cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Public Mobile SIMs available for sale on Amazon!

@PMFanatic wrote:

Awesome! I'm a fanatic of Amazon too. Combining two great online services ==> genius!!! Smiley Happy

Now if one already has one or two PM accounts why would this be "awesome"?

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@kav2001c wrote:

@sa7375 

The "Alvina" is a brand new seller account with no history and unknown inventory levels (could simply be reselling a single SIM they changed mind about using)

At $10 (incl shipping) Alvina is selling at a loss so unless Alvina is a cellular store with large inventory the comparison is irrelevant

@sa7375 wrote:

@Alan_K 

Great idea but with the added shipping the cost at Amazon ads to $15.85 (see snapshot pasted below). Ideally it should be competitive if one was to buy it from PM direct.

Interestingly, another seller at Amazon (Alvina) is pricing the SIM at $3.02 + shipping $6.98 = $10,00 total makes it logical (see 2nd snapshot). 

Suggestion. PM should price its SIM on the same lines as Alivna to make it competitive. 

SIM at Amazon-2.jpg

@kav2001c 

Indeed it could well be as you say, but I wouldn't like PM to look bad (higher) on prices on Amazon — for whatever the reason. 

Another idea that would help increase PM accounts would be to just offer FREE Sims. By offering free Sims sceptical persons would be able to try out PM and consequently discover that it's a great service equal to the best of the rest.

Oracle

@Beer wrote:

Another idea that would help increase PM accounts would be to just offer FREE Sims. By offering free Sims sceptical persons would be able to try out PM and consequently discover that it's a great service equal to the best of the rest.

PM used to offer free SIMs but they stopped that in late 2016 because they found that only 35% of SIMs were getting activated.

Could you have a referral number attached to Amazon for the $10 referral credit? That would make it virtually free!

or alteratively, they could use mine, lol.

Oracle

@chuck_grady wrote:

Could you have a referral number attached to Amazon for the $10 referral credit? That would make it virtually free!

It's the official PM SIM sales channel on Amazon we're talking about here, not an independent seller, so how would that work? In addition to the obvious privacy issue, whose number would they even choose to attach as the referrer?  Sorry, but this isn't a practical idea and it's also unnecessary.  When someone needs a referrer to get the $10 credit, it's not hard at all to find one in less time than it takes to order a SIM card.

zfx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How I wish I can buy this sim card at Dollarama for $4...

I mean at least sell it for a discount price like $8 on Amazon would be great

Mayor / Maire

International visitors get SIM before landing so they are guaranteed service + can tell others their temporary number beforehand

@Beer wrote:

@will13am wrote:

This will be fantastic for universalizing the brand.  I assume that shipping will be international and not just to Canada.  

I was under the impression that Telus/PM was only in Canada. 

The $4.03 Amazon shipping is just to cover the cost of the 4 cubic foot box the SIM will be shipped in!  Smiley Happy

Terry