Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Price Change]: 1GB Data Add-on Now $15

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community, 

We have some exciting news to announce today! Effective May 22, 2020 the 1GB Data Add-On will be priced at $15, down from $30! This new price had been previously available as a limited time offer, but we’ve made the decision to change the price permanently after hearing so much positive feedback from the Community. At Public, we’re for you and we’re constantly looking for ways that we can make Public Mobile services more valuable for our customers. 

To get your $15 1GB Data Add-On, follow these steps: 

1.Log in on Self Serve

1. Ensure you have sufficient funds in your account. If not, make sure to top up. 
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons”
  3. Select “My Add-Ons”
  4. Select the 1GB Add-On under ‘Data’
  5. Click ‘Buy Add-Ons 

- The Public Mobile Team

261 REPLIES 261

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Ell 

No, this is an add-on, these is in addition to your regular data allowance. It will be used only after you use up your data and what ever is left will not expire but stay with you until you use it up. It's a great cushion to ensure you are not cut off when you use up your plan data, or those months when you need a bit more but you don't want to switch (and possibly lose if it's not offered anymore) your plan

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Ell No this only refers to buying an additional 1GB add on of data for use with whatever plan you happen to have. It never expires, on your account until you use it all up.

Ell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does this mean you get 1 GB and Canada wide unlimited talk and well as worldwide text for $15. instead of the current $25.?

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@andlock I find it happens on my phone when I try to tap the submit button & it accidentally tap the reset password link below the button. It would be nice if PM could put some space between them for the mobile version of that page.

andlock

It is good thing, I am happy to get my the deal

Thanks

Is any one having problems signing to their account. I have been asked reset and password two times

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bluejaywpg wrote:

@cavemantoronto It just so happens that I joined PM the same day this price drop was announced. So PM became even better than what I was expecting!

Welcome to PM and enjoy your saving with PM.

bluejaywpg

@cavemantoronto It just so happens that I joined PM the same day this price drop was announced. So PM became even better than what I was expecting!

@bluejaywpg 

Not great, just bettter than $30. When home internet companies offer unlimited data for cheap, $15 for 1GB is very expensive.

Katerinah

very convenient to buy the data only when you need them...

bluejaywpg

I recently bought 1 GB when visiting a friend for the night in rural Manitoba who just bought a property & didn't have internet service yet. This is great for those one time occurrences of heavier than normal data usage!

Jazz37

The WeBoost system is available from Wilson Amplifiers for $250. You need a cell phone signal even very small, to amplify. The outside antenna must point towards the nearest Bell or Rogers tower and it connects to an amplifier in the cottage followed by a connection to a small indoor antenna. Now you have a stronger cell phone signal for all functions including data. I am really pleased with the results & free WiFi! 

Werden203

Ah! How does the WeBoost antenna work?

Jazz37

Smart move. Have same plan & cottage. Saved 2 free Gb for the summer & may need 1 or 2 more @ $15. Installed a WeBoost antenna system & that really helps!

vexter

We are at the cottage for about 4 months.  Then I am at home where there is wifi.  Besides which I do have a discount so data and plan will actually only cost me $25. monthly for those 4 months. Next summer I will likely take your advice. 

@vexter wrote:

So I bought the 1 GB data to supplement my $15. plan last month to use in the internet dead zone of Lake Erie.  I thought the add-on added 1 GB  every 30 days until I stopped it. Did I misunderstand?  Is it a one time only thing and I have to manually renew/buy more GBs every month? 

@vexter 

That is correct. The data add on will roll over each month until it's fully consumed. This way your not dinged every month for an add on that you may or may not need unlike other providers that require you to cancel it before the end of your billing period.

If you do anticipate that your next 30 day cycle you are going to require more data than your current plan contains you can easily schedule a plan change on next renewal to accommodate that need with a higher rate plan that charges less for monthly plan data than add on data. Just make sure the plan change won't effect any promotions you might have from your activation or a grandfathered plan that is no longer offered first before scheduling the change or cancel a planned scheduled change before your renewal to preserve your original plan.

@fdrcamb519  That $30 plan on the main Plans page is an LTE data only plan that does not include a number or voice/texts and needs a sim. The add on in the add ons section is different than this and is to complement your current plan if required and doesn't need a sim outside of the one required for the base plan..

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@vexter 

on the main plan page still shows as $30 not $15 so it’s easy to miss it.

However if one uses close to 1GB per 30 days on top of the initial plan upgrading the plan is a better choice....

Sorry, on the phone, can't quote...

Reply to @AE_Collector and @vexter 

I assume though that you could buy several all at once so that you don't have to keep going back in to buy another one. Nothing lost Doing it this way other than paying up front.

AE_Collector

vexter

OK.  Somehow I missed that "little" detail.  Thank you.

The data add-on is 1 GB each time you purchase it.  It will remain in your account and roll over to the next month until it is used up.  You would have purchase it each time as it does not automatically get added to your account.

vexter

So I bought the 1 GB data to supplement my $15. plan last month to use in the internet dead zone of Lake Erie.  I thought the add-on added 1 GB  every 30 days until I stopped it. Did I misunderstand?  Is it a one time only thing and I have to manually renew/buy more GBs every month? 

@andlock wrote:

Thanks I do need 1GB

You need the 1GB of data add-on ? Log in to My Account and make sure you have at least $15 in the Available Funds. Then scroll down and click Purchase Add-ons.  The third column/first item is your $15 / 1GB of data add-on. Select +1 and Buy it....you should be good to go, but you may have to reboot your phone.

Good luck.

andlock

Thanks I do need 1GB

Katerinah

Very good! It gives you option if you run out of data. Thank you

Ben11222

This is perfect for the cheaper plans, and since it dosen't expire it could supplement your data for awhile. 

The 1GB add-on will remain in your account until it has been used up.  Once your regular plan data has been depleted then the add-on data will be used.

Buddy2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How long is a 1gb add on good for does it have expiry date or is it kept in account till used. and is it in block use or amount needed for top up 

Rehat

great  price ! Well done  team. 

Need Help? Let's chat.