cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Public Mobile Retail Launch

Long enough to know I had to wait days before getting responses...

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Exactly...  double the price in store and online to protect the store purchases...  should at least offer a credit of some form towards service when doing something like this.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I don't mind the price of the SIM. 

But they could have introduced a $10 credit for new account signups thereby offsettng the cost of the account. Koodo does this for its Prepaid service. Small price to pay for garanteed revenue return.

And we would have eliminated 8 pages of complaining. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Luddite wrote:

Sorry, I completely DISAGREE with the pricing! Robot Sad

$10 is not no frills. The best that can be said is that PM is not leading prices higher just following. SIM cards in the England are still FREE mailed to your door at some carriers.

PM used to send SIM cards completely free, I got mine for free but didn't activate it until the 12 GB promo a few months later. They stopped because 65% of the SIM cards were not being activated.

See link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Seeing-our-SIM-cards-waste-away-made-us...

PM.gif

"We felt that we needed to make the change! We were sending out 1000's of SIMs and only 35% of those SIM cards were activated. That’s a lot of waste. There is something to be said about having a bit of skin in the game, so we’ve chosen to charge a small $5 fee per SIM card with no rebate to encourage you to only order SIM cards that you need. We appreciate your support in helping us reduce SIM card waste. We don’t like seeing little SIMon and SIMone tossed aside in your living room, or your car or closet, and especially not outside. It’s just so sad."

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's a good reason to price it.
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I guess that should say 65% of the sims were not being used. 100-35% = 65% not 75%

Not a big deal just saying.

Oracle

Just saying lol

I was going to say it lol
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Has there been any word if these Walmart locations are selling payment vouchers as well?

Mayor / Maire

canucks4life wrote:

Has there been any word if these Walmart locations are selling payment vouchers as well?

From the OP:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Mobile-Retail-Launch/m-p/170588/...

Question: Will you also be selling top-up vouchers at Walmart stores?
Answer: We are working to launch this as soon as possible.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Raven_Jet wrote:
SIM cards are getting more expensive. I remember the last one I bought before switching to PM was $20 before tax!!!

@Raven_Jet

Oh my! Where did you get it? Most stores go for $10 + tax...