cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: [Pilot] Certified Pre-Owned Phones Now Available at Public

Thanks to Public Mobile for the intiative, for offering a variety of phones
and for always looking for ways to improve our experience.

@Jb456There's no need to be so harsh. You may want to tone it down a notch.

As others mention, time will tell how this works out.

There's no other company like Public Mobile. They continue to offer very generous rewards.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@LovesToPM  harsh? Ok there buddy. It's a public forum and it's just my opinion.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LovesToPM wrote:

Thanks to Public Mobile for the intiative, for offering a variety of phones
and for always looking for ways to improve our experience.

@Jb456There's no need to be so harsh. You may want to tone it down a notch.

As others mention, time will tell how this works out.

There's no other company like Public Mobile. They continue to offer very generous rewards.

I've actually thought to myself worse than using the word "joke" to describe some of the things that Public Mobile has done. I also don't believe that the prices for these devices are any good - I'll actually say that except for maybe the iPhone 6s, the prices are actually really, really bad. While we might not all agree on the implemenation of this program, the first post in this thread indicated that Public Mobile wants feedback about this program. With my main critisism being the pricing on mainly discontinued devices, those prces can be adjusted later on if Pubilic Mobile finds that the phones aren't selling.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jess_D  Good option for those that want a phone to go with a plan and do not want to be bothered shopping for a used one.

👍 on the one year warranty and the $0 sim option. You should also consider offering a discount to existing PM customers instead of the zero cost sim card.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I've suggested in the past that PM start selling phones. Figuring they would follow something like Koodo prepaid phones 

https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-phones?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_PrepaidPhones

Which are new phones similar to the ones Lucky sells.

Afterall people come to PM for cheap phone plans. Not for overpriced old phones. Many with PM get their parents or grandparents a line as it's cheap. How many posts in the past wanting flip phones for elders? Well Koodo prepaid it's $85 phone. Lucky sells the same flip as well. Nope not PM. Not an overpriced refurbished Samsung or a 5 year discontinued 5 year old iPhone that will be ending support very soon.

PM could even add some of the lower priced Koodo postpaid certified phones. Like the moto G fast is only $180 released it June 2020. I'd likely take that over a 5 year old iphone. And Koodo certified is likely close to new cause they have a 15 day return period or 30 day for online orders on new phones. People try them out, don't like it, return it then Koodo has to sell it as certified.

I'd like to see PM do something like this and not what they currently have posted. 

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

wow! this is great for me. I have a half broken iPhone 7 so it will be great that I can replace it with the google pixel 2xl for a very great price! great job public mobile. one suggestion though; I would personally love a public mobile app for the phone so you can track your data usage on the go without having to open the website and then go under your account. keep up the great work public mobile!

Highlighted

This is an interesting way for public mobile to go selling refurbished phones. But for the most part the prices are overinflated. Maybe try offering lower-end phones that are affordable and flip phones. These would be better suited to the type of customer Public Mobile has or wants to attract.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

For bargain hunters, savvy shoppers, patient buyers and picky buyers this is not going to appeal to them.

For one stop, easy, prefer to know to be unlocked, compatible and not blacklisted device buyers who just want a phone that works here I think it's great that this has come on stream for them.

Highlighted
Oracle

I just hate the idea of PM selling phones and using kiosks/resellers. I much preferred the 100% online byop concept.

borg.gif

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Highlighted

@Hello_Jackson wrote:

wow! this is great for me. I have a half broken iPhone 7 so it will be great that I can replace it with the google pixel 2xl for a very great price! great job public mobile. one suggestion though; I would personally love a public mobile app for the phone so you can track your data usage on the go without having to open the website and then go under your account. keep up the great work public mobile!

@Hello_Jackson  If you decide to go with the Google Pixel 2XL purchase then you really don't need the app for data usage because the built in Google data usage app pretty much mirrors the the Public's data counter as others have reported on this forum in the past.

Need Help? Let's chat.