cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Select customers on Province-wide talk plans experiencing outbound call issues

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

19:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

Earlier today we identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls were unable to be placed. Inbound calling, texting and data services remained unaffected.

Our technical teams are implementing a solution which will restore outbound calling service to normal by early morning of March 20. No action is required on your behalf.

However, in the meantime, we have added a complimentary 400 minutes Long Distance Talk Add-On (includes calls to Canada & the U.S) for our affected customers, which you can use immediately and will allow you to make outbound calls. This Add-On will not expire as any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

We understand that your service and staying connected is important and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

13:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

We’ve identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls are unable to placed. Currently, this looks to be isolated only to Quebec.

If you’re currently experiencing this issue, please note that inbound calling, texting, and data services remain unaffected. Meanwhile, wi-fi calling services and inbound calling may meet your talk needs temporarily.

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

523 REPLIES 523

@rmarijon If you are in Quebec they are currently having a problem with their service, you will just have to be patient. If you can't log into your account try using Chrome in incognito, if you still can't login try resetting your password. If you can't reset your password you will need to contact a moderator, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

PickleRick
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem and the self service zone is amazingly slow. My guess is we are not alone in this situation.

jDr0id
@CS_Agent Can we please get an announcement? It's been over 10 hours already.... No outgoing calls.

jDr0id
@CS_Agent Can we please get an announcement? It's been over 10 hours already.... No outgoing calls.

rmarijon

have no outgoing calls.doesn't matter if i dial 1 or not.no phone calls.i am in montreal quebec.there is no help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!please help.

rmarijon

can not do outgoing calls.password not good to see the plan for my account.what happened????

Tremblayj

Hard to say right now, i'm also unable to login to my account currently.

Edit : But even then, the call i was making was to the next region in the same province and didnt have any problem yesterday or for the last years either.

Add +1 before area code, for instance: +1 xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Honey1979

Can we please have an update. I logged in to find out users in QC are experiencing this situation. No service since all day

Thank you

kape3331

Yup, it’s unlimited provincial calling and like I mentioned I am able to receive incoming calls

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kape3331  Have you checked your self service portal.  Does it show your (correct) plan as active?

kape3331

Hi, 

I cannot make local calls. Whenever I make a call I get a voice message indicating that my plan doesn't cover this long distance call and my call is not covered by my plan. Although, I’m able to get incoming calls. My phone was working as of yesterday and I have unlimited provinicial calling. Also, I get the same voice message when I attempt to call my voicemail. Can someone help?

Thanks, 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tremblayj  - Does your self service portal show the new plan as active?  Are you sure you did an immediate change (not change at next renewal).

Perhaps the lost/stolen phone trick migh reset your plan to what is shown in your portal...

Tremblayj

Have a problem since this morning, can't make long distance call in the same province. I had the $25 plan with province-wide unlimited calling and just switched to canada-wide today... and the message still says i dont have a long distance call plan????

1er-Ginette

Moi non plus depuis hier je ne peux plus faire d'appels locaux même si j'ai l'option appels illimités dans ma province

Sharry19
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Nikita  Sorry to hear about that, I would say please wait little bit more

If nothing works then I suggest you to please send Private Message to Moderator by CLICK HERE

*** Please note: I am not a Moderator ***

Sharry19
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@yasharmahooti Sorry to hear about that, I would say please wait bit more

If nothing works then I suggest you to please send Private Message to Moderator by CLICK HERE

*** Please note: I am not a Moderator ***

Nikita
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My hushusb, son and mother dont have an issue 😞 guess im in quebec and have a high profile 🙂 ok ill wait 🙂 

Anyone know if public mibile aware of issue? Or is this just because many ppl from queven are having this issue

Brinastielow

Been having this issue for the last 6 hours can’t make any calls

@yasharmahooti wrote:

I can not make local calls from this morning

Unfortunately a lot of people in quebec are in the same boat as yours...nothing we can do but waiting after the problem is fixed...patience..Smiley Frustrated

@Nikita wrote:

Hi. Been a public mobile member for ever (2013). No changes to phone number nothing .Today i cant make any calls anywhere. Keeps saying don't have long distance plan. I can text and use data. I can receive calls. Just can't make em. Neither to 438 numbers not 514 numbers . Tried rebooting phone same thing.  Help

Unfortunately a lot of people in quebec are in the same boat as yours...nothing we can do but waiting after the problem is fixed...patience..Smiley Frustrated

@Nikita If you are in Quebec there is currently a problem with the service.

@yasharmahooti If you are in Quebec there is currently a problem with the service.

Nikita

Hi. Been a public mobile member for ever (2013). No changes to phone number nothing .Today i cant make any calls anywhere. Keeps saying don't have long distance plan. I can text and use data. I can receive calls. Just can't make em. Neither to 438 numbers not 514 numbers . Tried rebooting phone same thing.  Help

yasharmahooti

I can not make local calls from this morning

pierrette1012
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same for me, since this morning in Montreal my zone it says that I need a longue distance plan, my landlord with pm also in the same block is getting the same message and can't call. 

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There's no number or customer chat, just moderators and forum community help. Hopefully that was evident upon sign up, as it's a no frills service.

That said, I'm sorry to hear about you not being able to make calls. All providers go down from time to time and in my experience a call center call won't really add much. Something has to be fixed on the server end, no doubt mods are aware of it (would be nice to get an acknowledgment), and this will be fixed soon. 

As others suggested, a WiFi calling backup (like Fongo) is a good idea.

irishman4

Thanks for that Quick answer ...Moderator  are working on that issue,,,but one thing i don't get is Publicmobile belongs to  Telus...a Solid company with a Reputable Name...

i do not understand why it's taking ..so far  16 hours to fix issue....!!  certainly hope next maintance will be in  1 year...or so......So  i hope i made a good choice to switched to  Publicmobile..!!!

shazia

I have the same problem I try to call someone from public mobile, the reason why they r doing this is to loose customer

@ApatheticFloW  No carrier guarantees 100% uptime; even Bell landlines go down. Here's my take: 100% SERVICE.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.