Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Price Change]: 1GB Data Add-on Now $15

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community, 

We have some exciting news to announce today! Effective May 22, 2020 the 1GB Data Add-On will be priced at $15, down from $30! This new price had been previously available as a limited time offer, but we’ve made the decision to change the price permanently after hearing so much positive feedback from the Community. At Public, we’re for you and we’re constantly looking for ways that we can make Public Mobile services more valuable for our customers. 

To get your $15 1GB Data Add-On, follow these steps: 

1.Log in on Self Serve

1. Ensure you have sufficient funds in your account. If not, make sure to top up. 
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons”
  3. Select “My Add-Ons”
  4. Select the 1GB Add-On under ‘Data’
  5. Click ‘Buy Add-Ons 

- The Public Mobile Team

261 REPLIES 261

@danthemanboi  If you bought it in error you can make your case to a moderator by clicking the question mark bottom right. Explain what happened and they may reimburse you. They are not required to though as this is a pre paid service. Doesn't hurt to try though. Good luck.

danthemanboi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I guess I was wrong I thought the 1 gb of data was part of the plan I am on 15 a month not an extra cost can you please remove it and restore the funds or the 15 to my account thanks 

samibaltzer

Awesome! I have been so happy since I have switched to Public Mobile!

buang99
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@Jb456 oh ok. i tought it was the add on

@buang99  in your picture. The $30 on the right. Is an actual 30 day plan if someone just wants data at 4g LTE speed.

It's not an add-on thus the $30 per 30 day plan.

Only the 1gb add-on has been reduced to $15 as shown under addons.

Screenshot_20200619_173537.jpg

buang99

@Jb456  yes. But the huge picture still says $30 per 1gb which is misleading with the old price.

@buang99  It's there you are just not looking at the right place.

Click "Addons" and look there. Scroll down a bit you'll see it!

Screenshot_20200619_173131.jpg

buang99

sdsb.png

Yo guys, update your website for the $15 1gb data add-on. 🙂 So everyone will see the good news.

@sonejose wrote:

The service is all good...I was just not getting the speed because I didn’t activate it properly. Thank you community for helping me...

What are you final settings to make it work optimally?

Yeah no one knows. If you are going back far enough before Telus took out PM, PM WAS their own company who had incentive to provide as much Speed for the $ as possible. Now PM just fits a niche in the Telus line up. But, it works for me.

AE_Collector

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AE_Collector That makes sense. Just PM was more into 4G back then. When everyone moved over to the new 4G Telus network I dont think they throttled the speeds. I guess it was untill they realized that they probaly should start to throttle it or their own customers would move down here witch makes Telus loose money.

When 5G becomes 4G we might switch over to the 5G network and we would probaly be throttled to 20Mbps. Although i don't see that coming in the near future. They might just keep us on the 4G network but allocate more bandwidth. 5G still uses 4G for uploads and the 4G network is overall better. I dont see us switching to that network in 8 years.

sonejose
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The service is all good...I was just not getting the speed because I didn’t activate it properly. Thank you community for helping me...

Danchvn

@BearFBI To be honest, I really don't see any difference from when I was with Telus and apparently had full speed LTE data. Maybe I would have if I did a lot of streaming or lived in the city rather than the rural area I am in.

For my purposes I find it more than adequate and I really do enjoy the savings.

It isn’t that complicated. PM is a third tier provider owned by TELUS. Open speeds up to unthrottled LTE and large numbers of TELUS mobility customers move down to PM to save the $ resulting in significant lost revenue to Telus and shareholders. Improvements to the network would suffer as well.

Presumably as everything becomes faster, one day they might open the speed up more but it still won’t be full speed. Maybe 4G LTE “like speeds” once most Telus customers are on 5G.

AE_Collector

BearFBI

@pm-smayer97 People without a Data Plan on PM get 4G speeds because Public was into that back then. Now all of a sudden 4G is non existent. Or if it is they Jack the prices up to an unreasonable rate. For an extra 4$ you can go with fongos LTE 5GB full speed plan, Or for 5$, less from our 30$ plan you can go with their 25$, plan with 2GB LTE full speed. 

I have no idea why PM uses throttled data. It really dosent bother me but it would be nice to have a just a little more bandwidth than 3 Mbps. Can anyone explain ? And don't say because its cheaper. Its not.

@Anonymous wrote:

That's a plan listed under the plans area. The $15 data is an add-on listed under the add-ons area. The plan is now the only way for new customers to get full LTE speed data.

That is true but just to be clear, EXISTING customers that have NO DATA on the plan can buy the $15/1GB add-on to get FULL LTE speed.

tweakthis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That's fabulous. Thanks for the update.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

@Tiana_V 

on the main page for plans still shows its $30 for 1gb, would be good to change it to $15 for 1gb add on, so new costumers, know. 

As I said above...it's a _plan_ for full 4G LTE data...not an add-on. Sure we may have opinions as to its value but it's _not_ the same as an add-on.

fdrcamb519

@Tiana_V 

on the main page for plans still shows its $30 for 1gb, would be good to change it to $15 for 1gb add on, so new costumers, know. 

BearFBI

@KamWest wrote:

I see the $15 charge under addons in my control panel...

However

The main site still says $30 per gig, that might deter some new clients thinking of signing up. Why not show the $15 instead, it might win a few new clients.

Picture0009.png

Ive always looked at that plan sitting on the front page. Its absolutely useless. I am not even sure why PM bothers to keep it as no one uses it. 15$ Sounds reasonable as the data ad-don is 15$. Even lucky mobile has a 15$ data only plan. If the price were to drop to 15$ it would be more popular. Even 1.5GB for 15$. This is 4G data so it costs more but look at Fido's 15$ 3GB data plan, Or Fongo's 20$ 2GB plan. If Fongo can do it Public can too. Too bad the plan builder doesn't exist anymore. We could have more data only plan options and overall more users will come to PM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KamWest wrote:

However

The main site still says $30 per gig, that might deter some new clients thinking of signing up. Why not show the $15 instead, it might win a few new clients.

That's a plan listed under the plans area. The $15 data is an add-on listed under the add-ons area. The plan is now the only way for new customers to get full LTE speed data.

I checked and it shows $15.

In Canada Data Add-Ons⁷

1 GB Data $15

Try clearing your cache and cookies then reboot.

KamWest

However

Picture0009.png

szajkon

NIce

brandylynn

ok amazing, thanks!

sonejose

I agree with that and I was expecting the same thing but I don’t know what happened?

Kdhillon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Public mobile has great speed and signal. Never had issue .

sonejose

I will check on that. Thank you so much 

Need Help? Let's chat.