cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Public Mobile Retail Launch

jshmeek wrote:

That's just the thing, though. You have to wait 30 or 90 days without losing your balance. If you wait, chances are the good promo deal will be history.

I see that as a negative, not a positive.

@jshmeek

What do you mean?

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If my billing date on a 90 day plan is tomorrow, and I pay it, I have service for 90 days. If a week or two into that period a limited time offer comes up on another carrier and I port my number, I obviously lose the remainder of my service, unlike postpaid it isn't prorated.

xCameron94x wrote:

Its a bit better. You dont have to 'buy out" of your contract if you owe a balance on your phone, ect. Even if you pay off your tab before leaving, you're still spending more money just to get out of that contract. You can argue that most people are still using locked phones and dont know the benefits really of an unlocked phone. I havent been on a contract for years, but isn't there also an early cancellation fee, on top of paying off the tab?

And you can technically leave PM whenever. you're not really locked in for x amount of days, you just wont get your money back so you can take a loss there as well

@xCameron94x

It's been a while since I've been on contract, but I believe the early cancellation fee depends on how early in your contract you're cancelling, but doesn't apply after you've passed X amount of months, after that is usually $x/month remaining on your contract. I paid out of a Rogers contract many many years ago.

pwrdesign wrote:

Reality is..  the support on here is horrendous...

PM needs a phone app which will handle Self-Serve Capabilities as well as Community forum access all in one.  Including a Support section to help newbies contact moderators easier and check FAQs quicker...

Also would have a dashboard when opened that shows you your current usage for data, addons and more...

Why this hasnt been done already shows a lack of consideration to the average customer.

@pwrdesign

I know the mobile app is already in the Idea section of the forum, but have you checked to see if these other suggestions are? If not, maybe start a new idea thread.

canucks4life wrote:

So much for the good ol days...Free-->$5-->$10 darn inflation Cat Indifferent

@canucks4life

Given the short amount of time that happened over, it's a lot more than inflation! 

mimmo_L wrote:
There are a couple benefits from this:

1) we can sell our spare sims for $9 instead of 5$
2) No need to have spare sims on hand for emergencies

@mimmo_L

Smiley Surprised Now who's trying to gouge people?

Mayor / Maire

but i'd be saving them $1 plus taxes.  Wouldn't really call that gouging. Smiley Happy

jshmeek wrote:
If my billing date on a 90 day plan is tomorrow, and I pay it, I have service for 90 days. If a week or two into that period a limited time offer comes up on another carrier and I port my number, I obviously lose the remainder of my service, unlike postpaid it isn't prorated.

@jshmeek

I see. But it's the same if you're coming from another company because if you're under a pay-as-you go, you'll have already paid $x, if you're on a contract, you'll have paid $x that's pro-rated sure, but if you're cancelling a week after you've signed a new contract, I'm sure there's gotta be some sort of cancellation fee. And let's not forget the activation fee as well. Or if you're that hung up about it, get a new number for the remainder of your PM cycle and port your number towards the end of your cycle.

It all boils down to how badly you want the new promo, and how much you want to leave your current plan. I hated Rogers enough that I was willing to pay a significant cancellation fee + device balance to move over to Fido (pre-buyout - I was VERY disappointed when Fido was bought out Smiley Sad) on my measly student budget.

Mayor / Maire

More_Chaos wrote:

mimmo_L wrote:

@mimmo_L

Actually, that would be offering the buyer a savings of $1, since they can no longer get it from PM (or Walmart) for less than $10+tax.  An example of gouging would be someone charging $50 for a $5 SIM during the $40 4GB promo last fall.  I recall seeing that as an actual asking price.

SD08 wrote:

More_Chaos wrote:

mimmo_L wrote:

@mimmo_L

Actually, that would be offering the buyer a savings of $1, since they can no longer get it from PM (or Walmart) for less than $10+tax.  An example of gouging would be someone charging $50 for a $5 SIM during the $40 4GB promo last fall.  I recall seeing that as an actual asking price.

@SD08@mimmo_L

Actually, I'm inferencing the fact that the original SIMs were probably bought at the price of $5, and have now been inflated to $9 (cheaper than Wal-Mart prices, but still making $4 off each one - gouging) Smiley Wink