cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publicmobile.ca has undergone a refresh!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community!

As you may have noticed, publicmobile.ca has undergone a refresh. We’re happy to show you weeks’ worth of work, making our website simpler, easier to navigate and more accessible than ever! Note that these changes to do affect the Community. 

We hope you love the new look and look forward to getting your feedback.

-Public Mobile Community Team

63 REPLIES 63

Spellminer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Alright, cool!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Spellminer, The web site was refreshed a couple of months ago.  Unfortunately, some of the links simply redirect to the default landing page.  I think the 'How to Pay' page has the same sort of issue.

Remember, if you have any questions about the service, before, during or after activation, just ask.  If a member of the community is unable to help, you can always send a private message to the moderator team (these are actual Public Mobile employees), for further assistance (especially with account stuff).

Spellminer

Hey, I was having a look around the site, and when I went on the coverage page (https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/coverage), scroll and click the get a sim button, doesnt seem to do anything for me, just makes the page go side to side. Anyone else having this "problem"?

@kkalawi wrote:

Any chance PM can have a Canadian Text addon? I want a unlimited talk plan, but need sms occasionally to recieve verification codes etc. I very rarely send out texts. At least have it so that we can recieve texts.

Look at fongo.com or giffgaff.com; free incoming SMS. If giffgaff has some interest send me a private message for a free SIM.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Maybe in the future, but I don't see it for now... For now most plans (not all I know) are cheaper with SMS than without...

kkalawi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Any chance PM can have a Canadian Text addon? I want a unlimited talk plan, but need sms occasionally to recieve verification codes etc. I very rarely send out texts. At least have it so that we can recieve texts.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Bubba wrote:

this is like what Micsoft did to Office 2013...total whit out...and both of them hurt my eyes.

Not quite that bad, though.

Microsoft Office gave us an "intelligent" and "interactive" "Office Assistant" named "Clippit aka Clippy".  This animated paperclip was an utterly unhelpful, distracting, and annoying little twit.  Named a "profoundly tragic experiment in human cognitive-emotional responses to facial-based ergonomic software interfaces" by its own creators.

Public Mobile has tried to make their Simon chat support bot a little cutesy, even giving him a "personality" and an Elvis-style comb over.  But they haven't turned him into the same sort of epic failure as Microsoft's stupid talking paperclip.

Bubba
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Who knew you could replicate a NO FRILLS store from the 1970's/1980's on a website. Well done!. What happeended to the nice cartoon graphics?. 

this is like what Micsoft did to Office 2013...total whit out...and both of them hurt my eyes.

Even the ads on the TTC are ugly...it looks like it was designed my a 7th grade kid using MS Word 2007

Thanks for the pointing these out.

David_J

raphster

Too bad they left the user accounts page the same.  Wished you guys updated that page too - especially the billing section...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just noticed that since the refresh, some pages no longer exist...  Specifically, https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/how-to-pay, which is linked to from various other places on the web site. For example, from the KB article All About Payments (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-about-Payments/ta-p/22171), there is a link for 'pay with a payment voucher' (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/How-do-I-make-a-payment-with-... On this page, there is a link (near the bottom) 'Don’t have a Payment Voucher? Click here for more information.'.  the link target (http://publicmobile.ca/en/on/how-to-pay) is dead (you end up on the PM main landing page).

The same broken link exists at the bottom of the self serve login/registration page (How to Pay).

tzliu
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@David_J wrote:
Nope - we are working on it as I type. Thanks for all the feedback and kind comments on the updates.

It is great that PM has added "Get Help" menu item. 

"Getting Help"  will help many new users and provide comforting assurance and point to proper ways of seeking help when they need help.

