cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] Statement Indicates Koodo

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: We are pleased to report the CC Statement lists Koodo issue is fixed. In addition, our team is also finalizing a resolution for the Welcome to Koodo SMS issue. Customers may experience this SMS upon resolution completion. 

Thank you!

- Public Mobile Team

---------

Hey Community,

We’re writing this update to let you know that our technical team is working on a fix for two ongoing issues that have frequently been spotted in the Community. Thank you all for flagging these issues to us and keeping us on the ball. See below for details:

Welcome to Koodo SMS: We are aware that some customers have received a welcome SMS upon activation of their services, however the SMS states Koodo instead of Public Mobile. 

CC Statement lists Koodo: Similarly to the SMS, some customers have seen Koodo listed on their credit card statements, instead of Public Mobile. It’s our understanding that the issue occurs on the first payment cycle and changes to "Public Mobile" on subsequent statements to follow.    

Note: Payments and service should not be affected, the only impact is “cosmetic”.Our team is actively working on a solution and we look forward to returning with an update, once the issue is resolved. 

Thank you, 

- Public Mobile Team 

27 REPLIES 27

@yox1923   Open a ticket with PM Support first.   Keep the ticket number for your reference

And since this is an extreme case that a Koodo confusion did not just cause interruption of the phone service but also caused other lost for OP,  I hope Community Manager @J_PM can step in and assist

To open ticket with PM Support:

1. If you have access to My account: Click on the bubble on the lower right or https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

With you on the first sentence, unfortunately.

The second sentence is very confusing. I don't understand who's charging what where.

But about all you can is ask the support people. I rather doubt it though.

yox1923
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I reported the Koodo charge to the CC company and they closed the CC and issued me a new one because they thought my CC was compromised. This also cost me about $50 to get my new CC set up and the monthly charges that didn't go through cost me extra money because my auto payment was deactivated and I didn't know this until after i got a notice from the new credit card that my account wasn't paid by the due date.  Is Public Mobile gonna reimburse me for these charges. 

Public Mobile also closed my wifes account because the Koodo charges were cancelled. It took me about two days on here trying to get  a PM CSA to allow me to have my account reinstated so I didn't need to buy over priced vouchers for the next year to pay her account. It cost me too much money for Public Mobiles screw up. 

HI @KD3625   gladly issue is now resolved and this won't happen again, hopefully  🙂

KD3625
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is technically a sister company and wouldn’t be so surprised if they are internally drawing a customers to one to another!

chainsawcowboy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I can see how this could of tripped up folks. I am happy to hear the confusion in billing charges has been cleared up. Great job public mobile.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

This is great news. This will prevent any further nasty surprises to those that thought their credit cards were compromised.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Awesome, now just a few other bugs/tweaks to fix...and then on to restoring the rewards program as it used to be 😄

blbean

@darliciousthanks for the advice..being new I didn't realize I have to be constantly logging in in order to see all of this.  I had started a ticket, and have sent my statement and am now waiting for a response=)

@rhull wrote:

I had the same issue and contacted customer service  .The issue was corrected by them!

This isn't something that a customer support agent could have corrected.  This is a system issue. The only thing that they could have possibly done was take note of your concerns.  

rhull

I had the same issue and contacted customer service  .The issue was corrected by them!

@sarahh85    Can you provide a few more details?

Are your payments up to date?  Log into your self serve account to make sure your payment went through if it was your renewal date. You may need to click the Reactivate button a couple of times or use the Payment tab to manually applied any missed payment as very occasionally autopay does fail.  Then reboot phone afterwards.

