Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile at London Drugs!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

As you know, over the past 12 months we’ve put a ton of effort into growing Public Mobile. Thanks to your continued support, we are growing each and every day and, as a team, we are excited for what’s to come over the next year.

Along these lines of growth, we are excited to announce that we are making it easier for you to purchase and activate our SIM cards by making them available at London Drugs stores. As with our other retail partners, you will continue to have the option to activate at home or activate in-store, based on what you prefer. London Drugs stores are predominantly located in Alberta and British Columbia, meaning that this launch will allow us to make our brand more accessible to our Western customers. For our friends out West, we hope you enjoy the added convenience!

If you happen to be near a London Drugs store after we launch, we’d love to hear your feedback on how things are going.

-Public Mobile Community Team

130 REPLIES 130

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Stopped by one of my local London drugs and was impressed by the staff knowledge about PM. They had brochures about the plans, and you could buy vouchers.  Its a much better rollout than walmart. 

They also have a number they can call to get help with activation issues should they arise. They however need a transaction id which means people can't go to London drugs and bypass the community.

srlawren

@SolomonT wrote:

Question. I work at London Drugs and I also created an account because I registered with you guys! I did not receive the $20 credit though. Any solutions?

This was answered on your other thread:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Retail/London-Drugs-20-off-first-month-Promo/m-p/2545...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

SolomonT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Question. I work at London Drugs and I also created an account because I registered with you guys! I did not receive the $20 credit though. Any solutions?

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I concur that this is great news.  London Drugs has sufficient staff, usually well trained and helpful and great customer service with many locations in BC, AB & SK & MB.

They normally have staff in that section until closing where I found Walmart might have fewer or no one it that area later in the evening. 

The $20 credit for activation and the $10 credit + $1 referral reward are great incentives and make it a risk-free way to try PM.  Curious as to why no free sim as Walmart had previously (now expired). 

PS: Might be helpful to add the $20 credit & it's expiry July 26 to the beginning of the thread.

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Brooke_C wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@Brooke_C Clarification needed on activations. Are all the retail partners able/willing to activate SIMs? WOW Mobile and K Mobile as well as Walmart/London Drugs.

Based on my limited experience adding London Drugs is definitely a coup. Robot Very Happy

Hey @Luddite,

Great question. At this time, Walmart, WOW! Mobile Boutique, London Drugs, K-Mobile and Koodo Authorized Dealer store reps are able to support you through your activation process. That being said, if you do choose to purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at any of our retail locations, you are not required to activate it in-store. This means that, if you would prefer to purchase the SIM card at a retail location, then activate it online at home, that is no problem at all.

Brooke

Brooke is there a way to communicate this to the retailers again as there are still stories of Walmart not selling just a sim and will refuse.  They will only sell if they activate.  Are we just to record the store we are at and report it back?

Hey @ShawnC13, we are constantly providing our retail partners with feedback on things that are working well, as well as areas of opportunity. So, if you do hear that this is happening, please make sure to inform our Moderator Team. Thanks!

stetanto
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That's great to hear! When will you be at the Stephen Ave location (8th Ave and 2 St)?

@NDesai wrote:

@Jorno wrote:

Brooke_C, would you kindly clarify Koodo Authorized Dealer?  Do you mean stores like Best Buy and The Mobile Shop or do you mean corporate branded Koodo Shop locations?

Anywhere you see “authorized dealer” below the Koodo sign.

The authorized dealers are all the non corporate (not owned by Telus) stores.  They are franchises. 

@skifan wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

No love for GTAers this time.   😞

The centre of the Universers feeling neglected lol

Thats fine since you have Doug Ford ( aka the Donald of the North).....whom you are welcome to keep. 😉

We really should keep politics and religion out of these discussions.  Horgan, Notley, Ford, it does come down to picking your poison. 

@Jorno wrote:

Brooke_C, would you kindly clarify Koodo Authorized Dealer?  Do you mean stores like Best Buy and The Mobile Shop or do you mean corporate branded Koodo Shop locations?

Anywhere you see “authorized dealer” below the Koodo sign.

lstokes
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'll let you all know that we do have access to back end support if necessary.

@mimmo wrote:

Brooke_C  by support you through the activation process do you simply mean activate the sim?   ie they have no access to the backend when activation issues arise and cutomers then need to message moderators directly. 

