cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile SIMs available for sale on Amazon!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

As you know, we’ve been on a journey over the last few years, expanding the many places Canadians can find, buy and activate on Public Mobile. Today, we’re excited to announce that our SIM cards can now be purchased directly from Amazon.ca!  If you’re looking for added convenience or extra-speedy delivery, this route may be for you. Sweet!

Perks of buying from Amazon

• Simple and convenient buying platform 
  • Amazon-supported order tracking + payment/refund solutions
  • Enjoy free shipping as an Amazon Prime user OR with a minimum purchase amount

To purchase a SIM from Amazon, visit this link. Don’t forget to rate us and give us a review while you’re at it 🙂

You can still order a SIM from Publicmobile.ca HERE with free shipping if Amazon isn’t for you.

-Public Mobile Community Team

88 REPLIES 88

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cory_c wrote:

Not too long ago I noticed my local Dollarama, in Toronto, sells sim cards for Lucky mobile. I think this is very convenient and a smart solution for short-term visitors / tourist especially since activation can be don by phone.  Personally, I wouldn’t trade PM for Lucky but you must agree it’s a good selling strategy on Bell’s part.

It depends on the contract between Dollarama and Bell.  If Bell has the exclusive right at Dollarama, PM may not able to sell its SIM cards at Dollarama.

cory_c
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Not too long ago I noticed my local Dollarama, in Toronto, sells sim cards for Lucky mobile. I think this is very convenient and a smart solution for short-term visitors / tourist especially since activation can be don by phone.  Personally, I wouldn’t trade PM for Lucky but you must agree it’s a good selling strategy on Bell’s part.

good

@rukawa0929 wrote:

I've seen some design changes to the sim card since the website has been revamped.
Will the sim cards ordered from Amazon and the website reflect this design changes?
Or if we order, we will just get the sim card from the previous years?

@SD08 has mentioned how the sim cards in his picture go back to 2018. Every sim card I've seen in last 6 months has been blue in color. When I first became a customer, the sim cards were mainly orange. The packaging of a sim card I got earlier in the week still has the old logo. I wouldn't be concerned about which design of sim card you receive. They are likely just different batches, possibly from different suppliers.

SD08

@rukawa0929 wrote:

I've seen some design changes to the sim card since the website has been revamped.
Will the sim cards ordered from Amazon and the website reflect this design changes?

@rukawa0929 

The SIMs which I ordered last week from the PM site and arrived this week were of the same design as in 2018 and early 2019, which looked like this:
https://pixl.varagesale.com/http://s3.amazonaws.com/hopshop-image-store-production/173587761/f717b42...

Makes sense, as there's no reason not to use previous stock simply because of a logo/style change. That said, it's possible they started to produce the new design and pushed them out to certain retail channels, so YMMV depending on where you order from.

rukawa0929
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Baconify

I am late to the game and just saw the SIM on sale in amazon thinking it was offered by some random 3rd party seller. Good that I double check it here and it is legit.

Perfect timing for me as I have some gc that I could use and am planning to open a new line soon.

@Pondball wrote:

I ordered mine from Amazon after lunch one day... and it was here the next day before lunch... can't beat that! No shipping charge with A_Prime either. I live in the boonies too, so it's not like it was going from one major city to another.

Now I just have to wait until PM finishes their system update to get hooked up.

I'm not sure why the need to wait. The maintenance doesn't start for another few hours.  Either way, I hope the your activation goes smoothly.

Pondball

I ordered mine from Amazon after lunch one day... and it was here the next day before lunch... can't beat that! No shipping charge with A_Prime either. I live in the boonies too, so it's not like it was going from one major city to another.

Now I just have to wait until PM finishes their system update to get hooked up.

BikerRay

Walmart wouldn't just sell me a SIM card, but would give me one for free if they did the setup. Worked well, still got all the benefits ($10 recommendation, $2 auto-pay). May have been a local deal, though, you'd have to ask.

kevinqqh

Good News . Why the superstore mobile shop do not sell the sim card to me when i was no PM account .

