Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Price Change]: 1GB Data Add-on Now $15

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community, 

We have some exciting news to announce today! Effective May 22, 2020 the 1GB Data Add-On will be priced at $15, down from $30! This new price had been previously available as a limited time offer, but we’ve made the decision to change the price permanently after hearing so much positive feedback from the Community. At Public, we’re for you and we’re constantly looking for ways that we can make Public Mobile services more valuable for our customers. 

To get your $15 1GB Data Add-On, follow these steps: 

1.Log in on Self Serve

1. Ensure you have sufficient funds in your account. If not, make sure to top up. 
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons”
  3. Select “My Add-Ons”
  4. Select the 1GB Add-On under ‘Data’
  5. Click ‘Buy Add-Ons 

- The Public Mobile Team

261 REPLIES 261

@Tony49 You can actually purchase as many of these 1GB add-ons as you wish. There wouldn't be any benefit other than having cotinuous use of data. You don't need for it to run before purchasing it again.

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes. Also the data does not expire, and all unused portions will roll over each month until you use it, or your account becomes inactive for 90 days 

Tony49
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If i use all 1GB data before the end of the month can i go back into self serve and purchase another 1GB?

Carniam

Good to know! Thanks!

@Carniam wrote:

I don’t see a way to do it, though you could edit it to remove everything and just write “deleted”

@Carniam   I just edited, and deleted my post, that is all @Esthercruz has to do.

@buang99 wrote:

You may only be able to edit your post. I'm not sure how to remove everything completely.

@buang99   @Esthercruz  can delete all the post when editing and it will only leave behind the original heading.

Carniam

I don’t see a way to do it, though you could edit it to remove everything and just write “deleted”

buang99

You may only be able to edit your post. I'm not sure how to remove everything completely.

Carniam

Click the 3 dots on the top of the post and edit it to remove any info you want out

Esthercruz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, I was able to.

Now I'm concerned about my post that is public. How can I delete it?

buang99

You cannot login from your account? Try recovering your password by going to 'forget password' as you login.

Esthercruz

Hi

Can anyone please help me?

I can't login. PM doesn't recognize my email address

Thanks

Esther

buang99

Love it ❤️ and it never expires. ♥️

It never expires. I just wouldn’t worry about it. Many have bought more than a couple of these add-ons. If the price were to increase one day you would be looking pretty smart for stocking up at a low price!

AE_Collector

@citacar 

There are no refunds. You can ask moderators but they might or might not credit you.

citacar

I just ordered it but bec I did not see it on my account I ordered it again and now I have two. I only need one. How can i cancel the second add-on? Thanks

Gari70

thank you !

@Gari70 yep, the add-ons will stay forever until fully consumed. And they only start to be consumed once your plan data has been fully consumed for the current 30-day term.

Gari70

have a question:

this data addon will rollover untill runs out?

@dabr wrote:

@Jb456   I just checked it out on my phone and also see the correct pricing for all the add-ons there now.   Nicely surprised PM got it done much quicker this time round. 😊

Thanks so much for flagging this to us! Thanks to your keen eye we were able to address it quickly. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456   I just checked it out on my phone and also see the correct pricing for all the add-ons there now.   Nicely surprised PM got it done much quicker this time round. 😊

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Definitely it is a good news!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

This is fixed now on Chrome mobile without having to force it to "desktop mode".

Screenshot_20200525_183137.jpg

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@dabr  Yes I completely agree. All sections PC & Mobile should be double checked before making anything live. 

I just checked again on Chrome mobile. It is still $30 however when I "force" desktop mode it switches to $15. 

Maybe @Tiana_V  could take a look?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

@FlutterWave 

It looks like they have not gotten around to updating the site yet. 

Screenshot_20200523_135542.jpg

But I can confirm it has indeed been changed once you have an account.

Screenshot_20200523_135756.jpg

We look forward to you joining the Public Mobile Family. Don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus!.

Stay safe 🙂

@Jb456   I can see PM's updated new pricing for the 1GB on my desktop but not on my phone. 

I remember  when PM added $5/500 mins to their add-on lineup that it took several weeks before it was viewable on a phone and some customers wondered if that add-on had been removed as they couldn't find it on their devices.   Of course, it would be better from a prospective customer's viewpoint to be able to see the current pricing for everything immediately, but I guess it'll be a few weeks again..

Like the $35 plan, 200 Mb for $10 is “an option”, it just isn’t an overly appealing option.

AE_Collector

@Korth  I would say there is a method to their madness....slowly get rid of or discourage users from having full 4G data speed and forcing the purchase of at least 1gb of add on data. Even before they lowered the price of 1gb to $15 it was a much better deal at $30 then $10/200mb which was equal to $50/1gb.

$15 1GB data add-on price is a good deal.

Although it does make $10 200MB data add-on and $30 1GB data-only plan look like awful deals, lol.

willowtears

I like this idea. Thanks:-)

Need Help? Let's chat.