Great work!

denkom

I'm liking the aesthetic changes to the community forum. 🙂

jlangdale

I love everything about your service and your site except your **bleep** credit card processing form. It's always a hassle to get it to work. I was thinking of getting my kid a plan with you, but this hassle with your cc forms makes me want to cancel my plan and switch to Kodo or something.,

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tzliu wrote:

As Publib Mobile is community supported and no phone to call, should Public Mobile has two separate MENU ITEMS on the top of page: Contact Us (pointing to how to contact mod_team under Knowledgebase) and Knowledge Base (pointing to Knowledgebase)? 

There are many questions being answered again and again.This will save new users a lot of grief and make easier for all users to look for information/help.  The downside - your community rewards may get cut down to half! 🙂 

I agree a contact us and  a FAQ  menu items  would solve many questions/problems.   

Nope - we are working on it as I type. Thanks for all the feedback and kind comments on the updates.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Brooke_C @David_J The new site changes have been reflected on top of the community side as well. Thank you for that. Please don't leave out self-serve and activation pages. 

fsm7268

thanks for making positive changes

@tzliu, unfortunately, too many customers fail to do their research before asking a question.  But hey, as a knowledgeable forum user like me, you can answer the questions over and over, and gain community rewards towards reducing your plan cost each cycle.

Yes, I wish others would research first, and yes, your suggestion has been made numberous times before, and yes, I’m commenting on this because I’m bored out of my tree.

Thanks for participating in the community.

tzliu

As Publib Mobile is community supported and no phone to call, should Public Mobile has two separate MENU ITEMS on the top of page: Contact Us (pointing to how to contact mod_team under Knowledgebase) and Knowledge Base (pointing to Knowledgebase)? 

There are many questions being answered again and again.This will save new users a lot of grief and make easier for all users to look for information/help.  The downside - your community rewards may get cut down to half! 🙂 

timmmmeh

The changes are beautiful!

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

IPad Air MD788 (2014 maybe)

older firmware 7.1.2 (11D257)

chrome 45.0.2454.68

happens on this iPads Safari (older version) as well.

it maybe this ipad or the older software as I don't update this ipad. 

The forums work fine. Just the main home page of the regular site. Shows like my screenshot then I have to school down for about 15 seconds to get to the links normally at the bottom of the page 

not a big deal if it's just me.. But thought I'd let you know. Maybe it's just the till April 2nd banner

@David_Jwrote:

@torontokris - can you message me with what version of Chrome and what iPad version you are using? We couldn't replicate what you were seeing.

Thanks - David_J

@torontokris - can you message me with what version of Chrome and what iPad version you are using? We couldn't replicate what you were seeing.

Thanks - David_J

We're looking at this to see if we can reproduce what you are seeing.

David_J

@matbasm - thanks for the feedback. Can you send a screenshot to me of what the plans page/ready-made plans looks like. I would like to make sure the blue LTE and orange 3G dots are showing beside the plan price point.

David_J

@danieljwrote:

For a new webpage, should of planned to be able to work with all the divers web browsers and internet devices.

Every business website should work (and should be tested) on Chrome, IExplorer, Firefox, and Safari.  That's basically >90% of all PC/Mac users and >99% of all mobile users.  More is better, but in reality there's little need to waste time tweaking and testing a website on each and every one of many dozens of other browsers.  The "mainstream" browsers basically set the de facto standards which less-popular browsers should strive to emulate ... and it's basically guaranteed that at least one of them is installed by every consumer operating system.

Cat LOL

The marketing messages are all spam

Any valuable info he can easily read online anyhow

I have been here since CDMA days and can not think of anything that I would regret missing

@will13amwrote:

Bad move.  Not all announcements are about migration.  Now you might lose out on other valuable information in the future.  Thicken the skin and ignore what's not important to you.  

danielj

For a new webpage, should of planned to be able to work with all the divers web browsers and internet devices.

torontokris

@CS_Agentwrote:

@torontokris, hello! Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please try Internet Explorer? Thank you! 

I am able to get to my account which is what I needed. But just letting you know for FYI. For new customers coming to the page they won't even be able to see the plans. It does the same in safari as well.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@torontokris, hello! Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please try Internet Explorer? Thank you! 

Need Help? Let's chat.