Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Delay in receiving Self-Serve password reset email

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

09:00 ET - September 21, 2018

Hey Community,

We are happy to say that our technical team has successfully implemented a fix for the delay many were experiencing in receiving their Self-Serve password reset email. Going forward, all Self-Serve password reset requests should trigger a password reset email message within several minutes.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience as we worked through this investigation.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

13:30 ET - August 27, 2018

Hey Community,

Our technical team is currently investigating this issue and we will provide updates as we learn more. If you are currently experiencing this issue, please contact a moderator here to reset your password.

In order to message a Moderator you will need to create/ sign in to your Community Account. Don’t have one set-up yet? Just click here, select 'Sign In' at the top right corner, then select 'New User? Register here.'

12:00 ET - August 24, 2018

Hey Community,

We are happy to say that our technical team has successfully implemented a fix  for the delay many were experiencing in receiving their Self-Serve password reset email. Going forward, all Self-Serve password reset requests should trigger a password reset email message within several minutes.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience as we worked through this investigation.

-Public Mobile Community Team

193 REPLIES 193

McBryen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah.. why even offer a password reset feature eh?

Sad to see how many people forget their passwords despite browsers or other add-ins that can remember for you. 

McBryen

It looks like the reset was sent and went to my SPAM... oops Smiley Embarassed

edit: erased previous message of frustration... my fault. 

jp2

@dna2016 wrote:

Lol, I guess I spoke too soon.  Should have given it more time for the bugs to get fixed, kind of like everything else they launch.  Well I guess on the bright side is that at least it's still on their radar to get working right for customers.  Just sucks they announced that it's now working, but then stopped working again, and again, and again, and.............

My thoughts exactly Smiley Mad

@Acekiller wrote:

lol, finally. that wasn't so hard was it?

Apparently, it is and so it broke again Smiley Frustrated

Acekiller

lol, finally. that wasn't so hard was it?

dna2016

Lol, I guess I spoke too soon.  Should have given it more time for the bugs to get fixed, kind of like everything else they launch.  Well I guess on the bright side is that at least it's still on their radar to get working right for customers.  Just sucks they announced that it's now working, but then stopped working again, and again, and again, and.............

AngelaH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks so much, will give that a try.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AngelaH you need to ask mods to change password. Ask at same time for them to change the plan

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Some good posts/reads:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-") to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

AngelaH

That is not the case for my partner, we are trying again this week to change his password.  Tried again twice today but still no email. have waited for about 3 hours now and no luck. Could you please help us so we can change his plan.  Thanks.

mimmo

@Ani glad you got it working. fustration is understandable,  no need for the language, It takes a bit to discover some of the various workrounds. 

Typically reply time from is pretty quick, unfortunatly not recentlybecause of the backlog.  how/if /what they are doing to reduce backlog im not sure.

Ani

OMG thank you!  Finally some clear practical advice on this cluster$&@k of a service!

thanks to only you, I have service again!

mimmo

@Ani  try calling 611 and pay through therer if your cc is on file and you know your pin.  you can also payvia voucher on 611.  if you want to buy a voucher from home use recharge.com

Ani

This is the worst customer service. So I received my password reset emails this morning but the links are expired. And now my service is cut off.

What the heck?

mimmo

@drgraff you can add us add-ons by calling 1(855)4public from the USA  you just need to have a credit card registered and know your account pin.  If you do not  you can buy a voucher at recharge.con and can top up then buy USA addon

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

It's now been over 18 hours since I put in my test password reset request.  Still nothing.

I've removed my bravo from the post saying it's been corrected.  @Alan_K, stop with the promos -- get the system working.  This is ridiculous.

Lets see how long it takes to come back up!  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@drgraff, unfortunately there is nothing you can do but wait until they contact you.

drgraff

I needed to reset my password and it continually failed. I never got a single email. Now I'm halfway through my travels and I still can't log in to activate US roaming. Can someone fix this? It says I'm locked out. I tried private messaging but nobody answered. Thanks

TY01

What  resolve .......nothing works in self tab.

Links don't work .....then they do but timed out .

Email responses take up to 48 hours for password reset after initial setup was deemed unknown .

Still no access  to account .

Wish there was live mouseketteers to talk to .over the 3 accounts now in limbo .

SD08

@dna2016 wrote:

@Alan_K this is definitely a great plus for PM.  Anything that can help customers be more self sufficient and not have to rely on MODS or community support is always great.  I know this is a long time coming, but hey, better late than never as they say.  And I'm quite certain the MODS are super excited about this as well.  This should definitely reduce the amount of requests they receive by a good percentage.

Big thumbs up to PM.  Keep it up.

@dna2016  Except, it's broken again.  <sigh>

@dna2016 It already broke again lol

dna2016

@Alan_K this is definitely a great plus for PM.  Anything that can help customers be more self sufficient and not have to rely on MODS or community support is always great.  I know this is a long time coming, but hey, better late than never as they say.  And I'm quite certain the MODS are super excited about this as well.  This should definitely reduce the amount of requests they receive by a good percentage.

Big thumbs up to PM.  Keep it up.

I tried it today to see if it was working again.  6 hours later, still no email.

Its broken faster than the official can respond.  Its on weekend! Smiley Happy

Lilianaguz17

Okay thank you I will!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lilianaguz17, Password reset feature is broken (even though it was reported as fixed yesterday).  Just send a private message to the moderator team and ask for a reset.  Include your phone# or account# as well as account PIN (if known) in order to speed up identification.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Lilianaguz17

My account is locked! Before it got locked I tried the reset password, I  answered the security question and still haven’t gotten the email (it’s been over 3 hrs) Tried to do it again but it says to contact public Mobil for help since my account it’s locked now 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marias_Man2016, chances are, the email will only arrive after the code it contains has expired.  Send the moderator team a private message and they will reset your password for you.  Include phone# or account# as well as account PIN (if known) in order to speed up identification.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Marias_Man2016

It's been a hour still waiting on my email to verify my self serve account to change password 

Need Help? Let's chat.