Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing the $35 1.5GB Plan with a $30 2GB Plan

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community, 

On Friday, August 7, we are launching a new $30 2GB plan available for a limited time only. As a result, as of Thursday, August 6th 2020, 11:59 PM ET, the following price plan is being expired:

• $35 1.5GB Plan

If you have the $35 1.5GB plan today and want to continue with it, no action is required. However, if you switch to another plan you will not be able to switch back to the $35 1.5GB plan after August 6, 2020 as it will no longer be available.

To check out our other plans, go to publicmobile.ca/plans

Thank you for choosing Public Mobile! 

-Public Mobile Community Team

Edited to include “available for a limited time only” (Change made on August 6th 2020, 10:25AM ET)

114 REPLIES 114

@SD08 wrote:

This is great!  But please make the $30 2GB plan the regular price rather than temporary.  One can hope that PM eventually decides to make this a regular offering due to demand.

The $35 plan has long been the worst of the talk/text/data plans.  To me, it never made any sense with the $40 plan including so much more data. If this $30 plan is truly going to be a limited time offer, I would say don't even bother bring back the $35 plan later on unless it includes more data.

@fdrcamb519 

You have to wait until this new plan is available, IE: in the list of available plans....tomorrow I think. As soon as it is available just log in to Self Serve, choose “Change Plan”, select the new $30/2Gb plan and then the important part... choose to “Change at Renewal”, not the “Change Immediately“ Option. These two choices are big buttons at the bottom that you choose between. The morning of your next renewal you will be renewed on this new plan without the need to make your move a day or two early throwing away some of your current 30 day plan OR inadvertently missing your next renewal and having to wait another month.

AE_Collector

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

This is great!  But please make the $30 2GB plan the regular price rather than temporary.  One can hope that PM eventually decides to make this a regular offering due to demand.

@fdrcamb519 just add funds and switch when it becomes available. then "choose change on next renewal date"

@TMS you're wish has been granted. good job on waiting it out 👍.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Awesome news, my plan renews, on the 28 of this month should I wait until the 25 or 26 to renew????

great work! I just cancelled my planned upgrade and will be upgrading to this!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Catherine_T  when lucky ends their promo will pm then end this limited time offer as well and  also not have the 35$ plan either?

It would be great to see a competitive response to shaw mobile plans in BC and Alberta 🙂 ie 15$ unlimited talk and text.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is fantastic news.  No more price discrimination by region.  Time to put in a plan change. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Catherine_T What a great deal! Thank you and keep going in a right direction😉

zblackma

Thank you @Catherine_T . Its about time that plan was extinct. Have a great weekend.

That’s perfect...finally things are lining up in more of a logical fashion.!

They have moved towards quoting plans with the Autopay bonus already included so I’m virtually certain it will be 1.5Gb without Autopay and 2Gb with Autopay. But...it is PERFECT!

And even the $40 5Gb plan is a “limited time Promotion” in some of the advertising and it has been around longer than I have been here, approaching 2 years. Soooo, its here until its no longer here.

AE_Collector.

Harold2020
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That's a good news. I am currently having the $25 plan, I will probably swith to this one. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BearFBI wrote:

@Catherine_T Is there limited time widow to get the plan or is the plan here to stay ? 

There's no mention of a time limit. All plans can change at any time. Just like the $35 one now becoming obsolete.

BearFBI

@Catherine_T Is there limited time widow to get the plan or is the plan here to stay ? 

@mpscotia good question. It's probably 2 gigs in total. 1.5 + the 500mb for autopay. We will have to wait and see. May be pleasantly surprised. Stay safe. 

BearFBI

@Catherine_T Thanks a lot ! 

My wish came true 🙂

The community has been wanting a plan like this for a long time.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

cfaeca037d4436b470bfe948b81c5716.gif

Wow quite a deal! Keep up the good work. Love these deals coming in at better value recently.

mpscotia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Great move and thanks! We'll be switching tomorrow.

Does that mean it's 2.5Gb with Autopay?

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Loved it.jpg

@Dunkman 

Yeah I know, grab it while you can 🙂

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I knew it 🙂

Great move @Catherine_T 

Thanks 🙂

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

That is better deal as more customers want more data in their plans.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks.  Better deal.  Trying to match Lucky mobile's promotion.  

Who would want to continue with $35 plan?  Just switch at next renewal to the new $30 plan.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for the information @Catherine_T that's a great idea. A fair bit of the $25 plans will switch up now for the extra 1 gig.  Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.