cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

Re: [Price Change]: $70 for 15GB, now $60/mo.

@dicecube 

and then add $5 every year after that. it's still a good deal. if I weren't taking advantage of rewards. I could see one switching. for me personally I like being able to lower my bill rather than having a big data plan. if I were to switch to the $60/15.5gb plan it would cost me around $18/15.5gb because of the rewards I've accumulated. I also have the ability to make that plan to $0/15.5gb. I know this isn't common, but for me there isn't any provider that compares anymore...

softech
Mayor / Maire

@dicecube wrote:

Virgin Mobile is offering $45 for 17gb of 4g LTE for 2 years and it will be $55 after that.

No contract, right?  you can leave after 2 years when the higher price kicks in , right??

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@softech wrote:

No contract, right?  you can leave after 2 years when the higher price kicks in , right??

A two year commitment - with an obligation to complete the term and penalties for quitting early - sounds exactly like a contract to me.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dicecube 

It also means for 2 years you don't have the flexibility to change your plan based on need. If another lockdown occurs you will have to continue to pay for a higher priced data plan than you need.

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

Better, but still not great

I think that whar.customers really want to see is the elimination of the "3g" plans.

It's about to be 2022, but we are getting speeds that were standard in 2007. 5G is the new standard, so can't the 3rd tier carriers stay just one generation behind with 4G (21-42 Mbps) speeds? 

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@WoozyPolarBear 

I think we'll see it a year after 2nd tier adopts 5g

jib_tech
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Jade_S 

That's more like it!

Hawkeyerffr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does this include roaming in the USA 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Hawkeyerffr 

No only calling to the US. Currently pm only has 10 day roaming add ons for the US.

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I guess it is a step in the right direction...

Need Help? Let's chat.