cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Replacing the $35 1.5GB Plan with a $30 2GB Plan

@TMS 

The answer regarding zoomer wireless is easy for me.....especially after 20 years i gave them a second chance when my bf needed a phone and i was his guarantor for his account/device plan with fido. It was no surprise that they continued their practice of negative billing, over charges and billing errors (always in their favour). After 18 months of monthly arguments and a minimum of four hours each month trying to get the fraudulent billing corrected i gave up and bought the phone out once i found public mobile. In three months the reduction in the bfs plan cost alone paid for his device. I had vowed in 1998 to never give my money to rogers again i regret breaking that vow i will not break that vow ever again!

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Currently have the $25 plan (500MB + 500 MB) with lots of free data from previous promos.

A 1GB Promo, the Holiday 1GB giveaway, and some of my 5GB sign up data bonus.

With the deal being temporary, the $5 upgrade for the extra data looks like a good idea.

BUT if I change, do I loose the extra bonuses?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Masuky909 wrote:

Currently have the $25 plan (500MB + 500 MB) with lots of free data from previous promos.

A 1GB Promo, the Holiday 1GB giveaway, and some of my 5GB sign up data bonus.

With the deal being temporary, the $5 upgrade for the extra data looks like a good idea.

BUT if I change, do I loose the extra bonuses?

@Masuky909   The free gifts from PM will stay with your account, however, the 5GB sign up data might be affected by changing plans and would depend upon the terms of the promotion at sign up. 

Edit: How much of the 5GB bonus is still remaining?  Depending on how much is left you may need to figure out if it's worthwhile for you to change plans since it seems to be a limited time offer.  If you do go ahead and change plans, maybe you can update your post to let us know if the change affected your bonus sign up data or not?

Highlighted

This is fantastic.  Thanks PM for providing consumers with more choices.

Highlighted

I have most of my 5GB signup bonus. So i have about 6.2GB of "banked" data.

I think I might just keep the $5/month in my pocket, as it seems I dont use all my 1GB per month now. We shall see what happens when school starts back up.

Thanks

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Finally 😍

Highlighted

@pm-smayer97 

I fully agree with you. I first encountered this displeasure back in 2018. I don’t want to go into specifics, but I just started my plan with PM days before the unfortunate experience. Not the most warm welcoming either. More similar situations occurred months later, so I said, “Skip this”, and I left a little over a year with PM.  

However, I did back to PM and park my phone number. That was over a year and a half ago. Unfortunately, I did lose a year of loyalty.

I brought in a bunch of people to PM too, including my 70+ year old mother, and my two kids. I also had over a few hundred dollars credit, and now I maintain the grandfathered $10 plan still with reward credit. I barely use the account and resorted to voip for my calling. 

The biggest negative knock against PM is their customer service. My mom and the others will leave when I leave, cause they’ll have no idea on how to reach out to the moderators. 😞 

Highlighted

@darlicious 

Was it Fido that you had the argument with 20 years ago or Zoomerwireless/Cityphone?

Rogers billing is a complete and utter joke. I strongly believe they mess up the customer’s invoice each month on purpose. When people refer to Rogers as Robbers, I can see why. This happened to me with Fido and I had to resort to CCTS to file a complaint for my spouse and I. We were granted our requests and we still remained with them. Been with them 26+ years. Their CS has improved - A LOT!

Is Zoomer owned by Rogers? I do realize they use their Network/Towers. 

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TMS wrote:

Is Zoomer owned by Rogers? I do realize they use their Network/Towers. 

Yes, it is 100% owned by Rogers, among a bunch of other brands. This is "competition" at work.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

that may be partially true BUT what has often made prepaid attractive is appealing to the 'build your own' or  'pay for only what you want or need' so that typically the overall out of pocket cost was still lower that what top-tier service providers could offer. That has been my experience. I think that is what attracted many/most? people here in the first place.

@pm-smayer97 I'm talking about back before there even was data. in 2002-03 I was paying $45 for free after 6pm w/ unlimited text and 25 cents per call. they called me "speedy t9"

I eventually switched to city fido which was $40 for unlimited everything