Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Launches in K Mobile

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We’re pleased to announce that our SIM cards will now be available to purchase at K Mobile!

FAQ:

Will I still be able to purchase a SIM online?

Yes, and you can do so by clicking here

Where can I find K Mobile locations?

You can find locations by clicking here

Will you also be selling top-up vouchers  at K Mobile stores?

Yes, K Mobile carries $10, $15, $20, and $50 denominations.

Will I be able to get account support at K Mobile stores?

No, all account support is online via our awesome Community.

44 REPLIES 44

bestguide
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If someone looking for PM sim cards or vouchers, I suggest to visit K MOBILE, 30 EGLINTON AVE WEST in Mississauga,

crazycolby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

good to know, thanks

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hinamirza,

Unfortunately, I don't think so. 😞

hinamirza
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Noosiekins
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I too have never heard of of K Mobile in the West...

I went and asked Wow Mobile at Metrotown about the Public Mobile Sim and they just shrugged and didn't even care to entertain me cause they know nothing about Public Mobile LOL 

smp99

Telus/Koodo would not have to promote PM at all. They could even leave the SIMs behind the counter. The only people who would buy a PM sim at a Telus store, are those who already know they want one even before they enter the store.

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

In other posts, I have mentioned things along the lines that Telus and Koodo should Public Mobile sell sim cards. The main reason I can think they would not do that is due to Telus and Koodo being more premium brands and more profitable not wanting to cross market a less profitable brand. But the need to remember to better to have a piece of the action than to have the business go some where else.

Michael77

@smp99,

Yes, Telus and Koodo should sell sim cards.  Great idea. 🙂

smp99

I really don't know why Telus and Koodo stores don't sell them. 

Telus stores now offer customer service for Koodo, so you can't say they don't want to promote the discount brand

Rabbi

@Brooke_C please add all stores like jean coutu,uniprix,pharmaprix

Well, At Lucky, all the Marshmellows across the Rainbow, It's Magically Delicious

Lucky Canadiens

I think, NOT

randolphbenoit

Yup store finder is bugged. Also never heard of K Mobile so another option useless to most. just add bank debit and paypal ad all be happy.

Bell now coming out with Lucky Mobile I bet that will not last long.

WearySky

Also never heard of them, despite there being one less than 10km from me.  Lol!

pakmode

@smp99 wrote:

So, to be clear, Circle K and K Mobile are 2 different things. I just noticed a local Macs is now a Circle K.

Yes. 

smp99

So, to be clear, Circle K and K Mobile are 2 different things. I just noticed a local Macs is now a Circle K.

Michael77

Great news. I don't think this retailer has stores in Toronto. But good for those who have them. 🙂

StickySituation
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've never heard of K-mobile. Too bad there aren't any around where I live

danielj

In one way, I am glad Public Mobile is getting a bigger retail presences. A way of increasing the accessibility and awareness of the brand. Especially the accessibility of SIM cards during promotional periods.

On the other hand, increasing the retail presence does not go with the original offering Telus had for Public Mobile. Of no frills, online, community supported, and affordable brand. By increase retail presence and the pricing of SIM cards this some how seems to go against the original plan.

K Mobile also does not seem like the greatest move. Of what I could see online they have very few locations and low brand awareness. I did not even now they had a location close to where I live. They had taken over the local location of Public Mobile from before Telus took PM over. The local location seems like a dive. If they just want to make SIM cards more available PM could just focus on the big box stores. Like what they want cell phone stores so people have some were else to go for support besides PM themselves or the community.

Moves like this and the concerts it makes it difficult to judge who Public Mobile is attempting to market to any more.

Should focus on the basics, provide a good network for a fare price and forget the gimmicks. If we wanted higher prices, gimmicks and other the other stuff we would go to Telus (or Koodo).

@sazharrizvi Please create a new topic with a more detailed description. Delete any personal info as the is a public forum. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/Discussions

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

sazharrizvi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
First Name

Last Name

Address 1

Address 2

City

Province
  AB BC MB NB NL NS NT NU ON Other PE QC SK YK 
Country

Postal Code

Alternate Phone Number (10-digits)

denkom

I've also never heard of K mobile but glad to see PM popping up in more stores! Smiley Happy

pakmode

Good to hear - though like the majority here - I too have never heard of K mobile. 

Initially I thought it was a kiosk in Circle K convenience stores - but that doesn't seem to be the case either lol. 

texwood

I've never heard of K-Mobile previously; will keep an eye out for it.

dna2016

Great to see PM continuing their expansion.  Great job.  This is always a great sign.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@makkahn28 you would have to compare to the PM plan selector. but i thibk they are the same.  the /month is wrong and i think they are 90 day terms. but that is from memory, i didn't double check with the PM website).  would have to check the details button under each plan.

edit: the detail link takes you to the contact form.

@makkahn28, I also find this misleading as it says unlimited minutes.  There should be an * with  note saying *Province Wide Calling

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Just curious, as I would think that IF ALL this is to be done on Public's web, Does K-Mobile have the Permission for this BEYOND the Sim and Vouch?

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I noticed that for K-Mobile, the Plan's they list on their website in regards to PM Plans, K-Mobile listing these InfoK-Mobile PM Plan 4.JPG

K-Mobile PM Plan.JPG

K-Mobile PM Plan 3.JPG

K-Mobile PM Plan 2.JPG

Is this Valid?

shartomjam

Interesting addition.  I guess more availability is always good.

Need Help? Let's chat.