cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Price Change]: $70 for 15GB, now $60/mo.

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community, 

We have some exciting news to announce today. Effective November 12, 2021 the $70 15GB plan will now be priced at $60, a $10 reduction!

At Public Mobile, we are constantly looking for ways that we can make our services more valuable for our customers.  All of our plans include: Call Display, Voicemail and Conference Calling.

What does this mean for you? 

Existing customers can change their rate plan to the following:

• $60 per 30 days
  • 15 GB at 3G speed (per 30 days)
  • 500MB BONUS data when you sign up for AutoPay (per 30 days)
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and U.S minutes
  • Unlimited International Text

Important things to know: 

• Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed
  • Previous promotions that have been applied to the account that have been indicated as ‘non-stackable’ will be removed when you switch to this plan. To see if a promotion you currently have applied to your account is ‘non-stackable’ please check the terms of that specific promotion. 

How to get this offer: 

1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$60 for 15GB + 500MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile plans, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

63 REPLIES 63

I see they snuck in a $70 plan again. It makes it look like this whole "discount" was just the first part of a restructure into Three Big Plans.

$50 Unlimited Talk (Canada & USA), 10GB "3G Speed" Data (Canada)

$60 Unlimited Talk (Canada & USA), 15GB "3G Speed" Data (Canada)

$70 Unlimited Talk (Canada & USA), 20GB "3G Speed" Data (Canada)

(+500MB with AutoPay, +2GB for new activations with 2GBBONUS promo code)

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

sdthenc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sounds exciting!

Thank you

@sdthenc wrote:

Are other plans due for a change?

doubt any more change coming soon,

but come back in the next couple days, hopefully, just hopefully, there will be good news for Christmas Give-a-way  🙂

sdthenc

Thank you

@sdthenc wrote:

Nothing has been announced. Any official change will be either announced by a Public Mobile marketing team member or posted on the plan website page at publicmobile.ca.

sdthenc

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@J_PM 

Good one on the price change. It's nice to see prices get lower not higher.

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@murpharator 

I'm on the $15 plan paying $9 a month now with rewards. Down from $81 with fido. I am so happy I switched.

Dodex27

Yeah be nice to make it 4G/LTE

@murpharator 

On average since I have been here pm makes price adjustments at least every 6 months or so....

@murpharator  no one can predict that.  It's just a regular business "activity".  Usually if competitors have better plans, PM will adjust and follow.

But good news is that PM is prepaid and no contract, so, you an change your plan whenever you see better one comes out

murpharator

Hi, how frequently does public mobile make price changes?

jib_tech
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@murpharator 

With rewards you can lower the $15 plan to $13 right away with the autopay reward. Get a couple of referrals to lower it even further and in a year loyalty will kick in and suddenly you have a $10 plan cost.

@murpharator 

The $10 plan wifh no effort rewards ( $2 Autopay and $5 loyalty after 5 years)=$3 per month. With The one time purchase $5/500min Canada wide add on that rolls over every month until completely consumed supplements the plan when extra calling is needed. By this same token the $15 plan becomes $8 per month. It can also be suspended for up to 90 days when not needed at all for no charge and you can maintain active voicemail. With smart stacking of promotions and credits you can pay about $50 to recieve up to 8 months of service with promotions and credits equally $210+. You can get cheaper than that.

murpharator

I was looking for emergency plans for driving because I usually use wifi. I was just curious haha. The cheapest plan I've seen was a 5$ per month plan with 100min call per year for Bell if I remember correctly. It was a couple years ago.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@murpharator : Yes they used to have a $10 plan that had 50 total Canada-wide minutes and 50 outgoing texts (unlimited incoming). I have 3 of them. Buying or getting data add-ons comes in as full 4G because there's no plan data.

murpharator

nice, I was wondering if back then they had a cheaper plan than the 15$ one?

To pay for the whole year, they probably sold some of their Apple stock.   lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rfudge 

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

Spoiler

and try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

Pay for your services online (publicmobile.ca)

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

1. Click on Payment

2. Make a Payment

3. one Time Payment 

4. you will see your Amount Due:$$

5. Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )

6. how much you see at Amount Due:$ ! you will do manually enter Amount:$$ + you collect how much your plan and put for full 1 year +$1 extra

7. Tax: will collect automatically,
8. Click ‘Submit’,
9. after payment gone through, you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

10. and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$ ! has the amount left, and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

if you can't fix it you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to 
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account number, 
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rfudge : A year?! You may not be aware that the policy here is no refunds. If there comes an opportunity that you just can't refuse and you want out...you can't take it with you.

@rfudge wrote:

I am just trying to pay for the year for the phone plan, but the system will not take either of my credit card or debit card.  What am I doing wrong?

@rfudge   you have a credit card on the system already?  If so,  did you try this?

Go to the payment tab, click One time payment

E-Paymt-AmtDue_Other.png

first try to pay by Amount Due, if it works, good (if not, then try to pay by "Other" and enter the plan amount +$1)

once payment gone through, check if there is any button "Reactivate current plan", if so, click on it (if not, it's ok)

then logoff from My Account, and reboot your phone and you should be good

rfudge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am just trying to pay for the year for the phone plan, but the system will not take either of my credit card or debit card.  What am I doing wrong?

stevenanto

I guess it is a step in the right direction...

@Hawkeyerffr 

No only calling to the US. Currently pm only has 10 day roaming add ons for the US.

Hawkeyerffr

Does this include roaming in the USA 

jib_tech

@J_PM 

That's more like it!

@WoozyPolarBear 

I think we'll see it a year after 2nd tier adopts 5g

WoozyPolarBear

@computergeek541 wrote:

Better, but still not great

I think that whar.customers really want to see is the elimination of the "3g" plans.

It's about to be 2022, but we are getting speeds that were standard in 2007. 5G is the new standard, so can't the 3rd tier carriers stay just one generation behind with 4G (21-42 Mbps) speeds? 

Need Help? Let's chat.