Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Price Change]: 1GB Data Add-on Now $15

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community, 

We have some exciting news to announce today! Effective May 22, 2020 the 1GB Data Add-On will be priced at $15, down from $30! This new price had been previously available as a limited time offer, but we’ve made the decision to change the price permanently after hearing so much positive feedback from the Community. At Public, we’re for you and we’re constantly looking for ways that we can make Public Mobile services more valuable for our customers. 

To get your $15 1GB Data Add-On, follow these steps: 

1.Log in on Self Serve

1. Ensure you have sufficient funds in your account. If not, make sure to top up. 
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons”
  3. Select “My Add-Ons”
  4. Select the 1GB Add-On under ‘Data’
  5. Click ‘Buy Add-Ons 

- The Public Mobile Team

261 REPLIES 261

@fdrcamb519 

I don't know I think target marketing only costumers might be limiting perhaps opening it up to masqueraders, dressers, tailors, cordwainers, millners, couturiers, seamstresses and lacemakers.

Now that's a target market!😉

@Tiana_V     Very nice!  that is definitely a better price point for customers...but I also like @makkahn28's  idea of introducing 500MB (reintroducing?) perhaps at $10 price and just getting rid of the 200MB altogether, as the pricing for it makes no sense anyways.  I wasn't aware that 500 MB used to be available before either... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Send me the offers! I even have an AB #. Oh wait .. is that soliciting? 🙂

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

WOW...

My grandfathered $10 plan suddenly becomes very valuable.  

Everyone will like to have my $10 plan because adding $15 1GB add-on will give me LTE data speed.  It is better than the $25 1GB plan 3G speed with autopay enabled.  My unused add-on data will be roll over to next cycle.

With this out of the bag, PM will not bring back the $10 plan for sure.

Don't send me any offer to take over my $10 plan as I like to keep my phone number  lol

That's fantastic news! You now have a real moneymaker with a data add on priced at $15. You have essentially given those on a tight budget who manage mobile phone services with restraint a basic plan builder with the $15 plan  and the choice of three cheap calling add ons and a reasonably  priced data add on that will now sell like hotcakes. I for one will be perfectly happy with this new change and not ask for it to be a la mode..........yet.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

This is great news:)

Thank you

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tiana_V 

awsome news 1gb for $15, I agree with other members 3gb for $30 would be a great idea, tons of costumers would jump on it.

I think they have also built in a 15c residual from all 1Gb Add-ons Sold going to the guy who suggested the drop In price originally! Yahooooo! (I’m kidding of course).

Considering it is roll over data I personally would prefer to see them not bring back 500 Mb, drop 200 Mb But then add a 3 Gb and/or 5 Gb add-on for a slightly better price per Gb.

AE_Collector

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

sweetdeal.jpg

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V That's very nice of you! Thanks! Hopefully, 500mb addon also will appear in the shop in the closest future.

That is awesome, and also about time.

The $30 for 1GB was too much

Now, IF ONLY 500MB can be brought back as well

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Naepalm 

I think he means full speed. Unless one has an older plan without data, all add-ons will be LTE-Lite.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tiana_V 

Great to see that $15 for 1GB is now the regular price.

Perhaps PM could also reduce the price of the 200MB add-on from $10 down to $7 or $8 to help those on a really tight budget?  At that price, it would still be a much better deal to go for the 1GB, so the upsell is still there. (Pay twice the price but get 5x the data.)

@pm-smayer97 the data add ons are 4G LTE. Unless you meant to provide a quantity of 4 gigabytes.

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

Very nice move. $30/1 GB was always way to high.

Now maybe consider providing 4G LTE data add-ons? and even the return of plans with 4G LTE?

Great news for those needing data.

Maybe soon a calling plan will come out? No text or data.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

This is good news especially for people needing more data due to the current pandemic.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is great news for everyone, particularly at a time when people are working from home and some rely solely on mobile data.  The next thing to consider is larger data buckets, say $30 for 3GB.  

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Wow! this is amazing! Looking at past posts this is not the first time Public Mobile has listened to the community. There have been past promotions that they solidified and made permanent including the refer a friend. Which is now a huge part. Thank you so much for going against the grain and listening to your customers!

Thanks every little bit helps.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Tiana_V, this is great to see that this has become a permanent price change and will help many people when they run out of data to purchase a data add-on that doesn't expire to get them to their renewal than paying for their whole plan to be renewed early.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.