cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile is now available at The Mobile Shop!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

In our quest to make it easier for you to purchase and activate our SIM cards, we are happy to announce that we’ve now launched at The Mobile Shop! There are nearly 200 The Mobile Shop locations across Canada, located in places like Loblaws and Real Canadian Superstore. Find the store closest to you by clicking here. As with our other retail partners, you will continue to have the option to activate at home or in-store, based on what you prefer.

If you happen to be near The Mobile Shop after we launch, we’d love to hear your feedback on how things are going.

-Public Mobile Community Team

75 REPLIES 75

viveksingh905
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Great!!!   i bought it today from Walmart in fort Mac. 

UFO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is awesome.  The mobile shop itself has a lot of great offers as well.  Together with PM, they will make the best combo!

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I went to the Scarborough Town Centre Superstore and bought a PM sim card from the Mobile Shop there.  I told the guy there that I went to PM's website and got the details.  I was able to buy it with my PC Optimum points in case anyone else wants to do this.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is awesome, adding more retail locations for pick up and/or activate gives potential customers more options to get teh service they need.  Great to see that PM is still focused on growing its business.  So much for those random nonsense roomers about PM shutting down it's business, that I was hearing a few months back.

@6500K wrote:

I told my wife to go and buy a sim card from the Scarborough Town Centre location.  When she asked the lady at the counter the answer was none of the cards are registered.  So my wife was not able to buy a PN sim card.

Total BS response from the person behind the counter

What does the sim cards not being registered even mean?  I sure hope that they haven't been regisstered before because used sim cards are useless and cannot be reused.  It sounds to me as if the person just made some nonsense up to avoid selling the Public Mobile sim card. 

The reason that they might be doing this is on a sim card only sale, they might make very little if anything on that, and would rather focus on selling a higher priced service that offers them a sales commission.  It's good that your wife didn't fall for it.

I told my wife to go and buy a sim card from the Scarborough Town Centre location.  When she asked the lady at the counter the answer was none of the cards are registered.  So my wife was not able to buy a PN sim card.

However, the agent offered her another phone & plan that seemed pretty good.  I am glad my wife did not take her up on the offer because I want to stay with PM for now.  I asked my wife which carrier the plan was on but she didn't know.

To cut to the chase, PM would you please ensure that we are not making unnecessary trips to these stores if the sim cards are not available for purchase yet.  If I had advised someone else to go there as well, they might have ended up with your competitors' plan instead because they would not have been able to buy a PM sim card and would have been lured by another competitor's plan.

You also get a free 1000 points by talking to the guys in the shop

No purchase required

@slash407 wrote:

remeber u can use pc points on PM

Public Mobile just launched at the Mobile shop

They are already phoning us to migrate to Koodo @Brooke_C

I mean obv sharing mailing lists but still....

fisher

good to know!!

@dancekimdance

You had a separate topic in a previous thread. 

What is your account balance presently?   Or are you having trouble with your new debit card?   Getting the card accepted by Public Mobile.  Some more details would be helpful.....   

dancekimdance
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can not make a payment I entered a new payment debit card because my old one was lost when I try to make the payment it says my account is suspended I have the funds but it won't let me make the payment how do I fix this

Channys

Excellent.

What are the chances The Mobile Shop will have any promotions coming up like the ones supplied through London Drugs and Walmart when Public was introduced at those retailers?

pakmode

@stonechucker wrote:

OMG, how long have I said this?  Use your own **bleep** retail spaces already existing, and have the PM SIMs available for those who request it specifically.

no need to offer in-store activation.  Someone who knows about PM already knows the activation process or someone who does.

This is totally a no-brainer.

EDIT:  Oops... I see I used a bad word 😞  Very sorry about this, I didn't realize I was cussing 😞  Not even sure what the word was now!

Occam's Razor:  The best solution is often the simplest solution. 

pakmode

This is great, finally have the opportunity to use some PC Optimum points.

danlee

Once again, PM I feel that customers in SK being left out, please do try to do promotion that reach out to SK region as well!

