Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Price Change]: 1GB Data Add-on Now $15

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community, 

We have some exciting news to announce today! Effective May 22, 2020 the 1GB Data Add-On will be priced at $15, down from $30! This new price had been previously available as a limited time offer, but we’ve made the decision to change the price permanently after hearing so much positive feedback from the Community. At Public, we’re for you and we’re constantly looking for ways that we can make Public Mobile services more valuable for our customers. 

To get your $15 1GB Data Add-On, follow these steps: 

1.Log in on Self Serve

1. Ensure you have sufficient funds in your account. If not, make sure to top up. 
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons”
  3. Select “My Add-Ons”
  4. Select the 1GB Add-On under ‘Data’
  5. Click ‘Buy Add-Ons 

- The Public Mobile Team

261 REPLIES 261

@SD08, I would make the 200mb deal to $4 for those who truly canNOT afford it. 4 bucks? that's an odd number? If someone who just needs a little bit to push them over great. But, if another 2oomb is justifiable, they will fork over another $4. In the end, if they decide to get 1 gig by buying 200mb x 5 times = 1 gig = $20, Public Mobile is still making money by $5. 

$8 is a bit steep, but it's a major upsell to the 1gig for $15. But for some, that extra $15 is hard especially during these times?

My two cents...sorry, 5-cents worth! 

@FlutterWave  check your mailbox the envelope at top right side between notification bell and your badge. I sent you a referral code.

FlutterWave
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there! If you have referal code mind if i use yours? 

@FlutterWave 

It looks like they have not gotten around to updating the site yet. 

Screenshot_20200523_135542.jpg

But I can confirm it has indeed been changed once you have an account.

Screenshot_20200523_135756.jpg

We look forward to you joining the Public Mobile Family. Don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus!.

Stay safe 🙂

@FlutterWave  wrote:

Hi there! This is great news! though looking at yout addons I don't we this change Is this fot existing customers only? This is determining if i switch to public mobile or not

Where are you not seeing this change? You can see it on the Plans page under Add-ons section. Once you activate on a current plan, you will be able to get the 1GB add-on for $15.

FlutterWave
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there! This is great news! though looking at yout addons I don't we this change Is this fot existing customers only? This is determining if i switch to public mobile or not

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am

@will13am wrote:

The next thing to consider is larger data buckets, say $30 for 3GB.  

I'd move up from the $25 plan for a monthly plan like this.

Nanqui

Good News! Thanks!

Jonavin

Much better. It’s one of my few complaints about PM. $10 would’ve been better but this is a great move in the right direction.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thankyou. Great news. Enjoy the weekend.

@Naepalm wrote:

@pm-smayer97 the data add ons are 4G LTE. Unless you meant to provide a quantity of 4 gigabytes.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Naepalm 

I think he means full speed. Unless one has an older plan without data, all add-ons will be LTE-Lite.

Exactly....I meant LTE.

Data add-ons are only LTE IF you do not already have data as part the plan (regardless of whether you have used up your plan data or not) OR if you have an older plan with LTE data.

@SD08 wrote:

@Tiana_V 

Great to see that $15 for 1GB is now the regular price.

Perhaps PM could also reduce the price of the 200MB add-on from $10 down to $7 or $8 to help those on a really tight budget?  At that price, it would still be a much better deal to go for the 1GB, so the upsell is still there. (Pay twice the price but get 5x the data.)

Actually, should be $5 or less.

@brettster99 I think pricing should traditionally reflect the larger you purchase the better deal. They should offer a 1G for 15.00 still then a 3G for 20.00 and 5G for 25.00 or something like that. Your idea makes sense, but having more options is a good idea. Some people hardly use any data so keeping 250mb might make sense just make it price comparative. 250mb should be priced at 5.00 500mb at 10.00. 

Anyway not sure what their plans are for the future but I must say the way they have it set up now shows a simple layout that is not too confusing. 

