cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Oracle

Re: Thought it was working but nope

@Nikita  Don't forget voip apps like that from fongo.com. Fongo provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Highlighted
Oracle

Re: Aunt's phone can't make calls

@Alex888 wrote:

@ZekerDoes she live in Quebec? They have been having outage problems there the last couple of days, they were only fixed a few hours ago, is she still having problems?

Not fixed yet; being managed by the $15 400 minute long distance add-on. If it has not been added to her account give some thought to a voip app like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

Official word: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/RESOLVED-Select-customers-on-Province-w...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Thought it was working but nope

Hey @Scruffy 

I think ur missing the point. Its not just a conoensation, but a way to let us call.  They found a workaround for us to be able to make outgoing calls till the fix .i am really happy as i kind of needed my phone 🙂 

I think its cool and never expires. U never know 🙂 i was in Ontario last summer. It would of been nice to have.  You never go out of province? 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite  Alan_K posted an announcment saying it was resolved have you heard otherwise? The post is here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/RESOLVED-Select-customers-on-Province-w...

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: [RESOLVED] Select customers on Province-wide talk plans experiencing outbound call issues

@Scruffy 

Nikita has the right approach. It effectively gives you Canada-wide and US-wide calling from wherever you are in Canada TO anywhere in Canada and the US.

Your provincial-wide just gives you calling to inside whatever province you're physically in at the time.

Then, the add-on stays on until used up.

So when everything is back to normal function, you'll have your normal in-province calling and then the ability to call anywhere else in Canada and the US.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, we live in Quebec and just now, she still can't make calls. And I see from other posts that this is a province-wide issue. I'll come back tomorrow to report whether it is fixed or not. Thank you.

Highlighted
Oracle

@Alex888 wrote:

@Luddite  Alan_K posted an announcment saying it was resolved have you heard otherwise? The post is here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/RESOLVED-Select-customers-on-Province-w...

Being resolved by a workaround.  I wonder if maybe not everyone got the add-on minutes in their account yet.  

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Sorry, we cannot complete your call, you do not have the required long distance add on

@Alan_K 

Did we need to message the mods to have the add-on added?

Highlighted

Re: [RESOLVED] Select customers on Province-wide talk plans experiencing outbound call issues

Service was not restored by monday morning, we've been without it for more than 3  days,

we would like the a refund for the month where we could not use the service we've paid for, we don't need long distance minutes, we have free call apps to call around the world for free. Thank you for your understanding.

Highlighted

Re: Special announcement coming soon

And then give us a refund for being unable to use the service we paid for.