cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: [Price Change]: 1GB Data Add-on Now $15

The data add-on is 1 GB each time you purchase it.  It will remain in your account and roll over to the next month until it is used up.  You would have purchase it each time as it does not automatically get added to your account.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

OK.  Somehow I missed that "little" detail.  Thank you.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I assume though that you could buy several all at once so that you don't have to keep going back in to buy another one. Nothing lost Doing it this way other than paying up front.

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

However if one uses close to 1GB per 30 days on top of the initial plan upgrading the plan is a better choice....

Sorry, on the phone, can't quote...

Reply to @AE_Collector and @vexter 

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@vexter 

on the main plan page still shows as $30 not $15 so it’s easy to miss it.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@fdrcamb519  That $30 plan on the main Plans page is an LTE data only plan that does not include a number or voice/texts and needs a sim. The add on in the add ons section is different than this and is to complement your current plan if required and doesn't need a sim outside of the one required for the base plan..

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@vexter wrote:

So I bought the 1 GB data to supplement my $15. plan last month to use in the internet dead zone of Lake Erie.  I thought the add-on added 1 GB  every 30 days until I stopped it. Did I misunderstand?  Is it a one time only thing and I have to manually renew/buy more GBs every month? 

@vexter 

That is correct. The data add on will roll over each month until it's fully consumed. This way your not dinged every month for an add on that you may or may not need unlike other providers that require you to cancel it before the end of your billing period.

If you do anticipate that your next 30 day cycle you are going to require more data than your current plan contains you can easily schedule a plan change on next renewal to accommodate that need with a higher rate plan that charges less for monthly plan data than add on data. Just make sure the plan change won't effect any promotions you might have from your activation or a grandfathered plan that is no longer offered first before scheduling the change or cancel a planned scheduled change before your renewal to preserve your original plan.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We are at the cottage for about 4 months.  Then I am at home where there is wifi.  Besides which I do have a discount so data and plan will actually only cost me $25. monthly for those 4 months. Next summer I will likely take your advice. 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Smart move. Have same plan & cottage. Saved 2 free Gb for the summer & may need 1 or 2 more @ $15. Installed a WeBoost antenna system & that really helps!

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ah! How does the WeBoost antenna work?

Tags (1)
Need Help? Let's chat.