@MistyParent wrote:

This is great, however definitely only if you are already purchasing other items. Cost is more via Amazon as no free shipping. Although the convenience of the options is still awesome, and if free shipping is available definitely more so. Still recommend just getting through public mobile site if purchasing as a single item, or even a store as the fee is just the $10.00. Shipping costs do cost extra so just keep that in mind.

Most Amazon customers would have to spend at least $35 on products shipped by Amazon to get free shipping.

However, I don't think that's what the purposes of this is.  Customers could just order from publicmobile.ca to get free shiping.  I see these sim cards on Amazon almost purely being targeted at Amazon Prime customers who sometimes have free same-day delivery options.  Although that option isn't always available, or same-day delivery can be pushed back due to shipping volume at Amazon, this gives the possiblity for a new customer to order a sim card in the morning and possibly receive it that same day in the afternoon.

MistyParent
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is great, however definitely only if you are already purchasing other items. Cost is more via Amazon as no free shipping. Although the convenience of the options is still awesome, and if free shipping is available definitely more so. Still recommend just getting through public mobile site if purchasing as a single item, or even a store as the fee is just the $10.00. Shipping costs do cost extra so just keep that in mind.

yhedta

That is great news

Robert0437

That is great news for Amazon prime, only 2 days!

robertmay

this is great.  i just tried to buy another sim from walmart and they refused to sell it to me unless they could activate it.

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

I ordered SIM cards from amazon and public sites the same time and received the Amazon order one day later, they also had them in individual plastic bags, public does not. Just saying 🙂

You got Amazon order one day after direct Public Mobile order or one day later after ordering?  Amazon should be faster becauae of they give delivery gurantees for Prime orders.

Mountainmaxman

I ordered SIM cards from amazon and public sites the same time and received the Amazon order in 4 days and the public ones in 3 days, Amazon had them in individual plastic bags, public does not. Just saying 🙂

SD08

@computergeek541 wrote:

@watungga wrote:

Why buy for $10 if it can be had at any store activated for free?

There is no guarantee of a free sim card in-store. Also, if that is a store that you don't normally go to, that's extra time/money spent  on gas/transportation.

@watungga  Additionally, PM has had numerous past promos that required online activation in order to qualify.  Activating in-store at a retailer would disqualify a customer from such promos.

@watungga wrote:

There is no guarantee of a free sim card in-store. Also, if that is a store that you don't normally go to, that's extra time/money spent  on gas/transportation.

charlesgo

I would definitely recommend using the store locator as many Kiosks are availble (got my sim card at London Drugs here in Vancouver).  If no kiosks are available, Amazon Prime is a great alternative, especially if they can gaurantee 1 or 2 day shipping for you!

watungga

KB1325

Good that we can get the SIM on amazon now.  It took me a few tries to get mine since by the time I am off work and able to get to an phone booth, they are closed. 

Endymion

I can confirm that Toronto has same-day shipping for PM SIMs from Amazon. For those looking to get set up quickly but not in Toronto or Vancouver, it's also worth checking out some of the new mobile pop-ups PM is rolling-out-- I know that in my neighbourhood in Toronto, I also had the option of travelling about 15 minutes to buy a SIM same-day!

ppatel14

I believe only tor and van have same day shipping currently only. 

@tyedye00 wrote:

Fast shipping? sure!

For future, it could prove helpful to quote the person who are replying to so that's easier for everyone to follow the conversation.

In many cases, orderng from Amazon and using ""Prime-level" shipping may not yield any speed increase in delivery.  Public ships sim cards from the Toronto area, so it'a possible to get next day delivery in many places between Windsor and Montreal.  With Amazon, you're going to them for their guarantee of next day delivery, which will also be available to a wider range of locations within Canada.

tyedye00

Fast shipping? sure!

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Used Prime to order a new SIM for my wife. Great experience and no issues! We're looking forward to getting her on the $25 plan for some savings. Thanks, PM!

Bubbly100

Wow! That's really convenient for people who want a SIM card quickly since Amazon has great shipping! 🙂 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@ped Well AFAIK the SIMs are shipped via Canada Post expedited... if your mom is out of town, then she might not have a Amazon warehouse nearby.. so it might be a wash. The only advantage I see is if you pay with the new Amazon credit card you get some money back.
Need Help? Let's chat.