Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Points Joining Confirmation Email - Jan 24

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We’ve been notified that some customers received an email confirming their switch to Public Points, our new Rewards program that is launching tomorrow.  If you have received this email, please disregard it. You will not be switched to Public Points automatically - joining Public Points is optional for all existing Public Mobile customers.

This email was triggered accidentally, due to back-end testing and preparation before the official launch date. Not to worry, you will have the opportunity to switch over, if you choose, when we launch Public Points. 

Note:You will also receive another email from us that will confirm that you have not been switched to Public Points, and that you should disregard the email sent in error. We apologize for the mix-up!  

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team 

383 REPLIES 383

The reward system supposed to start this week.  So, maybe someone pushed the wrong button and converting EVERYONE onto it  ?

But it sound like a mistake and they will certainly fix it.  (I have high  hope on PM 🙂 )

Mcchen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got the same emails. So scary lol

BuhBuhRay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same here.  I did not opt in to that, and received the same email.  

alibaba2006

I got the same email, and I dont want to switch! I am happy with my existing rewards! whats the solution here.

JKMcCall

Yes, received the email and like you I am very happy with my current rewards.  Shortly after receiving the email I received the 2nd one thanking me for "switching to our new Public Points rewards program".  I certainately hope this is a mistake and gets corrected...  Not happy that this has been done automatically.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

PM already screwing up. 🤣 Probably should spend time fixing all the bugs in your forum updates before starting a new big points project. 

Thanks @David  for the screenshot.

Yes, doesn't look good.

There is another thread with more members reporting the same issue.  

I have tagged the Community manager in the thread and hope she will look into it

abmntx55

I received the same email also ("Subject: Congrats, you just earned 5 bonus Public Points") and in the body of the message I was thanked for switching to the Public Points program, when I did no such thing. I logged-in to My Account and it all looks the same (i.e. the old, money-off each month reward system, which I much prefer), and there doesn't even appear to be an option for switching to Public Points even if one wanted to.

Hoping this email was sent in error.

David
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have edited my original post to add a link to a screenshot of the email.

As of right now, my Self-Serve appears normal, but I'm not trusting what I'm seeing.

Ronnie2

I got the same issue.

@J_PM @CS_Agent  

At least 3  4 5  6 customers  (update: lost count of it already)have received the email this morning about they were already changed to the new Point system without their consent.  Do you mind to look into this and confirm if this is just a system glitch again?

this is another thread with the same issue:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/I-was-moved-onto-the-points-reward-system...

Bandsaw

I got the same email.  Not happy.  My bill just went way up.  No reason or incentive now to stay with PM.

chrisc42

Okay I'll try that, thanks!

@chrisc42  hi the info seems fairly vague at this time lots more questions than answers lol

chrisc42

Have you seen any change in your bill? When I log in to My Account, everything still looks the same so far

@Bandsaw  @chrisc42 

From what we understand, existing member should be able to choose 

Do you mind to post the screenshot of the email?

Bandsaw

Me too!!  What the heck!  Guess there is no reason now to stay with PM.  My bill just went way way up!

Not happy

0PX9O4

@chrisc42 

It's almost certainly an error since the points system has not even launched yet. I would suggest that you send a private message to @CS_Agent to ask for an explanation.

Let us know what they tell you!

zagster

Yeah I just got the same email and did also not change anything, so not sure if they are auto switching everyone or if this is a glitch of sorts

@David  

From what we understand, existing member should be able to choose 

Do you mind to post the screenshot of the email?

0PX9O4

@David 

It is almost certainly an error, since the points system has not even launched yet. Classic PM...

I would recommend that you send a private message to CS_Agent to ask for an explanation.

Please let us know what you learn!

chrisc42

Two days ago I got an email introducing Public Points, which said it would be opt-in only for existing members. Just now, I got an email thanking me for choosing to switch to the Public Points program and giving me 5 points.

I haven't seen any info about this program yet and I definitely haven't opted in to it. I'm happy with my current rewards and I don't want to change them, at least not until I know what I'd be getting with Public Points. I've been on this plan about 7 years now.

Did anyone else get volunteered to join this program? Does anyone have more details about it?

Thanks

EDIT: I got a response from the CS Agent confirming that this email was sent in error, that I'm not actually enrolled, that my current rewards are not changing at all, and that the new program remains opt-in.

David
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

To say I'm fuming right now would be an understatement.

I have just received an email informing me I'm now on the points reward system although I *NEVER* asked for this!

I like my current rewards way too much to ask for such a thing.

So my question to a mod is this:  mods, is this an error?  If you sent it out by mistake, alright. But if not, then please explain yourselves because I'm not pleased at all right now.

Thank you.

EDIT:  Here is a screenshot of the email https://imgur.com/a/kyEKhOz 

Need Help? Let's chat.