Zhuoyu

Great!

hamaida

Good news. Easy to buy  SIM  CARD...I am happy from your covered and services. I switch all my family to Public Mobile.

Jurri_jr

First time buyer and really enjoy it 

CanEdibles

Awesome!

Hailly

This is wonderful news!! 

JFF

It's always good to share this info, maybe time to upgrade my phone too. 😀

JFF

That's nice! 

OMG, how long have I said this?  Use your own **bleep** retail spaces already existing, and have the PM SIMs available for those who request it specifically.

no need to offer in-store activation.  Someone who knows about PM already knows the activation process or someone who does.

This is totally a no-brainer.

EDIT:  Oops... I see I used a bad word 😞  Very sorry about this, I didn't realize I was cussing 😞  Not even sure what the word was now!

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Good suggestion.  Worth presenting at the next Oracles connect.

@SD08 wrote:

@imm1304 wrote:

They don't want to offer a cheaper option that operates on theirw own network to a customer who walked in to buy something from them.  Thats why Telus stores won't sell anything Koodo either.  

@SD08 wrote:

It's nice to see the expanded retail presence.  Hopefully, there won't be any problems  with Mobile Shop refusing to sell unactivated SIMs like Walmart.

With all this effort to expand presence, why can't Telus and Koodo shops carry the SIMs?  I mean, if the middlemen (Walmart/Wow/K-Mobile/London Drugs/Mobile Shop) have to take their cut of each SIM sale, wouldn't it make more sense to have that middleman be Telus/Koodo, so the profits stay in the family, not to mention taking advantage of the retail infrastructure in place already?

Yeah, I get that they don't want to be undersold, but if a customer walks in looking for a PM sim, chances are they are not looking for a plan at a Telus/Koodo price point anyway.  They don't have to advertise  the sims or even have any signs indicating they carry PM sims.  The customer who already knows what they are after can ask for the unadvertised sims that they keep under the counter.   If Telus/Koodo won't carry them, the customer is just going to go get the sim from Wow, Walmart, etc. and that retailer will get the commission instead.

smp99

@imm1304 wrote:

They don't want to offer a cheaper option that operates on theirw own network to a customer who walked in to buy something from them.  Thats why Telus stores won't sell anything Koodo either.  

@SD08 wrote:

It's nice to see the expanded retail presence.  Hopefully, there won't be any problems  with Mobile Shop refusing to sell unactivated SIMs like Walmart.

With all this effort to expand presence, why can't Telus and Koodo shops carry the SIMs?  I mean, if the middlemen (Walmart/Wow/K-Mobile/London Drugs/Mobile Shop) have to take their cut of each SIM sale, wouldn't it make more sense to have that middleman be Telus/Koodo, so the profits stay in the family, not to mention taking advantage of the retail infrastructure in place already?

They don’t have to offer PM service to potential customers. They can keep it behind the desk in a drawer. Only there for those who ask for 

edit: oops  Ya - what he said. 

SD08

@imm1304 wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

Yeah, I get that they don't want to be undersold, but if a customer walks in looking for a PM sim, chances are they are not looking for a plan at a Telus/Koodo price point anyway.  They don't have to advertise  the sims or even have any signs indicating they carry PM sims.  The customer who already knows what they are after can ask for the unadvertised sims that they keep under the counter.   If Telus/Koodo won't carry them, the customer is just going to go get the sim from Wow, Walmart, etc. and that retailer will get the commission instead.

imm1304

@SD08 wrote:

SD08

MJN

This is definetly a good news that PM has more distribution channels. Being in a grocery store is so much more convenience. Now I could pick up a vocher while I am doing my routine grocery shopping. Yay!

mimmo

You can get them from Koodo authorized locations. But not koodo. Not sure the difference but I guess it's better than nothing. Or having  to order strictly online only 

Need Help? Let's chat.