Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: RE: Payment Voucher Retailers

Please let me know how it went
Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Now that PM service is expanding would also be interested in finding out if there are any retailers in Vancouver, BC area selling vouchers yet not personally for myself but friends/family without a credit card.

As previous posts mentioned that short code with postal code does nothing anymore.

Highlighted

@canucks4life there is a locator where you can type in a city or address and it gives you a list, though I don't know 100% how reliable it is.  Not sure what parts of Vancouver work for your friends & family, but I can personally vouch for the Shell station in Langley on 200th street and ... I think about 88th ave, and also the Shell in Surrey on 148th at 108th.  I've bought at both in the past.  Just tell them you want code PBLMBL, that helps them figure out how to punch it into their prepaid card system.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted

@srlawren wrote:

@canucks4life there is a locator where you can type in a city or address and it gives you a list, though I don't know 100% how reliable it is.  Not sure what parts of Vancouver work for your friends & family, but I can personally vouch for the Shell station in Langley on 200th street and ... I think about 88th ave, and also the Shell in Surrey on 148th at 108th.  I've bought at both in the past.  Just tell them you want code PBLMBL, that helps them figure out how to punch it into their prepaid card system.  🙂

Found the locator search thanks...any idea what is the difference between real time and voucher stores?

So basically for example you would tell them PBLMBL voucher for $120?

Highlighted

@canucks4life as @Rockdaddy22 suggested, Shoppers might be good too!  To the best of my knowledge, neitehr Shoppers nor Shell charges any fees either, whereas some people here have been charged at othen vendors.  I think Esso comes to mind but I could be wrong and there could be others.

So it varies based on real-time vs. regular vouchver.  Here's roughly how it works:

- Regular vouchers are sold in certain amounts (I don't recall the list but it's in the knowledge base somewhere I beleive).  You can buy more than one if say for example you need $120 and they're only sold up to $100 (hypothetically), then you could buy a $100 and a $20 or more.  You are charged tax on that amount.  You get a printed slip with a PIN numbers, which you can enter as a one-time payment in self-serve, and it will credit your account.

- Real-time vouchers are different in that they are available in any amount you want (I believe--I've never bought one but that's what I read a while back), and what happens is instead of them handing you a paper with a PIN you enter, instead you tell them your PM phone number and the funds are applied instatly to your account.  You are still chared tax as well, so again if you tell them I want $120, they will charge you $120 + (tax according to your location).  

Does that help?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted

Great info thanks again!
Highlighted

I would just stick to shoppers drug mart, they seem to all have them.
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for this link to a map of where Public Mobile vouchers are sold. It's good for me to know in case I need to get any either for myself or for friends amd family that are also on Public Mobile.

Highlighted
Oracle

@boywithnoname wrote:

Thanks for this link to a map of where Public Mobile vouchers are sold. It's good for me to know in case I need to get any either for myself or for friends amd family that are also on Public Mobile.

@boywithnoname It's known to be a bit wonky. Here are some known outlets:

• Esso
  • Shopper's Drug Market
  • Canadian Tire Gas Bar
  • Shell
  • Hasty Market
  • Ultramar
  • Uniprix
  • Walmart
  • WOW Mobile (will activate SIM too)
  • K Mobile
  • Jean Coutu
  • Pharmaprix

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Highlighted
Oracle

@boywithnoname BTW: did you know that registering a credit card for autopay gives you $2/30 days off EVEN if you continue to pay with vouchers! Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Need Help? Let's chat.