Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Points Joining Confirmation Email - Jan 24

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We’ve been notified that some customers received an email confirming their switch to Public Points, our new Rewards program that is launching tomorrow.  If you have received this email, please disregard it. You will not be switched to Public Points automatically - joining Public Points is optional for all existing Public Mobile customers.

This email was triggered accidentally, due to back-end testing and preparation before the official launch date. Not to worry, you will have the opportunity to switch over, if you choose, when we launch Public Points. 

Note:You will also receive another email from us that will confirm that you have not been switched to Public Points, and that you should disregard the email sent in error. We apologize for the mix-up!  

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team 

383 REPLIES 383

two80one
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the prompt replies. 

@two80one    Yes others are also reporting receiving same email which was sent in error.   Here's the announcement explaining:   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Points-Joining-Confirmation-Emai...

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@two80one   

This email was sent out in error. Please disregard it. The Community Manager @Jade_S from Public Mobile has already made an announcement in an update to the publication of the Public Points System. The emails were sent out during their testing in the back-end system. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-Introducing-Public-Points/td-p/7...

Jags

I think its along the lines of "Hi, I'm from the government and I'm here to help"

two80one

I got an email yesterday about the new point program.  I don't care much for it, I like the old point system.

This morning I got an email saying "thank you for switching to our new public point program" ...

Uhh no, I didn't sign up for anything, put me back on the old points system.  I didn't agree to any of this.

Bandsaw

So, Round 2, I guess

Just got another email saying congrats on being switched to points and here is your 5 points.

I got some real doubts on staying with PM at this rate ....

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yeah I'm not sure if the old or new system is better for existing clients.. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@1952SilverFox   No, they didn't switch out anyone.  Please check your My Account and see if you still missing rewards, if so, please open a ticket with PM Support

click on the Bubble on the lower right or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.
Follow these these to get to ticket open page quicker:

1.  type: Contact CS Agent
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Other"
  4. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Zyl

@gentlepine wrote:

Thanks for the quick response. I scanned the announcements but must have missed it.

@gentlepine  Thanks for marking my reply as the solution.  Really appreciate it.  🙂

1952SilverFox

This has happened to me too but my when checking my account it looks like I HAVE been switched over and ALL my current rewards are now gone!!  So... have I been switched or not?  I am VERY confused and concerned about this as I never authorized the switch. 

Zyl

@missorange wrote:

same here. I did not click anything. but I receive the email saying I switched, and all my existing rewards are gone.

@missorange   Can you check again to make sure?  The points system has not launched yet so you should still have all of the existing rewards.  And switching to the points system for existing customers are entire voluntary. 

gentlepine

Thanks for the quick response. I scanned the announcements but must have missed it.

gentlepine

missorange

same here. I did not click anything. but I receive the email saying I switched, and all my existing rewards are gone.

Zyl

@gentlepine 

This email was sent out in error. Please disregard it. The Community Manager @Jade_S from Public Mobile has already made an announcement in an update to the publication of the Public Points System. The emails were sent out during their testing in the back-end system. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-Introducing-Public-Points/td-p/7...

@gentlepine 

Ignore the email. It was sent out by mistake.

gentlepine

Received an email today introducing the new Public Points system. It states "If you decide not to join, your current Rewards will remain the same." I did not click anything or opt into anything, I did not even have a chance to review the changes. A short while later I receive an email "Thank you so much for switching to our new Public Points™ rewards program on ."

What gives? Can I undo this? Seems really sketchy to say there is an option not to switch and then immediately force a switch...

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You're very welcome! 🙂

jgabbar

Thank you for taking some time to reply to my question @0PX9O4. I found that post after posting my question.

jgabbar

@Mod @Moderator I received an email this morning announcing the Public Points program, which also mentioned that it was optional for existing customers. I want to stay in the old rewards program, but a couple of minutes later I received another email confirming my account had been switched over to start using points. If I log in My Rewards I can't find that anywhere. How can I make sure I'm still on the old program and, if my account has actually been switched over, how can I go back?

Zyl

@Yummy wrote:

No such email for me. I would be very frustrated too if somebody switched me to this points system without me know EXACTLY what it is.

@Yummy  Good thing it was just a wrong email that was sent out and no switching has been made.  Imagine if they really did switch people without their consent.  This board will be a lot busier.  We would have to work a lot faster.  We have been responding to these posts all morning.  I better get the next level of community rewards for this month.  LOL  

pomlady
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Wouldn't that be nice lol. 

I also received the emails.  I am thinking if I don't have too switch then best not to.  Very confusing, it seems great the way it is and I am happy, unless this new program gives better rewards.

torontokris

thanks for letting us know I came to the foum just due to that notification (was a text not email)

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

No such email for me. I would be very frustrated too if somebody switched me to this points system without me know EXACTLY what it is.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_PM : I would say that this would be another perfect use of it. See what happens when something like this happens? We get a flood of the same question. Your CSA's likely get a flood of questions. It all completely wastes everybody's time. For what? Some inexperienced tech jockey tried out a setting on a live system with live customers. Wrong wrong wrong.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@igiul 

It was an error as acknowledged by @J_PM  here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Points-Joining-Confirmation-Emai...

Hopefully they'll send out a correction/apology email soon!

Zyl

@igiul 

Apparently this is an error. Please disregard it. The Community Manager @Jade_S from Public Mobile has already made an announcement in an update to the publication of the Public Points System. The emails were sent out during their testing in the back-end system.   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-Introducing-Public-Points/td-p/7...

Need Help? Let's chat.