cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] Statement Indicates Koodo

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: We are pleased to report the CC Statement lists Koodo issue is fixed. In addition, our team is also finalizing a resolution for the Welcome to Koodo SMS issue. Customers may experience this SMS upon resolution completion. 

Thank you!

- Public Mobile Team

---------

Hey Community,

We’re writing this update to let you know that our technical team is working on a fix for two ongoing issues that have frequently been spotted in the Community. Thank you all for flagging these issues to us and keeping us on the ball. See below for details:

Welcome to Koodo SMS: We are aware that some customers have received a welcome SMS upon activation of their services, however the SMS states Koodo instead of Public Mobile. 

CC Statement lists Koodo: Similarly to the SMS, some customers have seen Koodo listed on their credit card statements, instead of Public Mobile. It’s our understanding that the issue occurs on the first payment cycle and changes to "Public Mobile" on subsequent statements to follow.    

Note: Payments and service should not be affected, the only impact is “cosmetic”.Our team is actively working on a solution and we look forward to returning with an update, once the issue is resolved. 

Thank you, 

- Public Mobile Team 

27 REPLIES 27

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

This is great news. This will prevent any further nasty surprises to those that thought their credit cards were compromised.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

chainsawcowboy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I can see how this could of tripped up folks. I am happy to hear the confusion in billing charges has been cleared up. Great job public mobile.

KD3625
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is technically a sister company and wouldn’t be so surprised if they are internally drawing a customers to one to another!

HI @KD3625   gladly issue is now resolved and this won't happen again, hopefully  🙂

yox1923
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I reported the Koodo charge to the CC company and they closed the CC and issued me a new one because they thought my CC was compromised. This also cost me about $50 to get my new CC set up and the monthly charges that didn't go through cost me extra money because my auto payment was deactivated and I didn't know this until after i got a notice from the new credit card that my account wasn't paid by the due date.  Is Public Mobile gonna reimburse me for these charges. 

Public Mobile also closed my wifes account because the Koodo charges were cancelled. It took me about two days on here trying to get  a PM CSA to allow me to have my account reinstated so I didn't need to buy over priced vouchers for the next year to pay her account. It cost me too much money for Public Mobiles screw up. 

dust2dust
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

With you on the first sentence, unfortunately.

The second sentence is very confusing. I don't understand who's charging what where.

But about all you can is ask the support people. I rather doubt it though.

@yox1923   Open a ticket with PM Support first.   Keep the ticket number for your reference

And since this is an extreme case that a Koodo confusion did not just cause interruption of the phone service but also caused other lost for OP,  I hope Community Manager @J_PM can step in and assist

To open ticket with PM Support:

1. If you have access to My account: Click on the bubble on the lower right or https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there