cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Replacing the $35 1.5GB Plan with a $30 2GB Plan

Thank you Catherine_T! This is really good news for us customers.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@TMS 

The answer regarding zoomer wireless is easy for me.....especially after 20 years i gave them a second chance when my bf needed a phone and i was his guarantor for his account/device plan with fido. It was no surprise that they continued their practice of negative billing, over charges and billing errors (always in their favour). After 18 months of monthly arguments and a minimum of four hours each month trying to get the fraudulent billing corrected i gave up and bought the phone out once i found public mobile. In three months the reduction in the bfs plan cost alone paid for his device. I had vowed in 1998 to never give my money to rogers again i regret breaking that vow i will not break that vow ever again!

I did not realize Zoomer is connected to Rogers. I had to look it up. 😕

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Nice !This is awesome! I will actually likely switch from the 25 plan, it's a great deal! 28 with auto pay so my case $31 with taxes

Before I left koodo their "loyalty" wanted 35 with no autopay and for only 1gb

Any idea how long this will be around ?Will it become a permanent plan option ?Thinking mainly for those not needing much data now due to home due to covid, but they'd probably hop right on this once they're back to usual 

Thanks for listening to customers feedback PM - that's awesome! 😁

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 even though she said limited time I think it's a permanent plan for now

If you have the $35 1.5GB plan today and want to continue with it, no action is required. However, if you switch to another plan you will not be able to switch back to the $35 1.5GB plan after August 6, 2020 as it will no longer be available.

Highlighted

@gpixel4 wrote:

that may be partially true BUT what has often made prepaid attractive is appealing to the 'build your own' or  'pay for only what you want or need' so that typically the overall out of pocket cost was still lower that what top-tier service providers could offer. That has been my experience. I think that is what attracted many/most? people here in the first place.

@pm-smayer97 I'm talking about back before there even was data. in 2002-03 I was paying $45 for free after 6pm w/ unlimited text and 25 cents per call. they called me "speedy t9"

I eventually switched to city fido which was $40 for unlimited everything

Yes, prepaid always had some plans that were more expensive. But I have ONLY EVER used prepaid plans since the 90's and ALWAYS found economical plans that met my needs that NO post-plan could match.

In fact the Telus $10 Exclusive plan I currently have has a LONG history going back to ClearNet before it got bought out, which STILL had per-second billing until 20 months ago.

Highlighted

@darlicious wrote:

@pm-smayer97 

I can agree with you partially on the customer support. For most users with normal service problems the support/service between the community and the moderators is excellent. Its only once you have a larger, complicated and/or unique issue it then can require a lot of convincing and diligence to get it attended to and resolved.

Well having managed up to 14 accounts at one point over the last 2+ yrs, and still maintaining 5 to date, I can say I have had MANY "larger, complicated and/or unique issues" that frankly would not have been if it were not for the difficulty with PM mods, and even some managers. To be fair, it is not all bad, but sometimes, and sometimes too often, it just does get that bad.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

1 more minute! 

edit: nvm.. wasn't it supposed to change after 11:59 et?

@pm-smayer97 wow! managing 14 accounts would give me a headache

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel4 wrote:

1 more minute! 

edit: nvm.. wasn't it supposed to change after 11:59 et?

@pm-smayer97 wow! managing 14 accounts would give me a headache

Somebody didn't get the memo. uh yeah hey guys...midnight...be a dear and flip the switch for the $30 plan will ya.

Heads will roll I tells ya.

Ah whatever...I'm stickin' with my $10 plan.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@z10user4 

Ah whatever...I'm stickin' with my $10 plan”

I’m keeping the $10 plan too. As soon as we leave that plan, that’s it, no more, nada, fini. 

Wondering what it will take to get you to change? Lol 😂 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@TMS wrote:

@z10user4 

Ah whatever...I'm stickin' with my $10 plan”

I’m keeping the $10 plan too. As soon as we leave that plan, that’s it, no more, nada, fini. 

Wondering what it will take to get you to change? Lol 😂 

With some balance and gifts and bonuses...I dunno 🙂

What about yourself?

Need Help? Let's chat.