cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: [Resolved] Select customers missing Rewards upon plan renewal

@Linda123 wrote:

I have issues on my account, but my renewal date is not on Oct 23, 24.  Should I contact moderator?  Thanks a lot!

I think You should

The bug was reported resolved so it shouldn't have happened and there is no ongoing effort to monitor and correct the accounts that are in process of renewal

@Behzad wrote:

Yesterday, I sent my friend to stores at St. Vital, Winnipeg. I talked to her very much and promote Public Mobile to her. She went there in order to buy a public mobile service.

1- No one helped her (wow mobile and other retailers) just somebody at Walmart tried to activate her plan.

2- The guy at Walmart tried two different sim cards and he failed to activate. So my friend lost your free sim card plan as well as a free 1-month plan for plans higher than 25$/month.

It is worth mentioning that due to the fact that she is currently using her own number, she doesn't want to change her number. As well as her, I lost my 1 dollor refer friend reward although I put a sizeable amount of time to persuade her to join Public Mobile.

She was told Public Mobile does not have appropriate support service; thus, we cannot help you to register. You have to change your number.  Even though, they couldn't activate sim cards.  

@Behzad  To tell you the truth I'm not surprised by the service from Wal-Mart but little by Wow....

• It can be difficult to be wowed by lot of larger retailers lack of knowledge and service especially  when it comes to public mobile. There's a lot of self serve involvement required to have a cheap mobile plan and thats before you activate as well as after. Not to say you didn't put a lot of effort into referring your friend but there's a lot of hand holding involved during activation even in store.  Out of the 10 referrals rewards I have I've been directly involved in 8 of them . Either doing the online activation for them or accompanying to the retailer to oversee the process so referral or promo codes aren't missed or misinformation spread. The other 2 were visitors to Canada that I just piped up while waiting for a SIM card refund (price matching!) That public mobile was the best short term provider and they went with it. But of course l probably lose their rewards this month as they were only here for a month. Unless your referrals are younger and more tech savvy then you have to be just as knowledgeable   the community in a way. At least when it comes to picking plans and activating SIM cards  as well as knowing the conditions of any promos, bonuses and flash sales. My friend was too tired by Sunday evening to go activate in store after hosting a kids birthday party so I got out of comfy loungeware, hopped on my bike, rode to London drugs after calling to make sure they were offering the free SIM as well and activated the SIM card . Then tonight after having the bf deliver it I ported in the phone number for it. So it takes effort to bring them in.
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My account was impacted on Oct 28, 2019 where the Rewards was applied to my auto payment which was made Oct. 28, 2019. Waiting for the missing Rewards to be creditted in my account. Thanks!

Correction.

My account was impacted on Oct 28, 2019 where the Rewards was NOT applied to my auto payment which was made Oct. 28, 2019. Waiting for the missing Rewards to be creditted in my account. Thanks!

Mayor / Maire

@maxshi wrote:

My account was impacted on Oct 28, 2019 where the Rewards was applied to my auto payment which was made Oct. 28, 2019. Waiting for the missing Rewards to be creditted in my account. Thanks!

@maxshi 

If you are missing your autopay payment credit ($2) for last renewal, then you will need to contact moderator. According to PM, this issue was resolved several days ago.

Click on question mark on right lower corner of website.  Chat with Simon about your issue and start the ticketing process to get moderator help.  

I did NOT miss my autopay payment for last renewal. The autopay payment was made on Oct. 28 which is the date for the autopay renew.

Mayor / Maire

@maxshi Pretty sure Dunkman meant... If you're missing autopay reward credit and haven't received it yet, then contact Moderator team.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well can't say I am impressed by this at all. PM once again screws up on billing issues, and then just responds by putting a credit on your account for next month.  Really? I found out about this when it showed up on my credit card statement. 

I didn't get the SMS and have to wonder what was their Plan B to ensure that everyone affected got that message. I also have to wonder why that credit didn't include the GST and PST I was charged because of their failure. Why is that fair? It wasn't my mess up, it was theirs!

What about people that just had sufficient funds to cover their normally reward reduced bill, but then got charged the full amount? Are they now in default and will have  the aggravation of straightening that out too?

I can't believe people are giving Bravos out for this. You don't get improvement by rewarding mediocrity. Public Mobile needs to be better. So just be better!!

It appears that the bug that affected users on the 23rd and the 24th of October has not been completely resolved. Either those select users who have not received or had their autopay reward applied to their account in the last few days during renewal are subject to the occasional glitch that happens at pm or it's a continuance of the bug. I have only read complaints about the autopay reward rather than all rewards? Or is autopay the only one they have? @Linda123  and @maxshi  both of you need to contact a moderator to have the autopay reward applied to your account the turnaround time has been very quick and it should be resolved quickly. @maurice  the same applies but it is important to remember you did not receive a sms because you were not in the original group of users as your renewal was on the 28th not the 23rd or 24th. Every other complaint seen on the community since then and there are very few of them has only been the autopay reward o as it has been isolated there has been no reason to raise the alarm and is up to each individual user affected by this to contact a moderator on their own to ask for it to be applied to their account. Now it is unfortunate that your missing $2 reward was applied to your credit card and if you dont pay it on time the extra 19.95% interest on $2 for 9 days (the time past your 21 day Grace period that you would have to pay interest on) may be unaffordable to you and perhaps you would be justified in asking the moderators to apply that amount to your account. However since you will get the credit for the autopay next renewal asking for the gst and pst is not justified as you will not pay it the following month. But yes you may have to pay interest on that extra $0.20-$0.30 for 9 days. So I'm sure if you calculate the 9 days of interest(at whatever your rate is) compounded daily on $2.10-$2.30 and submit it you might get a moderator that feels compassion to your plight and apply the approximately $0.0044 to your account. Public mobile could do better and they are trying by scheduling system maintenance more often and slowy resolving the more common bugs and glitches that affect the system.But you do get rewards...something you don't get elsewhere because they charge more and spend more on the latest and greatest software to avoid major problems but they still occur when you're paying twice the price you just don't know about it because they don't have communities that are engaged and active so you it in the dark til you get your bill and freak out and get on the phone to them. Public mobile system will never be perfect that's why your bill is cheap by comparison. You will occasionally be the victim of a bug or glitch at pm accept it and message a mod tag @Alan_K if you have to and move on. Otherwise you know the alternative....pay more get more and complain to a customer service agent on the phone.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not really wise to make assumptions, and rarely wise to offer advice on situations that one knows little about, especially if you are not a moderator. Prety sure you have no idea when my renewal date was, or any idea what reward level I have,  so to start declaring what I should or should not be doing, and conjuring a bunch of numbers on those mistaken beliefs isn't required. Clearly my comments weren't a request for somebody in the community to "splain" it to me. What  they are is a public message to Public Mobile to do better. End of story.