Otherwise try rebooting your phone or toggling airplane mode on/off.  You can also try switching the network to 3G temporarily. 

sarahh85

My mobile is not working please help me.

cjnrun

I truly hope this is fixed soon. When this charge showed up for me in November the impact wasn't just cosmetic or some minor confusion on my part. My credit card company decided to cancel and replace my card, so there was the time and effort to follow up regarding any other recurrent payments attached to the original card. More frustrating though were the barriers to accessing customer support at Public Mobile because my account was suspended when the credit card company reversed the charge. I'm glad this issue is being acknowledged and addressed now...but my experience was almost four months ago!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@blbean 

Well that shouldn't happen upon activation. Contact customer support with your card statement showing the double charge and ask for a refund. Pm aims to issue refunds of this kind within 3 to 5 business days. If the extra charges are not reflected as a balance in your available funds or if you just wish to settle the matter quickly you can ask for a credit to your accounts immediately that will pay for your next renewal.

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

blbean

hi Jade actually my husband and i were charged by both Koodo AND Public Mobile...

Community_QA

this is great. My friend just switched from Koodo and seeing that made him worried for couple days.

Zyl

@KK688   Even for people who are aware of the close business relationship between Telus, Koodo, and Public Mobile, it is still confusing especially that Koodo has some of exactly the same plans as Public Mobile.  Glad to see Public Mobile is getting its own voice! 

Now if only Public Mobile can remove the city name also when charging for payments, that would be even better.  Ideally, each payment charging company should just say "Public Mobile" and that's it.  Short and sweet! 

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Better late than never fixing this issue! Some people may get confused about being charged with Koodo as they're not aware that Telus owns both Koodo and Public Mobile. This announcement makes me feel relieved that it was a bug all along and not the rumors that Telus may be merging the two flanker brands! 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@J_PM  Glad that these issues are acknowledged. 

I fell bad for those who saw Koodo on the CC,  reverse the charge and got deactivated for non-payment.  Those  ported from Koodo would be the highest risk and some of them might think their old provider is still charging them.  Plus, we have to agree not everyone understand the relationship between PM and Koodo (I am surprise a CS Agent actually challenged the customer on this before)

hope you can update us again when they are all fixed.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

Thank you for finally acknowledging this onerous "glitch" that more than one new customer has learned very much the hard way that KOODO TOP UP REAPPROV appearing on their payment card statement is not a fraudulent charge leading them to the mistaken belief that their payment card has been compromised online. 

Those customers practicing  strict financial security measures have reported this onerously labeled public mobile plan charge as fraudulent, cancelled their payment card and in conjunction with the card issuer proceeded to implement a chargeback on their pm activation plan charges mislabeled as a KOODO charge. What most do not realize is the swift action taken by pm suspend services  and temporarily deactivated accounts when a chargeback for the account is recieved and huge headache and runaround pm demands of the customer to restore their phone service and gain access to their self serve accounts again.

While the many of the customers affected with the worst of pm's chargeback policy were given some sympathetic leeway and compensation once pm took notice to pleas from regular community members outcrying pms unfair treatment of innocent pm customers the first couple of unfortunate victims of this pm "glitch" suffered more than their fair share of poor treatment by customer support and a shocking lack of any customer service and were treated more like criminals than customers who simply needed compassion and kindness in correcting their account issue.

It would be helpful if "KOODO TOP UP REAPPROV" was put in the subject line/title of this post so customers coming to the community for the first time either looking for info on this subject or not looking but these key words draw their attention to realize before it's too late that these are not fraudulent charges and can either contact their card issuer to cancel the chargeback or contact customer support to give pm a heads up on the imminent chargeback to make arrangements to pay for their services and avoid service disruption and loss of account access.

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM  - great to hear this is being worked on!

Here is hoping this will confuse less customers after this is actioned.

KK688

Thanks for the update, Jade.  Hopefully, the fix can be completed soon.  It can be a bit disconcerting and possibly alarming to see a different company charging our credit card than the one we signed up for, as not everyone is familiar with the close relationship between Telus, Koodo, and Public Mobile, and even then it can make one wonder about the future of PM.

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

No worries, but I'll be happy to hear Koodo customers receiving a Public Mobile SMS showing on their activation. 😊 😊

Need Help? Let's chat.