Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Points Joining Confirmation Email - Jan 24

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We’ve been notified that some customers received an email confirming their switch to Public Points, our new Rewards program that is launching tomorrow.  If you have received this email, please disregard it. You will not be switched to Public Points automatically - joining Public Points is optional for all existing Public Mobile customers.

This email was triggered accidentally, due to back-end testing and preparation before the official launch date. Not to worry, you will have the opportunity to switch over, if you choose, when we launch Public Points. 

Note:You will also receive another email from us that will confirm that you have not been switched to Public Points, and that you should disregard the email sent in error. We apologize for the mix-up!  

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team 

382 REPLIES 382

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Disregard it was an error. The announcement point thread has already Been updated

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Eway wrote:

I received an email notified me that I was switched to the new Public Points Rewards program.   I don’t want to switch to the new Public Points Rewards, I want to keep my old Rewards program.  Please rectify and let me know that I am remaining in the old Rewards program. 

Apparently this is an error.  The Community Manager @J_PM from Public Mobile has already made an announcement in an update to the publication of the Public Points System.  The emails were sent out during their testing in the back-end system.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-Introducing-Public-Points/td-p/7...

chibuntam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just received email today that I switch to the new point system which I did not ask for.  I want to keep the old system 

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@chibuntam 

Don't worry, the email was sent in error, we are all still on the old system. See this thread for official confirmation: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Points-Joining-Confirmation-Emai...

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I was worried that something messed since I did not join and received the email. Thanks for the clarification

EDIT:

SEE THIS NOTE - you need not do anything, you won't be switched over unless you request it:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Points-Joining-Confirmation-Emai...

would ask the customer support agents to switch you back,  @chibuntam 

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

yellowpage

Same here. Received the switched over email. Very confusing...

Lor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just sent a moderator about this before I saw this post.  I was quite upset when i received the email as I did not even log into my account and do not intend to switch.  Thank you for this post

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for the quick update @J_PM .   Must admit it was confusing receiving that email this morning...

yellowpage

Thanks for the clarification! I don't have plan to switch over to the new reward system with all my lines. The email did surprised me!