Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Price Change]: 1GB Data Add-on Now $15

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community, 

We have some exciting news to announce today! Effective May 22, 2020 the 1GB Data Add-On will be priced at $15, down from $30! This new price had been previously available as a limited time offer, but we’ve made the decision to change the price permanently after hearing so much positive feedback from the Community. At Public, we’re for you and we’re constantly looking for ways that we can make Public Mobile services more valuable for our customers. 

To get your $15 1GB Data Add-On, follow these steps: 

1.Log in on Self Serve

1. Ensure you have sufficient funds in your account. If not, make sure to top up. 
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons”
  3. Select “My Add-Ons”
  4. Select the 1GB Add-On under ‘Data’
  5. Click ‘Buy Add-Ons 

- The Public Mobile Team

261 REPLIES 261

@sonejose $20? Did you buy the 10 day roaming add on by mistake? Please make sure that there is a $20 credit in your self service account. Because if you did do that, you should contact a moderator and explain your situation. Stay safe.

sonejose
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I didn’t know that anyways thanks for helping me out. If it’s showing a balance will be deducted from payment if I am not using it for now.

sonejose

thank you so much. I will try to look at it.

sonejose

Hey, I purchased the add on and it charged me $20 from my card which means it’s activated. Isn’t it

No @sonejose it may only mean that you deposited the funds. check to see by logging into your self service account or calling 611 if you have a credit for the amount. If you bought the add on it should show up like the screenshot below  20200419_140531.jpg

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sonejose wrote:

It’s charged from card which means I had done it the right way. Isn’t 

@sonejose hi are you trying to buy an add on ? it sounds like the money is in your account now you have to go in and purchase it good luck be safe 

@sonejose you still need to apply the add-on. if you have "available funds" go back into your self serve and apply the add-on 

sonejose

It’s not about free but we should enjoy it rite. If we are adding on data and if it’s too slow it sucks. We have to get the best service that’s what I look for.

sonejose

It’s charged from card which means I had done it the right way. Isn’t 

@telemonster 

What should be free? Add-on data?

So with worldwide communication networks struggling to keep up with demand During Covid-19 they should all just open everything up to unlimited use so those that really need data can do battle for bandwidth with those using it for frivolous purposes simply because its free?

AE_Collector

telemonster

c`mon. It should be free for now, shame on you

@Xiangguiqiang did you actually buy the add on?  Its a 2 step process.  First you add the funds then buy the add on. You may ave done step 1 now do step 2.

20200417_204130.jpg

Welcome to the community.  Stay safe. 

@Xiangguiqiang wrote:

Hello, I bought 1GB add on today. How come it does not show the additional 1 GB data on my phone?

It's a 2 step process to get that add-on. First, add $$ to your Available Funds, then go back and actually buy the add-on you want.

Xiangguiqiang

Hello, I bought 1GB add on today. How come it does not show the additional 1 GB data on my phone?

Kdhillon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Amazing offer. I can bring my monthly cost down.  Love that add on rolls over. 

Kdhillon

Add on with public mobile lower rate plan make it great.  Great options if you're not heavy user. Since there is wifi almost everywhere.  

@mpcdesign it makes sense really if you use the add on and dont use it up every month. 🤔

homelifegolcond

thats great.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mpcdesign wrote:

@Anonymous, lol. I can't stop laughing! 

Curious, what will happen if you decide to upgrade your plan from the $15 plan and get an unlimited calling and 5 gigs of data? Those minutes will just sit there until you down-grade again?

Sooo you laugh at me and then ask a question...I see.

So for any other readers that might have the same curiosity...yup.

I'm on the $10 plan. Three of them. One dormant. I'm a very light user. I love the add-ons. Rather than wasting features that you paid for each month. It just uses features as needed and then buy it again. I'd still like to see a texting add-on but there are options. As there are with calling using voip apps. As there are with data using public wifi hotspots.

@Anonymous, lol. I can't stop laughing! 

Curious, what will happen if you decide to upgrade your plan from the $15 plan and get an unlimited calling and 5 gigs of data? Those minutes will just sit there until you down-grade again?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mpcdesign wrote:

yes, you could buy a bunch of multiple add-ons for this price as someone else mentioned. But, since the price is now set-in-stone, one could buy them when you need them. 

Jeez. I just put it out there as an option. I wasn't recommending it as advice. Yes, when the price was not set I picked up two. Now that it's set, I wouldn't have until I needed it.

Same with the $5 add-on. A while ago someone wondered if it had disappeared. I checked it and I could still get it so I bought another one. Turned out to be a false alarm, but it still just sits on my account until needed.

@tarekshumaila@Kdhillon and the best part of the $15 add-on for 1 gig, yes, you could buy a bunch of multiple add-ons for this price as someone else mentioned. But, since the price is now set-in-stone, one could buy them when you need them. 

My mother always says, buy now pay later adage with regards to credit cards. And in a circumstance such as this, the add-ons will just sit in your account until you need them. Why, would you want to buy a bunch of 1 gig add-ons for it to sit in your account? Buy one for now, and maybe check your data usage if you do need to buy more of an add-on or maybe, change the plan to include more data. Basically, you need to do a cost analysis vs data usage of course. @darlicious probably could help you more than I could, because math and stats are not my expertise in. Sleeping and napping is my forte!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kdhillon wrote:

Does add on expire ?

All Canadian add-ons are buy once, consume over time. You can also buy multiples.

@Kdhillon wrote:

Does add on expire ?

@Kdhillon 

Unused data will roll over to next month.  the data add on does not expire until you use up all the data.  

Kdhillon

Does add on expire ?

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

very nice addon at new price.  its would be cool for higher GB data addon as well. 

😁

buang99
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

More data plan options? Maybe 2gb for $25 🙂

@tarekshumaila 

I see your reasoning but since the 1gb data add on stays on your account until completely used a $15 investment to buy the 1gb of add on data to sit on your account to supplement your plan data if you run out just shy of your renewal won't break your bank and could last a year if you only need 75 - 100mb extra per month.

tarekshumaila
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think the price could be a little bit cheaper. Perhaps offer 250mb for $5. Sometimes you run out of data towards the last couple of days of your plan and just need a little push until next cycle.

@sonejose 

If you ghink it may be a connection issue put your phone in airplane mode. Wait 5 min. Turn airplane mode off. You will establish a new connection to your service. This will determine if it's a connection issue....and may solve your data speed issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.