is full of crap. I dont mind a user group to solve issues that can be solved but when there is a legit problem only you can fix - deal with it. I wont be here much longer if no one responds to me!!! ugh   @Moderator_Team 

Vixavius

Unfortunately my issues haven't been as easy as just adding funds to resolve the issue. I'm not able to add funds through any means to restore my "expired" autoplay plan.

24 hrs+ with no service, woo.

nabil114

Contact the moderator

SPG

My service is not restored. How do you know if you are one of the customers affected by this technical problem; for more than one week!

Marzipan

@sampson189 wrote:

This is a joke to you because you are not affected.  Wait unitl you got an outage too.

You missed my post stating how I was affected. I resolved mine by transferring funds into my account as suggested by other posters.

Keep in mind that you agreed to the Terms of Service. Suggest you flip through them before taking any action.

sampson189

You are lucky.  I have problem with them from the beginning.  Auto Pay failed without warning.  Accont need to re-enable... etc....  

@sampson189 wrote:

Outage since last week and no reply for many days is not a joke?  I am not sure what you expect as a customer.

Because I was here during the last 2 big bugs..I know what I can expect as a customer...and I don't have any problem with that. My phone is not my life...and I am happy with public mobile anyway.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sampson189 wrote:

Almost 2 years.  I am going to post this story online.  Hopefully people will stay away from them

I've been here almost a year with no problem. Some regulars here have been here since at least 2016 with nary a problem.

Have you gone all your 2 years without a problem?

I was warned away from this place for the support model but not having any problem and really from the previous provider I rarely needed their help anyway.

sampson189

Outage since last week and no reply for many days is not a joke?  I am not sure what you expect as a customer.

sampson189

This is a joke to you because you are not affected.  Wait unitl you got an outage too.

sampson189

Almost 2 years.  I am going to post this story online.  Hopefully people will stay away from them

@sampson189 wrote:

Hi,
I message them twice too.  NO Reply.  I went to their outlet in Mississauga.  They told me just message Public Mobile and wait and wish me luck.  Lot of people complaint to them but their is nothing they can do.  Public Mobile is a joke.  I am going to swtich to others provider. 

It's not a joke..it's how it works here...and you are free to switch for another company.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sampson189 wrote:

Hi,
I message them twice too.  NO Reply.  I went to their outlet in Mississauga.  They told me just message Public Mobile and wait and wish me luck.  Lot of people complaint to them but their is nothing they can do.  Public Mobile is a joke.  I am going to swtich to others provider. 

@sampson189 

How long have you been with Public Mobile?

sampson189

Hi,

@Paquirri wrote:

Hello,

The issue was solved last night (April 23, 2019); however, my plan expired again today April 24, 2019. So, I don't have service again. My due date is May 15, 2019. Could you please help me to activate my phone service again. I really appreciate your help, my phone number is my only way to communicate.

Thank you

Oh no!!! We can't do anything here we are customers like you...write a message here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437. And good luck...finally with a phone OK.

Paquirri

Hello,

The issue was solved last night (April 23, 2019); however, my plan expired again today April 24, 2019. So, I don't have service again. My due date is May 15, 2019. Could you please help me to activate my phone service again. I really appreciate your help, my phone number is my only way to communicate.

Thank you

Metal1967

@rvalela2001 wrote:

My husband msged twice yest and nobody has responded yet 

@rvalela2001 

Unfortunately...responce times can be days...especially when things like this happen.....

Pizzaeh

@rvalela2001 wrote:

There was an issue the past few days, so the moderators have been swamped.  They're answering the queue of messages, so they will eventually respond; no need to send multiple messages.  

In your first post earlier today, you should remove your phone # and email address for your privacy.  

rvalela2001

Pizzaeh

@rvalela2001 wrote:

My phone still isn’t working. This is very stressful cause nobody is helping me or contacting me about this. I am on day two of no service. I rely on my phone for work too. Can someone please help me? 

Hi @rvalela2001 , we're customers like you and we don't have access to your account details.  For assistance you need to send a private message to the moderators.   For your privacy, please remove your personal information - this is a public forum open to anyone with an internet connection.  

rvalela2001

My phone still isn’t working. This is very stressful cause nobody is helping me or contacting me about this. I am on day two of no service. I rely on my phone for work too. Can someone please help me? 

Need Help? Let's chat.