cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Public Mobile SIMs available for sale on Amazon!

@computergeek541 wrote:

@watungga wrote:

Why buy for $10 if it can be had at any store activated for free?

There is no guarantee of a free sim card in-store. Also, if that is a store that you don't normally go to, that's extra time/money spent  on gas/transportation.

@watungga  Additionally, PM has had numerous past promos that required online activation in order to qualify.  Activating in-store at a retailer would disqualify a customer from such promos.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I ordered SIM cards from amazon and public sites the same time and received the Amazon order in 4 days and the public ones in 3 days, Amazon had them in individual plastic bags, public does not. Just saying Smiley Happy

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

I ordered SIM cards from amazon and public sites the same time and received the Amazon order one day later, they also had them in individual plastic bags, public does not. Just saying Smiley Happy

You got Amazon order one day after direct Public Mobile order or one day later after ordering?  Amazon should be faster becauae of they give delivery gurantees for Prime orders.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

this is great.  i just tried to buy another sim from walmart and they refused to sell it to me unless they could activate it.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That is great news for Amazon prime, only 2 days!

That is great news

This is great, however definitely only if you are already purchasing other items. Cost is more via Amazon as no free shipping. Although the convenience of the options is still awesome, and if free shipping is available definitely more so. Still recommend just getting through public mobile site if purchasing as a single item, or even a store as the fee is just the $10.00. Shipping costs do cost extra so just keep that in mind.

@MistyParent wrote:

This is great, however definitely only if you are already purchasing other items. Cost is more via Amazon as no free shipping. Although the convenience of the options is still awesome, and if free shipping is available definitely more so. Still recommend just getting through public mobile site if purchasing as a single item, or even a store as the fee is just the $10.00. Shipping costs do cost extra so just keep that in mind.

Most Amazon customers would have to spend at least $35 on products shipped by Amazon to get free shipping.

However, I don't think that's what the purposes of this is.  Customers could just order from publicmobile.ca to get free shiping.  I see these sim cards on Amazon almost purely being targeted at Amazon Prime customers who sometimes have free same-day delivery options.  Although that option isn't always available, or same-day delivery can be pushed back due to shipping volume at Amazon, this gives the possiblity for a new customer to order a sim card in the morning and possibly receive it that same day in the afternoon.

Good News . Why the superstore mobile shop do not sell the sim card to me when i was no PM account .

Walmart wouldn't just sell me a SIM card, but would give me one for free if they did the setup. Worked well, still got all the benefits ($10 recommendation, $2 auto-pay). May have been a local deal, though, you'd have to ask.