I watched a Walmart "employee" try, and fail, to activate an account and he was using the standard activation portal. When my (valid) card was declined he had no way to manage the issue.

And in passing not an actual Walmart emplyee, rather a 3rd party that rents space at Walmart. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

SD08

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi there !

Yes, We confirm the deal! 😉

When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on any 30-day or 90-day plan at London Drugs locations from now until July 26, 2018 you will receive a $20 bill credit within 72 hours

Ps: Brooke is from Public Mobile ;D

Enjoy this hot deal!! 😉 

That's okay, we had the in-person feedback interviews in Toronto, for which we received $100 account credits.  Smiley Tongue

@skifan wrote:

Thats fine since you have Doug Ford ( aka the Donald of the North).....whom you are welcome to keep. 😉

Not my choice for Premiere...going to be a long 4 years 😞

Why shouldn’t we share the PM love around, the GTA is the capital the Centre of the universe...  Let’s get TSC Stores on board for those of us not in the metro areas?

skifan

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi there !

When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on any 30-day or 90-day plan at London Drugs locations from now until July 26, 2018 you will receive a $20 bill credit within 72 hours

Enjoy this hot deal!! 😉 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi there !

Enjoy this hot deal!! 😉 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there !

Enjoy this hot deal!! 😉 

According to Liam on another threat, there is a London drugs promotion.  If you activate at London drugs, you can get $20 credit on your account within 72 hours.  Offer ends July 26.  Can anybody from Public Mobile officially confirm this deal?

dougc

A tad late for self,  but I have always personally  preferred to shop at a Cdn-based electronics store than u.s.,  whenever feasible !

Hope their learning curve is not tooo steep, as I will be referring any potential newbies to LD  vs the existing Wal' based 'kiosks',

Nite,

doug c

raulg

These are good news! Thank you

@Brooke_C wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@Brooke_C Clarification needed on activations. Are all the retail partners able/willing to activate SIMs? WOW Mobile and K Mobile as well as Walmart/London Drugs.

Based on my limited experience adding London Drugs is definitely a coup. Robot Very Happy

Hey @Luddite,

Great question. At this time, Walmart, WOW! Mobile Boutique, London Drugs, K-Mobile and Koodo Authorized Dealer store reps are able to support you through your activation process. That being said, if you do choose to purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at any of our retail locations, you are not required to activate it in-store. This means that, if you would prefer to purchase the SIM card at a retail location, then activate it online at home, that is no problem at all.

Brooke

Brooke is there a way to communicate this to the retailers again as there are still stories of Walmart not selling just a sim and will refuse.  They will only sell if they activate.  Are we just to record the store we are at and report it back?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo

@Brooke_C wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

Hey @Luddite,

Brooke

@Brooke_C  by support you through the activation process do you simply mean activate the sim?   ie they have no access to the backend when activation issues arise and cutomers then need to message moderators directly. 

retsina

This is great! London drugs in my area are much more accessible than Walmart, where I had to drive 10 minutes. 

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Brooke_C wrote:

Brooke

@Brooke_C, would you kindly clarify Koodo Authorized Dealer?  Do you mean stores like Best Buy and The Mobile Shop or do you mean corporate branded Koodo Shop locations?

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Luddite wrote:

Hey @Luddite,

Brooke

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Definitely a nice strategy in focusing on a particular region.  Gotta look at the growth in each sector and make the neccessary adjustments based on that regions demographics.  I'm not familiar at all with London Drugs stores, hopefully they get a lot of traffic in those stores.  Guess we'll see how this turns out.

CalvinW

This is good to hear! Walmart was a no-go. Went to multiple Walmarts in Edmonton, and none of them would sell a SIM card to me without activation. Just ended up purchasing the card online

meocon

That would be awesome if a promo is coming for a new place 🙂 

lstokes

Hi All,

As a rep at London Drugs, I'm very excited to be apart of your amazing community. I look forward to serving you all in person! If you are in Calgary, drop on by the Heritage location if you need a SIM/Voucher! 

Cheers,

Liam

Awesome news!  More locations offer more convenience for customers.  Hopefully, we will have similar promos like what they had for Walmart.  Free SIM, credit, etc.  

Need Help? Let's chat.