Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile at London Drugs!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

As you know, over the past 12 months we’ve put a ton of effort into growing Public Mobile. Thanks to your continued support, we are growing each and every day and, as a team, we are excited for what’s to come over the next year.

Along these lines of growth, we are excited to announce that we are making it easier for you to purchase and activate our SIM cards by making them available at London Drugs stores. As with our other retail partners, you will continue to have the option to activate at home or activate in-store, based on what you prefer. London Drugs stores are predominantly located in Alberta and British Columbia, meaning that this launch will allow us to make our brand more accessible to our Western customers. For our friends out West, we hope you enjoy the added convenience!

If you happen to be near a London Drugs store after we launch, we’d love to hear your feedback on how things are going.

-Public Mobile Community Team

130 REPLIES 130

Lol **bleep** it!! They need to start getting the London Drugs franchise in Ontario.

Prabatha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am from Kelowna. Nice to see PM at both London Drugs and Walmart.

dorax1997
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The sales at London Drugs told me the deal ends on July 26.

gudeitaimu

Went back to London Drugs to activate a second line today.  Staff told me this $20 credit deal is on till August 16?  Can someone confirm because I thought it’s only till end of July.

dorax1997

Oh, I bought my sim card at London Drugs and the sales person told me I can still get the $20 credit if I choose to active at home later. So I went back home and actived it. Does this mean I won't be able to get the credit? Thanks!

lstokes
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Michael77 I work at a London Drugs in Calgary and activate Public!

RajDevani

Great Service!!!  

I got a response within 10 minutes and 'refer a friend' credits uploaded.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lstokes,

Hook you up? What does that mean?

gudeitaimu

Got a text message 14 hours after activation that $20 credit is in my account:)

lstokes

@Brooke_C @Michael77@That should be very possible. If you are interested, let me know and I can hook you up

Cheers,

Liam

@Michael77 wrote:

Hi @Brooke_C,

Can someone from Ontario who is visiting Calgary get the $20 bill credit from London Drugs?

Thanks.

I don't see why not? 

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Brooke_C,

Can someone from Ontario who is visiting Calgary get the $20 bill credit from London Drugs?

Thanks.

@SD08 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

@NDesai

Are we talking about the recurring $1 per month reward, or the one-time $10 referral credit? If it's the recurring monthly referral reward, I thought the moderators couldn't add this after activation, as noted previously here?

Yes, we are talking about the recurring $1 reward. What said before is now changed 🙂

@NDesai

Oh, that's good to know.  When did that change?

Not sure when exactly it was changed, but we found out about a week ago. 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

@NDesai

Are we talking about the recurring $1 per month reward, or the one-time $10 referral credit? If it's the recurring monthly referral reward, I thought the moderators couldn't add this after activation, as noted previously here?

Yes, we are talking about the recurring $1 reward. What said before is now changed 🙂

@NDesai

Oh, that's good to know.  When did that change?

@SD08 wrote:

@NDesai

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai wrote:

@TinaD wrote:

We moved to public mobile yesterday at London Drugs.....The transfer was fast and seamless though the rep had no idea what the plan offered! We had to do our own research! We asked a couple of questions and he just said look it up on the public mobile site! We moved 2 lines and unfortunately missed out on the refer a friend discount since we didn't read about it till after the transfer😞

Welcome to Public Mobile. 

All is not lost 🙂 You can still add the refer a friend discount to your account by contacting the Moderator_Team. You will need to authorize other parity's info in order to receive the rewards. 

If you have any other questions, let us know. 

@NDesai

gudeitaimu

Just activated my SIM card at London Drugs and it only took 10 minutes.  Data worked right away.  30 minutes after I left the store, I got welcome message from PM.  Talk and text are working too.  So far, it's been very smooth!

TinaD

Thanks! Good to know. I will certainly get in touch with them.

TinaD

London Drugs on Lonsdale Ave in North Vancouver.

RajDevani

Thank you for the bit of information - Much Appreciated.  🙂

lstokes

@TinaD Which location did you visit?

Cheers,

Liam

@TinaD wrote:

We moved to public mobile yesterday at London Drugs.....The transfer was fast and seamless though the rep had no idea what the plan offered! We had to do our own research! We asked a couple of questions and he just said look it up on the public mobile site! We moved 2 lines and unfortunately missed out on the refer a friend discount since we didn't read about it till after the transfer😞

Welcome to Public Mobile. 

All is not lost 🙂 You can still add the refer a friend discount to your account by contacting the Moderator_Team. You will need to authorize other parity's info in order to receive the rewards. 

If you have any other questions, let us know. 

TinaD

RajDevani

Unfortunately, the rep couldn't give us much info on the plans 😞

Just had to do our homework before we got activated...

RajDevani

We go two lines activated at London Drugs yesterday.

We were in and out in about 15 minutes....which was great!!

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

To clarify.  We have to activate at London drugs to get the credit until July 26.

The rep had me buy and said to activate at home on line. Saying it was easy and quick.

Update.  I mentioned the credit for activating and they were happy to do it.  Didn't see the credit yet but it's a Sunday .  The referral credit is already showing.  

@doe wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Yes, We confirm the deal! 😉

When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on any 30-day or 90-day plan at London Drugs locations from now until July 26, 2018 you will receive a $20 bill credit within 72 hours

Enjoy this hot deal!! 😉 

@CS_Agent Imagine you started a deal on Jul 15, someone saw it within a week, i.e. about Jul 21, and has just paid for their service with another carrier for the next month, i.e. until Aug 21. Thus if they switch to PM now, e.g. on Jul 25, they would have to pay for about 25 days of their service twice from Jul 25 to Aug 22: once to current carrier, which they have already done, and once to you - thus paying extra about $25-60 depending on plan so even with your $20 promo they pay extra. I believe it worth having any promo for at least 1.5-2 months to allow interested parties to take advantage of it.

If you are on a post paid account your final bill actually gets prorated only for the days you use so you are not paying twice for service.  If you are on prepaid then you have to decide if the $20 credit is worth it

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

doe

@CS_Agent wrote:

Yes, We confirm the deal! 😉

When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on any 30-day or 90-day plan at London Drugs locations from now until July 26, 2018 you will receive a $20 bill credit within 72 hours

Enjoy this hot deal!! 😉 

@CS_Agent Imagine you started a deal on Jul 15, someone saw it within a week, i.e. about Jul 21, and has just paid for their service with another carrier for the next month, i.e. until Aug 21. Thus if they switch to PM now, e.g. on Jul 25, they would have to pay for about 25 days of their service twice from Jul 25 to Aug 22: once to current carrier, which they have already done, and once to you - thus paying extra about $25-60 depending on plan so even with your $20 promo they pay extra. I believe it worth having any promo for at least 1.5-2 months to allow interested parties to take advantage of it.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Well at least London Drugs is better than Walmart. Sort of. 😂

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

thank you for sharing your feedback @mimmo, we're glad to hear that your recent experience at London drugs was a positive one 🙂

Have a great day!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **
Need Help? Let's chat.