cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Plan updates + new $10 limited talk and text plan!

So PM conveniently rescind from its original offer.  What about ppl reported the call forwarding using double the plan minutes?  Its system records a simultanous incoming call & out going call whenever there is call forward, and hence double counting the minutes.  Is it part of the plan feature too??  I suggest PM should really get down to the action and fix its system instead of keep changing its plan to work around the system!

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Technically the terms of service cover them. It does state how the minutes are calculated. I know that they did make an error with the faq but it would be up to public mobile on how they can or will fix it.

From the Service terms

Voice calls Charges for voice calls are based on the airtime used when you make and receive calls on your mobile phone. Voice airtime is calculated, for both incoming and outgoing calls, from the time the call is initiated to the time it is disconnected, including the time used to route the call through the network and any ring time. The airtime for each voice call is rounded up to the nearest minute. Long distance charges are incurred when you make voice calls from one local calling area to another and also for all calls you receive when outside your local calling area. Long distance calls use local airtime minutes, which are charged at the rate specified for the voice service active on your account. If your device's radio signal is picked up by a cellular tower outside of your local calling area, the call may be treated as long distance.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The terms of servoce you quoted has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

I was going to say that too...Bravo!

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pm-smayer97 it does with regards to how the calls are counted. I did state it would be up to public to see about how to fix the issue with regards to the faq's that they did post. 

so what you saying is that PM are free to double or triple charges its customer??  All it need is only to update its faq's...WOW, I learn something new today!  No wonder they say Canadians are soft head and easily gouged...consumer right doesn't mean anything to some...BRAVOS!!!

Mayor / Maire

@econ007 wrote:

so what you saying is that PM are free to double or triple charges its customer??  All it need is only to update its faq's...WOW, I learn something new today!  No wonder they say Canadians are soft head and easily gouged...consumer right doesn't mean anything to some...BRAVOS!!!

@econ007 yes, all the carriers are to some extent, and they sadly do so from time to time. 

Anyone on a post-paid contract (at another carrier--since PM is pre-paid, month-to-month only) has their base rate plan price guaranteed for the length of the contract, but the carriers can and often do increase the price of extras.  A prime example is Roam Like Home/Easy Roam/Roam Sweet Roam/etc., that have steadily risen since introduction a few years ago.

Anyone month-to-month on a post-paid service or month-to-month on a pre-paid service (e.g. all Public Mobile plans) have a maximum of 30 days of rate guarantee, as the carrier can increate plan rates at any time as long as they give you 30 days of notice.  This does happen as well.  You've probably seen news articles (at least if you frequent sites like mobilesyrup or iphoneincanada) of carriers doing this.  Fido bumped up a bunch of MTM plans $5 not too long ago, as did Virgin I believe.  Probably others too.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Even it is proven (and admitted by the company) to be the system flaw that caused the double charge?? I don't think so.

Mayor / Maire

@econ007 wrote:

Even it is proven (and admitted by the company) to be the system flaw that caused the double charge?? I don't think so.

@econ007 sorry I was speaking to rate plan cost increases, not to what your'e talking about.  I agree that they should not be able to change the parameters of the plan a week or so in.  My understanding is the original way it was documented was the way PM thought it would work, but system limitations forced them to change it.  If I were one of the affected customers that signed up based on the promises laid out originally, I would be upset as well, and would be reaching out to them to make the situation right.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The $10 plan is awesome includes "unlimited incoming texts"

• 50 MINUTES Canada-wide Talk
  • UNLIMITED Incoming Text
  • 50 TEXTS Outgoing International Text

I'm a 2 week newbie trying out this PM $10 plan. Have been texting regularly at least 10 to 20 texts every single day and just noticed that my account only shows 3 or so texts used.

Smiley HappyWOW ..WOW just  realized that I have been wasting my money on my BELL plan for features that I realy didn't need.   Since I and most of the persons I know have iPhones all but 3 or so of my texts so far went by iMessage. I have of course received quite a few Spam and other texts from android users but again with this awesome PM $10 plan all incoming texts are free. I also consider it a bonus that this economical plan also includes 50 Canada wide voice plans.

LOL Smiley Very HappyNow my only problem will be as to how to spend all the money I will be saving once I cancel my BELL Mobility plan. LOL