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@gblackma I agree it is obsolete, but surely they had a reason to keep it when they went through the thought process of adjusting the price of the 1 GB add-on. :l

@imm1304 let's be more realistic, 2gb for $25 

👍Makes sense, the 200 mb is basically obsolete with the $15 1 gig price tag. @brettster99  it would be like the US Talk and the US Text add-ons each $8 and combined for $15. Stay safe. 

@brettster99 

I think they are likely to keep the pricing more like it is now to encourage you to spend more up front. I mean if they were to launch a 500Mb add-on it would be $10, not $8. And the 200 Mb add-on would likely be $7 or $8 or just eliminated. If they launched a 3 Mb it might be $35 and a 5 Mb maybe at $50. But I doubt they do any of this in the near future. Lower priced roll over data add-ons would likely encourage too many to move to the $15 plan.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ed404 wrote:

@Tiana_V Please consider adjusting the price of the 200MB data add-on. It does not make sense that the 200MB add-on costs $10 when 1GB is only $15. Thanks.

I would say just drop the 200MB altogether. Add-ons stay on until consumed.

Tiana_V could add the 500 minute add-on to the 611 service though.

brettster99

@Ed404 

To be honest no one really buys the 200mb add on compared to the 1GB add on. Like I bought a $120 worth of the 1GB add on (8GB) with the limited time sale. That price incentivized me purchasing it and now it is really is a good deal for a 1GB add on. Still more expensive than the plans but not so out there that no one would buy it.

As for the 200MB I think they should just get rid of that and introduce a 500MB add on for $8 because it is an add on. It's still a good deal but if you want 1GB worth you spend a whole dollar more buy buying two then one full GB. @darlicious @RossN @gblackma @Naepalm  Thoughts on my idea?

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@imm1304 That's way too cheap!

@Tiana_V Please consider adjusting the price of the 200MB data add-on. It does not make sense that the 200MB add-on costs $10 when 1GB is only $15. Thanks.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @Tiana_V !

This is a good move. I am excited to hear that the price has dropped.

I would like to suggest a new 5GB add-on for $25.  

@NezgarThe data speed question was settled many moons ago....here must be no data attached to the plan whatsoever.....this is why many people have reported they get the 250mb data bonus without having autopay. The elimination of the $10 plan was to get rid of having to give full speed 4G data. Now the only current plan with it is the data only plan.

They could introduce a 50/50/50 $10 plan.....50 texts, 50 minutes and 50mb of data. That solves the full 4G data issue.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V Great news,Public is getting better all the time!!

@ibuddler  and $15 for the one that doesn't expire? Thanks. 

ibuddler
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1GB for $15 isn't bad considering the data will roll over and never expire. 

But for those asking for 500MB for $10, what's point of doing that? Because if people need data add-on, they will definitely look for the cheapest add-on instead of others because it won't expire.

I would suggest PM to offer 1GB for $10 or 500BM for $5 with an EXPIRATION of 60 days or 30 days. 

This will target people using slight more data but doesn't require unlimited talking and texting.

@AE_Collector / @dabr - TBH I have not tested this.. But I thought I read this previously. Ive been too conservative with my data to find out

If anyones willing to test...... 😁

Edit: maybe it was $15 plan WITHOUT auto-pay bonus, since that would remove the included data...

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Nezgar wrote:

@popping - I believe on the $15 plan I would still get full LTE speed with the 1GB add-on, I just have to burn through the included 250MB at 3Mbps first 🙂

@Nezgar   I thought all add-on data defaults to the plan speed and the $10 plan never had data included and that is why any add-on will remain at 4G speed?  All the other plans only offer 3G speeds anyway, except the data only plan.  Are you saying that isn't quite true?

@Nezgar 

I didn’t think so. Only on plans that don’t include any 3G data (the $10 plan). Unless it is another glitch of the $15 plan?

@popping - I believe on the $15 plan I would still get full LTE speed with the 1GB add-on, I just have to burn through the included 250MB at 3Mbps first 🙂

fdrcamb519

@darlicious 

I think you missed one, Barbers ( what I do) Target marketing, makes sense.

Need Help? Let's chat.