cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Delay in receiving Self-Serve password reset email

Similar issue when I do get my link it asks for my existing password....hello public mobile I don't remember that's why I clicked on the "forgot password spot". 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@penelope2  @Booker

It looks like that the password reset function is NOT working again.  You will need to contact moderator to reset password and further concerns.  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Recommendation:  do not send multiple message to moderators.  Each new message will put you further down the job list.  

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

Sent an email to the mod team 8 hours ago and no response. Please help with password reset

Mayor / Maire

Re: [RESOLVED] Delay in receiving Self-Serve password reset email

@mtfolks wrote:

@jp2 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

I'm a big fan of LastPass personally but plenty of people out there don't use anything, sadly.  1Password is also very popular, especially among the iPhone/Mac crowd.  

I've looked at lastpass but if they get hacked aren't you kinda screwed? 

Nope. Pretty much all password managers use local, on device decryption. So unencrypted data is never sent and the provider has no access to the unencrypted data. I personally like 1Password. 

@mtfolks @jp2 it depends.  1Password as noted is stored locally but you can also have it sync to Google Drive or iCloud or whatever cloud storage solution you like.  LastPass is always synced to their cloud service and yes you could view that as a vulnerability.  However, the only store your 256-bit AES encrypted password info, they never have access to your plaintext info.  More details:  https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=6926

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I'm also experiencing both the inablity to access my Self-Serve account using my previous password and non-receipt of the password reset e-mail.  Made multiple requests for password reset e-mails since yesterday afternoon and none have been received.

Grateful if I could receive assistance with this.

Mayor / Maire

@SWH_L as mentioned the password reset is broken again. To reset it you need to contact mods.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Some good posts/reads:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-") to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@srlawren wrote:

@mtfolks wrote:

@jp2 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

I'm a big fan of LastPass personally but plenty of people out there don't use anything, sadly.  1Password is also very popular, especially among the iPhone/Mac crowd.  

I've looked at lastpass but if they get hacked aren't you kinda screwed? 

Nope. Pretty much all password managers use local, on device decryption. So unencrypted data is never sent and the provider has no access to the unencrypted data. I personally like 1Password. 

@mtfolks @jp2 it depends.  1Password as noted is stored locally but you can also have it sync to Google Drive or iCloud or whatever cloud storage solution you like.  LastPass is always synced to their cloud service and yes you could view that as a vulnerability.  However, the only store your 256-bit AES encrypted password info, they never have access to your plaintext info.  More details:  https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=6926

Yes. But any reputable password manager has no access to your passkey as it never leaves your device. So even if the encrypted data is stored in the cloud, your passkey is not. 

In other words, could that encrypted data get hacked from the cloud? Possibly. But good luck decrypting it without the passkey.

Also means the password manager company itself can’t access your passwords even if they wanted to. 

This delay is causing am issue, because I'd like to cancel my auto payment and terminate services. Thus is ridiculous, I've been trying to for 5 days, every time I get an email to reset my password (I forgot it), it says its expired or something like that. Horrible service, I sent an email to cancel my services and doing the same here, so I have proof I requested cancellation. Cancel my services please, and I better not get charged for another month!!!!!!

Mayor / Maire

@Handinthedark try calling 611 there is an option to add remove auto-pay.

Hey @Handinthedark,

sorry to hear that you've been having an issue resetting your self-serve password! As you haven't already, please send us a private message including your account details. In the meantime, you can try the suggestion mentioned above to remove autopay.

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **