cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Replacing the $35 1.5GB Plan with a $30 2GB Plan

Nice one, PM! The deals were solid as it was; this new plan is very enticing. Thanks as always and stay safe, everyone!

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gpixel4 

I was already asking for the $35/3gb instead since it Trump's Lucky's offer... $33/3gb.... they already are beating the competition. when I switch tomorrow it's free. lucky can never match that...”

Zoomer has/had a 5GB for $36.00 on and off for a while. Plus find someone there already and you both get $50. Plus $100 activation credit. Plus a free phone. You have to lock in for two years, however. 😐 

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@TMS it's hard to justify other providers when the rewards are too good. for other users I can easily see a switch.

I haven't had to wait 5 years to get $5 off...

if I didn't have the rewards I have, I would probably switch. I enjoy pm and the community. I like the forums. my goal is to eventually get enough rewards for a free $40 plan. I don't think I'm ever leaving... this is the best provider I've been with. 

if I compare that offer from zoomer with those discounts you mentioned, you would pay $23.50+tax if I change to the $40 plan I pay under $20 not including community rewards

so at the current moment I would be paying closer to $10/5gb. theres also the versatility of moving up and down plans without losing rewards.. 

we also need to remember this is "prepaid". it was never meant to be a top tier or compete with one. when I was growing up prepaid was always more expensive and less appealing than post paid plans. and yet, they've changed it around. 

Highlighted

@gpixel4 

$150 and a phone (which you can sell) is a pretty darn good “reward”. 
And you don’t have to wait 5 years to get $5 off. 

edit:

if you sold the phone for $150. You’d have $300 over 24 months which is the equivalent of $12.50 off your bill. Reducing it to $36.00 plus tax minus $12.50. 

edit:

Not to mention Full LTE (not important to me) and a phone-in customer service. 

Highlighted

This is cheaper. Why not?

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That's a good plan and replacement for the $35 1.5GB Plan.  Too bad it's only for a limited time because I don't need that currently since I am using wifi more during this Covid time.

Highlighted

Wow, nice! Thanks for the great news 🙂

Highlighted

@gpixel4 wrote:

we also need to remember this is "prepaid". it was never meant to be a top tier or compete with one. when I was growing up prepaid was always more expensive and less appealing than post paid plans. and yet, they've changed it around. 

not my experience. If you mean cost per feature, that may be partially true BUT what has often made prepaid attractive is appealing to the 'build your own' or  'pay for only what you want or need' so that typically the overall out of pocket cost was still lower that what top-tier service providers could offer. That has been my experience. I think that is what attracted many/most? people here in the first place.

Anyway, good to see that at least PM is keeping pace even if not the leader at the moment. In other words, there is a lot to be said for phone support to cut down the effort and time to resolve issues.

Highlighted

@gpixel4 wrote:

@TMS it's hard to justify other providers when the rewards are too good. for other users I can easily see a switch.

Actually I ALMOST agree...the fact is that with pricing inching up over the last couple of years that the rewards only make a marginal difference (unless you have a large carry forward from past promos, like I do).

The fact is that support is SO poor here. It took me 20 back and forth emails before mods were willing to escalate a problem to a manager just last week, and even the manager gave me a har time at first...UNTIL they FINALLY realized that what I was saying was true...NO customer should have to go through that amount of stonewalling to get support. And I have experienced this at least a dozen times with PM mods that it takes away the value of the "rewards" that it frequently makes me question if it is worth it...but like I said, I am currently deeply vested in PM in more ways than one.

So, if you do not run into problems and need little to no support, it seems ok BUT once you do, the value diminishes exponentially.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 

I can agree with you partially on the customer support. For most users with normal service problems the support/service between the community and the moderators is excellent. Its only once you have a larger, complicated and/or unique issue it then can require a lot of convincing and diligence to get it attended to and resolved.