Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Points Joining Confirmation Email - Jan 24

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We’ve been notified that some customers received an email confirming their switch to Public Points, our new Rewards program that is launching tomorrow.  If you have received this email, please disregard it. You will not be switched to Public Points automatically - joining Public Points is optional for all existing Public Mobile customers.

This email was triggered accidentally, due to back-end testing and preparation before the official launch date. Not to worry, you will have the opportunity to switch over, if you choose, when we launch Public Points. 

Note:You will also receive another email from us that will confirm that you have not been switched to Public Points, and that you should disregard the email sent in error. We apologize for the mix-up!  

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team 

383 REPLIES 383

shimdog
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

They sent a correction email shortly after saying that the original was a mistake

jambotech
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The Public M is heading in the right direction..

BabakR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

ok thank you!

Double_J

Guys DO NOT SWITCH TO THIS NEW POINTS PROGRAM.  The new program is a major scam.  It is basically worthless and you will start spending a lot more money with these crooks.  

Time to switch to another provider.  Public Mobile is now garbage.  They are trying to trick you with 5 Points.  Its WORTHLESS.

Newfiescreech

Thank goodness , I don’t have to change to public mobile point system .Apparently we can stay the way things is or we can switch..it’s your decision and that’s the way it should be ..Thanks Public Mobile 

Shaw

Thank you

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Shaw 

It was sent in error, you can safely ignore it. PM has promised that no one will be put on the new points system unless they specifically ask for it.

Shaw

I received an email, thanking me for switching to the new public mobile point system. I never switched or changed anything. Can you look into it and let me know. I would like to still stay on the old credit system.

Hello All, 

Yes, it was an unfortunate error.

Public Mobile made an announcement about this today, see here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Points-Joining-Confirmation-Emai...

BabakR

I also got the same email - rather surprising since I have no idea what is going on. I definitely did not sign up for this new reward program nor request a change... hopefully it is an error and they will acknowledge it as such. A bit nervous to be honest!

Is there a way to check if nothing has changed with my account and the reward program? I'd appreciate to be able to confirm it so there's no doubt or confusion.

Thank you.

Justlikeme

I got the email as well even though I did not sign up to switch. I submitted a ticket I hope they resolve this. I did not consent to this change 

doni1000

Got that email. Seems nobody want the rewards program, so it is or will be forced. 😞

Jags

Lol, with my daughters previous carrier Freedom Mobile, they absolutely refused us the ability to speak to a human being. It was text only, took an extra hour to resolve our issue and I told them as soon as our commitment was over we'd leave. 

doni1000

Got that email as well. :(((

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Oh good. Was not happy to be voluntold I was being switched 

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I got that too! I’m not sure I want to switch I don’t think it’s a good value compared to what I have now 

KC11

This is the THIRD time PM' sent me erroneous email. Have PM learnt from mistakes?

Chris111

I have 5 accounts in my family and will cancel them all if they try to force this change, It is not fair !!!!!

KC11

Why PM keeps sending emails in error? Last two times were saying they couldn't charge my credit card ... It seems PM does not learn from mistakes ... 

BeachNBeer

@StillWaters ignore was sent in error

0PX9O4

@StillWaters 

The email was sent in error, you can safely ignore it. You will stay on the old (existing) rewards program unless you specifically ask to switch to the new points system, once it is launched (which it hasn't yet).

StillWaters

Hi,

I just received a notification from Public Mobile thanking me for switching to the "Public Points" rewards program. You referenced that the switch was made on a certain date, but there was no date shown.

I did not switch, nor intend to, until I have read more information pertaining to this new program.

Thank you.

HI @emjhay287   

There is no need to join if you don't want to.  Existing customers have choice to choose between the old and new system

If you have received an email today about you are already on the new system, simply ignore it as it was only sent my mistake.  Everyone is still on the old reward system and the new one is not launch yet.

emjhay287

I don't want to join the points reward, what do we need to do to not join? 

0PX9O4

You're very welcome my friend! 🙂

xu1jia2qi3

thank you

0PX9O4

@xu1jia2qi3 

You can ignore that email, it was sent in error.

xu1jia2qi3

Hi guys,

I received an email said that i switch to new points program, but i didnt do myself. How can i switch back to old one? I think the system force me to force to new one in my case because i didn`t do anything

thanks

Corpus_X

I have read the notice advising of the email mistake and I have this response just in case the email is a notice that could enact through non-response; I am notifying that I do not consent to any new system including but not limited to this new Points system. 

Thank you

RJR

Thank you.

Need Help? Let's chat.