Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Launches in K Mobile

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We’re pleased to announce that our SIM cards will now be available to purchase at K Mobile!

FAQ:

Will I still be able to purchase a SIM online?

Yes, and you can do so by clicking here

Where can I find K Mobile locations?

You can find locations by clicking here

Will you also be selling top-up vouchers  at K Mobile stores?

Yes, K Mobile carries $10, $15, $20, and $50 denominations.

Will I be able to get account support at K Mobile stores?

No, all account support is online via our awesome Community.

44 REPLIES 44

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good to see it is getting more accessible.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@Brooke_C thanks for sharing this good news!!

And yes, I have seen K Mobile stores arounds.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I never heard of k mobile until now.  I looked through the site and there's quite a few locations in the GTA.  I don't use vouchers myself.  Better access definitely will help the brand.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@imm1304 wrote:

This is good news.  Slowly but surely, PM sim cards and vouchers are becoming more accessible.  Sure, K-mobile seems to have only a dozen shops for now.  But thats a dozen more locations which just opened up to PM customers that we didn't have access to before. 

now all we need is reps at these locations to promote PM. I popped into a wow mobile and asked the rep for any reccomendations for qa 2gb plan, he never even considered mentioning  neither PM nor Chatr,  Koodo was the least expencive.  I left it at that and walked away.

Good to see another retail location although count me among the ones who never heard of K Mobile (1 location really close to)

imm1304

This is good news.  Slowly but surely, PM sim cards and vouchers are becoming more accessible.  Sure, K-mobile seems to have only a dozen shops for now.  But thats a dozen more locations which just opened up to PM customers that we didn't have access to before. 

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Great to see K Mobile will have SIMs and vouchers.  Agree with @mimmo, when can we expect to see the password reset function working correctly?  Its high time this is corrected.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Never heard of them. 

Ah, no stores in Ottawa , the closest is Montreal and then Toronto. 

I tried 3 different browser this morning, and could not get a response from the Voucher query.  Frustrating!!!!

However, I don't need it, as I'm on AutoPay also.

mimmo

@Brooke_C  I do agree with boh shawn and stonechucker the voucher finder needs to be fixed, wen i use it (for Victoria BC) it shows a  the wrong store name, a local address, and  whrong map.  Screenshot (1).png

Since we are discussing fixing a part of the website  any idea when the password reset  feature will be fixed?

@Brooke_C, I don't require vouchers as I am on autopay but many members do and the "Voucher" finder on the site here doesn't work.  I do not have a WOW or K Mobile near me and I am sure that is the same for many other members.  We are just hoping to get the Voucher Location search feature fixed for the members that require them as their only means of payment or emergency payment if something goes wrong with a credit card.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Hey @stonechucker and @ShawnC13,

Vouchers are available at all K Mobile locations (and they are currently available at WOW! as well). They may not be as visible as the SIMs cards, so if you are specifically looking for vouchers be sure to visit the cash desk and ask a rep. 

Thanks! 

Being a person who doesn't travel, I've never heard of K Mobile either, and I'm only 90 minutes away from the closest one.  It's great for another location, but as @ShawnC13 mentions, vouchers need to be addressed.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Brooke_C, great to hear of another retail location.  I have never heard of K Mobile out here on the West Coast.  I see there is a link to find locations which is great but do you know when they will update the link as to where to find Vouchers.  That has been a constant request by customers for quite awhile now that are having a hard time finding them.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.